Diablo® III

Fixing 3007 Errors - Please Read.

First things first, I am speaking about 3007 errors here - not 3001's or any other kind of disco related error, so please before you make yourself out to be the fool, remember that fact.

If this makes sense, please request it as a sticky, as this will help others.

Error 3007 is related to an issue where your computer is unable to stay connected to the servers. It is not an issue with the game at all, regardless of whether or not you can play steam games, Minecraft, or MW2 online stably, it is absolutely 100% an issue where your computer is unable to stay connected to the server.

In essence, when you get a 3007, it is your computers way of saying "Oh sorry, it seems as though the server is working fine, but I am unable to stay connected to it for some reason".

Now.... this puts it down to two areas that may be causing the problem. Blizzard are often referring people to check their connection within the boundaries of their home. This can relate to a few things:

• Is your modem suitable for online gaming?
  • Are you using a decent quality telephone line that has not deteriorated?
  • For ADSL adn ADSL2+ users, are you using a line filter with a telephone?
  • Do you have any firewalls that may be blocking access (both Windows and third party?
  • Are the drivers for your networking cards up to scratch, not corrupted?
  • Is your modem near devices that can interfere with the signal (Cordless phones, microwaves, etc)

...and that is just a few things that can go wrong.

For example - I used to get drop outs every single time my phone rang, and the issue was because my cordless phone was not certified to not interfere with a wireless modem. I bought a new handset, and there were no more problems. Ta da!!

Another example - When I first got Diablo III, I used to get the odd occasional 3007 error, which I found was related to my outdated modem that is around 5 years old. I have since replaced it with a Netgear N600 dual band (and had other issues investigated which I will explain later), and it holds solid.

If you have checked your connection within the walls of your home and it seems fine, then it could very well relate to an issue external to your property. In fact, in 90% of cases where people are excessively getting 3007's, you will probably find that this is where the problem is, ESPECIALLY for those here in Australia that have underground cabling. More on that later.

The other part of the connection that regularly fails is the connection between your home and the exchange. Our networks here are mainly copper (except Optus which is Fiber but runs at the same speed as copper), and understandably are extremely outdated and frail. These are the lines that were built at the turn of the century, and are in dire need of replacement (hence the importance of the NBN). These lines fail - especially those that run underground, because of water build up. In some cases, if you open the covers in your street, you will see your cables wrapped up in a Coles shopping bag to protect them from later. Think I'm kidding? I'm not.

This is why, if everything works in your house, I highly recommend talking to your ISP, run through your troubleshooting with them, and then lodge a request for an investigation into the line quality between your home and the exchange. I can promise you that 90% of the 3007 issues that people are experiencing at the moment are a direct result of this.

I also had my lines investigated, and repairs are in progress that have, along with my new modem, already stabilized my connection with the servers for Diablo III.

I know that telling a bunch of people who are upset about the performance of a game that the fault is at their end is never going to be a popular set of words, but frankly, its how it is.

Hope this helps. ;)
Reply Quote
so basicly
if anyone wanna play diablo3
upgrade everything in between the phone line socket on the wall
to the PC itself?
Reply Quote
so basicly
to the PC itself?

No, that's not what I said.

I'm just giving you an idea of what the problem may be, if you are getting 3007's.
Reply Quote
so basicly
to the PC itself?

No, apparently everything between the PC and your ISP's main pickup on the Pacific Fibre submerged international cable.

HazBeard, I get kind of what you are saying, but like I said in another thread, I'll just copy and paste:

You can stress it all you want but like you say " its ability to remain connected with the servers", I think it's THEIR servers inability to remain connected to my computer.
If you are so correct, then why does no other fast paced game or FPS or MMOL-RPG never have any issue like this? You're telling me that my nets up up to scratch for every other thing we do online, however for a simple 4 person multiplayer MMO (or whatever you categorise it as), my webs aren't good enough?

The way I see it, if every other online game and program can stay connected and show no issue of trouble (by the way I get 0 packet loss to their servers after sending 50 packets, multiple trials), then THEIR servers/infrastructure aren't up to the job.

PS: Don't take offense, I'm probably just not understanding something, but if you could answer my questions and prove me wrong, that'd be great.

*palmface*

This is precisely why I quit my job...

Some online games have different requirements and use different percentages of your bandwidth, correct... however at the end of the day, it comes down to your computers inability to remain connected to the server, not visa versa.

Does Blizzard call you and say "I'm trying to connect to you?". No! Its the other way around...

And no... the underwater intercontinental cabling is not what I am referring to. What I am referring to is the cable that connects to your home from the main lines in your street, then the lines that run from your street back to the exchange and connect to the DSLAM, whether this is copper cabling or HFC. These cables are in worse shape than most people in this forum are willing to believe, because for whatever reason, EVERYTHING here is Blizzards fault.

