Diablo® III

Belial and Azmodan Story Fail *SPOILERS*

To your surprise, his body crumples instantly - that was the easiest Lord of Hell you've ever fought. You feel victorious for only a second - even before his body hits the ground, you know there's something wrong. And Belial's form slowly reverts back to that of the child emperor. It was an illusion, and you killed a kid

Damn, that's actually pretty awesome.
I tend to think an expansion would deal with the creature trapped in that special jewel Shen keeps talking about.
awesome story i approve 10/10
Don't like how the character gets played by Lord of Lies into killing an Emperor Kid.

My character is the embodiment of badassery, not falling to demonic lies. The character progression of an ACTION RPG is all about becoming more badass, and if I fall to the same damn demon trick four times (for each difficulty level), I'm just going to be more upset.

As for the conclusion to Azmodan, I truly enjoyed it to its fullest. That would have been really fun to see demons playing tricks on other demons and fighting in a wrecked Bastion's Keep.

I know you put a lot of time and effort into this. I think you've got some seriously great ideas into some dark stories. Keep up the good work.

I think what Blizzard did to the story was better for the majority, though.

Gameplay > Story, and this game definitely has the gameplay.
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 5/25/2012 10:31 AM PDT
+1 Like

Stopped reading when he said "Bhaal"

What's funny is you think this makes you look clever when the reality is the exact opposite.

What's funny is you think a persons intelligence can be defined by a forum post.
05/25/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
Gameplay > Story, and this game definitely has the gameplay.

There's literally no reason whatsoever that we couldn't get both great gameplay AND great story.
05/25/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
My character is the embodiment of badassery, not falling to demonic lies. The character progression of an ACTION RPG is all about becoming more badass, and if I fall to the same damn demon trick four times (for each difficulty level), I'm just going to be more upset.

This is like a recurring theme of the Diablo series though. The ENTIRE first game is your character falling into Diablo's trap to let him possess his body. If the Lord of Lies isn't going to freaking fool you with a lie, why is he the lord of lies? If a great strategist is just going to call his attacks as he sends wave after wave at you with the same repeated results, why is he a great strategist?

My problem was that these were abilities that Blizzard told us these guys had that didn't actually reflect any aspect of their actual impact on the story. Better villains = better story.
Edited by Cthulboohoo#1350 on 5/25/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Thumbs up. They won't change it of course, but something like this would be a big improvement if they did. Belial and Asmodan beat Diablo, they are better then he is, and should come across as such. Also the villain should not constantly talk to you, and talk about his feelings in memos to his soldiers. Asmodan feels more like a Sex in the City character then a horrible demon.

Delta, you're totally right about the Diablo fight. So, now that he has all the power of all 7 evils he... basically fights exactly like he did in d2 when he didn't have any of that? So boring when it could have been so good.

The fight basically writes itself - we have seen all of the evils before so just have Diablo cycle through all of the other demons powers + his own force lightning deal, maybe even change in appearance slightly as he takes on their aspects.

In the last couple of minutes of the fight, as he grows desperate, he uses all the powers simultanesouly and you've got Andarial poison clouds and Asmodan hell pools and Mephisto style clones all flying around the board at once - could have been very cool.
05/25/2012 10:36 AMPosted by SteelyPhil
In the last couple of minutes of the fight, as he grows desperate, he uses all the powers simultanesouly and you've got Andarial poison clouds and Asmodan hell pools and Mephisto style clones all flying around the board at once - could have been very cool.

This is also a very good idea.
Congratulations!, that was amazing!
I don't quite like the depiction of the final battle, but the Belial fix was great and also Azmodan's use of actual strategy. On the "game" side of this deviating from the formula of ending chapters in real boss fights may be a downer though.. maybe if the battle with Magda is moved to just before that point or something, much like when you confront azmodan's consort before him.
Great work man.
This won't happen, good ideas until the end though. The whole Belial and Azmodan fight got a bit ridiculous, other than that, very cool.
05/25/2012 10:40 AMPosted by SynAck
This won't happen, good ideas until the end though. The whole Belial and Azmodan fight got a bit ridiculous, other than that, very cool.

I'll edit it. Just take out the invincibility part. I don't know. Like I said, I made this post in twenty minutes as a stream of consciousness from my iPhone.
90 Night Elf Hunter
This is badass. I'm just going to pretend what you said is what actually happened. Really should app to blizzard if you are usually this clever.
IGNORANT FOOLS! IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT MY LAST PLAN HAS FAILED BECAUSE I HAVE A NEW ONE THAT CANNOT FAIL! would you like to know more? :>
The Act II finale was !@#$ing sweet. Spice up the Act III a bit tho.
05/25/2012 10:45 AMPosted by JoUBG
IGNORANT FOOLS! IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT MY LAST PLAN HAS FAILED BECAUSE I HAVE A NEW ONE THAT CANNOT FAIL! would you like to know more? :>

The mark of a truly brilliant strategist.
05/25/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Block
The Act II finale was !@#$ing sweet. Spice up the Act III a bit tho.

My lunch break is over. Maybe when I'm home from work I'll tackle this again.

I had some other ideas for this too, but I wanted to make it as easily implementable into the current story as possible. Because on the extreme off chance Blizzard actually gets inspired to throw this into an expansion pack or something, I wanted to make it as simple as possible.

I mean other than new cut scene rendering and voice acting, this would probably be like two or three weeks of work. And greatly improve the story for me.
05/25/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Bonnett
Kinda sad that someone randomly on to forums can think up a better plot in half an hour than an entire team of devs did for god knows how many months/years.
Blizzard has some of the greatest character concepts in the business. It's truly a shame that once they get these characters to interact with each other, those concepts are trodden on.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]