Diablo® III

The oldest game you play? (You too Bashiok)

Anything produced by Sierra/Lucas Arts back in the late 80's to mid 90's is godly, imo....

Space / Kings / Police Quest Series
Maniac Mansion / Day of Tentacle
Indana Jones game series

Awesome plots, with tons of humor and enough mind-wrenching puzzle content to fry your brain!

Its too bad those kinds of games are more or less a dead genre now. :(

i loved the spacequest and kingsquest...used to play them all the time.....could never figure out space quest though...

oldest games i still play right now would have to be Delta Force Land Warrior...and Diablo 2
Reply Quote
X-Com Terror from the Deep and Age of Wonders 1,2, and Shadow Magic
Reply Quote
Oomph. Hard question for me, I play a lot of older games... quick list:

Nethack
Super Mario Bros. 3
Rise of the Dragon
Ultima 7
Faxanadu

I think those are the oldest of the games I play regularly. I play a lot of SNES games too- have a run of Bahamut Lagoon going right now (was Breath of Fire 2 until somehow my damn game glitched on me right before the fall of Evrai without me realizing it and I overwrote the save file. All health and mana was replenished at the beginning of each turn in combat, and I had infinite gold. Completely ruined the game, and I didn't feel like restarting from scratch).

There's a couple odd games that are just as old (if not older) than my list, but it'd be dishonest to say I play them regularly. Nethack is the one on the list that gets the most playtime and Rise of the Dragon is the one that gets the least- it doesn't offer much replayability after you figure it all out, but it's still a good story with great atmosphere, and if you know what you're doing you can have it done in a couple hours. It's my go to to introduce someone into older adventure games because it's relatively small compared to Monkey Island, King's Quest, and my personal favorite, Grim Fandango, but it gets many things right and is an excellent quick overview of the genre.

But the most important thing you should be taking away here is Nethack is amazing. Has way more depth and complexity than the vast majority of games.
Reply Quote
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 7
Asheron's Call
Civilization series
Reply Quote
Anything produced by Sierra/Lucas Arts back in the late 80's to mid 90's is godly, imo....

Indana Jones game series

Awesome plots, with tons of humor and enough mind-wrenching puzzle content to fry your brain!

I know I feel you, Lucas really did have a golden era of amazing. It's too bad they ended it all in favor of... Well I'm not sure what, but they ended it when they let all their good designers go.

You should take a look at Tim Schafer's work, he is still making games and they are still a ton of fun with interesting plots and good humor. Most recently, Costume Quest and Trenched (renamed Iron Brigade for some reason, I think legal) on the Xbox Arcade market place.
Reply Quote
Back from my ban! Still play d2 and also ff7 on occasion as well as mega man x
Reply Quote
Blue Screen of Death
Reply Quote

Indana Jones game series

I know I feel you, Lucas really did have a golden era of amazing. It's too bad they ended it all in favor of... Well I'm not sure what, but they ended it when they let all their good designers go.

You should take a look at Tim Schafer's work, he is still making games and they are still a ton of fun with interesting plots and good humor. Most recently, Costume Quest and Trenched (renamed Iron Brigade for some reason, I think legal) on the Xbox Arcade market place.

Did you see that game Double Fine Kickstarted? Finally, another true Tim Schaefer adventure game... I'm looking forward to it! (Personally, I didn't like Trenched as much as Psychonauts and the old adventure titles, but still good. Never played Costume Quest).
Reply Quote
First game I can remember playing was Dune 2 RTS I think I played it in 93 or something.
I was only 4 so I got up to like the 4th level and that was it. My dad got to the last level but couldn't beat it.

I also remember playing a power rangers game on the Sega Saturn at the same time I was playing Dune 2.
Reply Quote
Zork I.

Just kidding, but I do play a lot of my old Commodore 64 games, and I pull out FF7 quite a bit.
Edited by Kasperion#1995 on 5/29/2012 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Chrono Trigger
Mario Cart 64
Super Smash Bros. 64
Reply Quote
I started Dragon Warrior on my Android when my car was broken down and had to wait an hour... eventually finished it by playing it before bed every night for 15 minutes. Ended up taking a few weeks at that rate
Reply Quote
Homeworld 1 & 2.
Perfect Dark 64
Warzone 2100 (+1 cookie if you have played this game too)
Total Annihilation (ditto)
Deloria Online, whenever someone decides to bring a server of it online. (Omg, if you have played this game, please let me know... -GenZ-)
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Edited by Anubis#1918 on 5/29/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Heroes Of Might And Magic 3, what a great game. I still play it :)
Reply Quote
Ultima 7 would probably be the oldest game I play off and on. (1992)

I also have the complete ROM library of every NES and SNES game ever made, in every country/region.

Check out Secret of Mana 3 in your SNES library (it should be there and probably with the fan translation and update). It's an absolutely great JRPG and can be played with up to 3 or 4 people with the right fan port. Worked great on the lap top hooked up to the 50" with 4 usb xbox controllers :)
Reply Quote
Although I played many games before this I am going with

Ultima III

Seek and ye shall find!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I used to work for a well known gaming company back in the day...

I have over 250 titles on disk and cd that I can load up and play on my dos/win3.1/win95 box.

Some of my favs include The Dig, Full Throttle, Day of the tentacle, Monkey Island, Big Red, Taxi, Lesiure Suit Larry series, Kings Quest series, Zork series, Quest for glory, Outpost, Doom, Woflenstein, Inca, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (text), Sim City, Alone in the Dark (scared me the first time I played it)... too many to list actually.

I have old games from Lucas Arts, Sierra, Dynamix, Blizzard, Humongous, Silicon and Synapse, and many other old companies.

I am a complete nerd and I willingly admit it.
Reply Quote
Fallout 2 (own the awesome original boxes for FO1 and 2), Baldurs Gate 2: SoA (not ToB), Morrowind, Final Fantasy VII and IX.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]