Diablo® III

Evasive Fire appreciation thread

(With Covering Fire)

PROS:
1. Good AOE.
2. Can get you out of unpleasant situations.
3. It helps you kite if you know what you are doing.
4. It does good damage.
5. It generates the most hatred.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY: it hits through obstacles! Rip those pesky wallers apart!

CONS:
1. Has somewhat of a learning curve.
2. If you use it wrong, it drains your discipline, and it can put you in unpleasant situations.
3. While it does good damage, it's not as good as Devouring Arrow.

I'm actually in love with this skill, especially because of n6 PRO. It's amazing.
Who's with me?
Reply Quote
The damage of evasive fire is less then that of hungering arrow... by quite a bit.
Reply Quote
I used it in late nm early hell but found it to be rather annoying due to having a higher ping suddenly flipping back. I didn't realise how annoying it was until I switch to hungering arrow. Like many abilities though they loose there appear on harder difficulties ie vault. I suppose with displace rune it might be enough to make it useful in inferno so I guess that's worth testing.
Reply Quote
It'll get you killed about as often as it will save you... probably more-so.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 03:43 AMPosted by Celdra
The damage of evasive fire is less then that of hungering arrow... by quite a bit.

No

Covering fire is:

3x 125% (375%) weapon damage ideal for elite packs
+1 hatred gen
Easy to aim therefore instant back flips when spamming with decent attack speed
Great against invulnerable and wallers

It'll get you killed about as often as it will save you... probably more-so.

That is a learn to play issue, furthermore the back flip component is just icing on the cake compared to covering fire's solid damage.
Reply Quote
I played with evasive as my primary through NM.
Positioning is key for making sure the backflip doesn't get you killed.

Never noticed it shoots through walls, though. Might have to try it out again ;)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
While I like the ability, I think you've exaggerated how amazing it is.

1) Decent AoE. It's still weak in terms of AoE when compared to Grenades and pretty much all the runes Grenades offers. Still, it's a valid point.

2) It can, but only with practiced use. And there is a cost here. Not to mention the fact that it only works if you have the Disc for it. A good point still, but we must be fair.

3) This is just pretty much true, though it comes with the same issues as 2.

4) It does relatively poor single target damage. Pretty much all the incarnations of Bola and Hungering do significantly beter single target.

5) Base, yes. But Pursuit of Justice> ES and Tinkerer Grenades both offer a lot more Hatred regen. (6).

Cons:

1) Yup.

2) This sorta goes with 1, but this is also a bigger deal than you make it seem. Mobs with teleport, jailer or anything that radically changes mob and player positioning in the battlefield can make almost any amount experience worthless and lead to draining Disc.

3) Yup. Or as good as Bola.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 05:36 AMPosted by Wolverine
What people are missing is there is no missile travel time, and the CD resets if you do flip. The hatred regen is the best there is.

The instant damage is great, while it does not have best hatred regen covering fire is a solid all round package.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]