With packet loss... again, this has utterly nothing to do with your ability to remain connected! This is a one of set of packets that you are sending to a remote server. This is not a stress test as to how long your Internet can stay connected.... *palmface*
Edited by HazBeard#1939 on 5/24/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm curious if people are getting this error, whether they are using something other than a D-Link router
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 07:55 PMPosted by LOLCAT
I'm curious if people are getting this error, whether they are using something other than a D-Link router

Using a Netgear N600 here. Was on a crappy Belkin before hand, and got the odd occasional 3007.
Reply Quote
I see. I'm using a Netgear modem to a D-Link router. It was definitely the router for me. The only way I have it working was to put my comp in the DMZ (yes I know it's a security risk).

For some reason not even port forwarding would work. Also, it took away ANY semblance of lag at all. Even with the ping reading 200-400ms, was seamless. Perhaps this makes sense, seeing as dropped or unrouted packets would cause both lag and disconnections.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone, I have been getting this issue a lot too but I have found since I joined general chat and say something in there every few minutes it keeps me in game, I've had 0 disconnects since I started doing that a few days ago, maybe it will work for some of you too? Just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
This OP in this thread seems to be implying that the 3007 error is always the fault of the end user. I don't agree.

I've been following this issue pretty closely as I was consistently getting this error every 10-15 minutes. I've since determined that the cause of my particular issue was a problem with the NAT table on my router. I suspect that my router is a little too aggressive when it comes to cleaning up idle connections, probably to conserve memory.

I, like many others had no such problems with the beta client. I also do a lot of on-line gaming other than Diablo 3 without issue. While I was able to fix this issue on my end there is nothing technically wrong with my set up. It's unrealistic to expect people with no background in networking to diagnose and fix this sort of problem, especially when the problem is exclusive to Diablo 3.

For the record, I'm using a TP Link W8960N router.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
I think the thing with 3007 is that its one error with many symptoms.

Pull the cable from your comp. 1 reason.
Local ISP/Router/Modem sadness. 1 reason.
Firewall, 1 reason.

However the main reason I believe is to do with flakey servers at blizz end.

I have 3 computers, they get played diablo at the same time.

1 person is on for 2 hours. 1 is off every 30 mins and 1 off every 5-10 mins (even with general chat pants).

Next day, similar pattern but different people being 3007'd.

So all the OP said is valid....but....its not the only reason.
Reply Quote
however at the end of the day, it comes down to your computers inability to remain connected to the server, not visa versa.

Does Blizzard call you and say "I'm trying to connect to you?". No! Its the other way around...

A connection is not one sided. If a server isn't responding, or is dropping me, then how is it my fault I can't hold the connection?

05/24/2012 07:50 PMPosted by HazBeard
the underwater intercontinental cabling is not what I am referring to.
That was a joke...

05/24/2012 07:50 PMPosted by HazBeard
These cables are in worse shape than most people in this forum are willing to believe, because for whatever reason, EVERYTHING here is Blizzards fault

It is, if I can play every other game ont he market with no problems (being told I cant hold a connection, etc) then why does one game have a right to say that itsmy fault and I (as well as thousands of others) need to have my ISP upgrade their !@#$ to allow me to play properly?

I will agree that our infrastructure is very %^-* and old and in bad condition.

Stop "*palface*"ing and treating us like kids and answer my original questions. No one cares why you quit your job, and it's probably got somethuing to do with inability to explain things properly and your attitude. I consider myself extremely IT savvy and still do not understand why it would come up with this error for D3 ONLY, why a connection is ENTIRELY my ISP's side and nothing to do with the server, etc.

If there's this many people with the issue, Blizzard should kind of know where Aussie infrastructure is at these days, as we arent back in the stone age, so should they put on their boxs "Requires super amazing Fibre Optics and only people on the NBN and who can hold a constant connection to our servers can play (You will not be able to tell if you hold a constant connection to our servers, even if you have amazing internet with every other online experience)"?

But I've only got this dropout followed by error 3007 a few times in 2 weeks, except Tuesday main night, when they let people back on and it was doing it every 3 minutes.

On another part:
05/24/2012 07:55 PMPosted by LOLCAT
It's a D-LINK (I'm at work now, but I think it's this one) DSL-2740BR Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ Modem Router
http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=864

And I'm connected via ethernet to that.
05/24/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Trigger
I have found since I joined general chat and say something in there every few minutes it keeps me in game

Yes thats what they say to do, but we shouldnt have to. It's annoying, the people on gen chat are annoying, especially if I'm trying to talk to my battlenet friends, and it's obviously just to make sure you are keeping a connection to the server open so it is not idling out.

I'm very sorry that the news that I had to share with you today was not exactly what you wanted to hear. I understand that sometimes, things go wrong, and we never quite know who to blame. Of course, it is never easy to digest that sometimes whilst there are issues on both parties side, there are things that we can do at our end that make things smoother, however sometimes it is better to simply do what we can.

A connection between a game is initiated by a request, however it is not the servers job to stay connected. That is the clients responsibility, and whilst I understand that there are multiple things that are completely out of your control that may be affecting your ability to stay connected to a remote server for extended periods of time, this is not Blizzards responsibility. Can they do things to help us stay connected for longer? There is a possibility of that, however for a solution for the meantime, take it or leave it. :)
Reply Quote
Hi,

Im from New Zealand and have a Dynalink RTW1025WV6 router
Ive Port Forwarded 80,1119,6881-6999
Works fine now no DC "Error 3007"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]