Diablo® III

Continuous Lagging Issues with Diablo 3.

been playing all day - getting varied experiences, sometimes all good for 15min windows then massive spikes - also, boss fights seem to be more prone to this than any other areas (or maybe just more noticeable because you get wailed on more)

since the last emergency update, its been ok at 200-300ms, but dammm i wish it wouldnt spike
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This si painful

I am fighting the skeleton king atm, nobody near me, running down the stairs after dropping some damage on him then bang i am surrounded by 15 mobs with the boss giving me the ko hit 100-0 in a lag-spike.

Next attempt I am runnign away, then the server decides I wasn't where I should be so get dragged back to the boss. Run away again, ported back again. dead....

this is making fights stupidly harder then they should be......

No problems with wow, but diablo 3...the single player game. I struggle........
Reply Quote
Very disappointing that if any one that lives in Oceania cant play the game with out having a ping of no less then 400........why release a game then no be able to keep up with the demand, clearly underestimated the popularity of this game!

FIX YOUR SH*T BLIZZARD!
Reply Quote
I am in NZ with telstra clear, 10mb download and 2 mb uplaod speed, my game is sitting at about 150 +/- 20ms, telstra is not that expensive to get i am paying $115 a month for phone cable TV and a 60g internet. i am sure you can get cheaper deals with them with lesser package and lower download G if you only using it by yourself

mind you server is having issue during launch as every other online game launch. you may want to wait for a few days and see what is going on.
Edited by Kyratalor#1910 on 5/16/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm getting 260-330 latency tonight when I usually get a constant 200ms, ie. yesterday. There's some rubber banding and spells take a little while to actually cast. For some reason it seems to also be affecting frame rate, my frame rate keeps randomly dropping to 20-30 for a few seconds then it goes back up to 60-90 which is normal. It's really annoying. I hope they optimize this game fast. Btw, I'm in Brisbane with Optus 120gb pretty sure it's 12mb download speed.

I really don't understand why we can't get Oceania servers. Some people get to play with 0 lag and we get stuck with around 300ms. We paid around the same amount for the game...
Edited by Dangg#6598 on 5/16/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/16/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Womanman
Same here. Could this please be addressed by someone at Blizzard before it turns into an issue for the Australian Consumer Complaints Commission? Supplying a product and then denying or limiting use of that product is a breach of consumer rights, apparently. That being said, I don't want a refund, I just want to be able to play!

Now we are getting somewhere.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Womanman
Same here. Could this please be addressed by someone at Blizzard before it turns into an issue for the Australian Consumer Complaints Commission? Supplying a product and then denying or limiting use of that product is a breach of consumer rights, apparently. That being said, I don't want a refund, I just want to be able to play!

I want to play this game, but if this keeps up I am definitely going to be asking for a refund.

Never had to get a game refunded ever, always been very reasonable with my expectations but getting much higher pings than to any other game's server and also getting constantly disconnected is not flying well with me at all...what they're doing is really bad form and I'm not a happy customer.
Reply Quote
My desktop is only a year old, and I bought it primarily in anticipation for this game. Granted, I didn't get any fancy video card - just the factory insert. I was (and still am) extremely frustrated that this lag time is keeping me from enjoying what looks to be an excellent game. can anyone tell me if there's a specific video card needed to run this? Im in North America, so I didn't think I'd have to worry about the lag at all.
Edited by Digem#1542 on 5/16/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ive also be experiencing lagging issues where it seems i move at a slower rate, attack slower.. etc.. Ive check all requirements and i am running above the requirements. Are there updates that i may not have that someone could provide a link?
Reply Quote
I'm playing it in Germany, same problem. I checked my WLAN and pinged google, there are no lag spikes, it's the Blizzard servers
Reply Quote
I am in north amarica and getting tons of lag aswell its to the point where i cant play for more then 10-15 seconds at a time.
Reply Quote
I agree with most of you. I am not enjoying my experience. I have a decent computer, wireless adapter and internet connection, and experience a lot of lags. I am being drawn back, my hits seem to connect to the opponent 10 seconds after the click... I would not mind so much if I was playing multi-player... but I am a single-player player (please don't hate me).

Surely there is a reason to have the single-player game online. Is this to block people from playing using the same copy of the CD? Else, I do not see why. I am disappointed with the Blizzard team. I thought they made quality products with a concern for costumers and their experience.

Unless there is a fix to this, I think I will not be playing again, and will not buy Blizzard games anymore...
Reply Quote
This seems nothing to do with your computers. I have a very powerful rig and a unlimited source of 30mps download and 6 mps upload speeds.

I lagg all the time. I even try to lower all the FX and video options. That actually made it worse. Blizzards owes a lot of people some money for selling such a laggy and buggy game. You think 11 years in the making and they would figure all this out by now.

Yeah, and the online thing Blizzard. Yes brilliant idea, but no one really wants it.

At least people the option to return the game. I for one had no idea it was just going to be online play. I thought it would be like the last two games.
Reply Quote
problem is the area i live in simply cant get Telstra. which is spewing. and yeah i plan on waiting a few days any way.:)
Reply Quote
I have a REALLY poor internet connect, yet last night I played with no lag problems at all. Maybe some of the issues are more your end (your computer settings) rather than their problem? I did a internet speed test before and after playing and was pinging at more than 250 and download speed of less than 1 Mb with upload of 0.5.....
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
I really hope blizz is doing something about these bad servers for us kangas down under.
im no tech expert but i play world of warcraft with 190-220 ms and i love it no issues! but i come to D3 from the same company and im playing with 1200-1700. something dosent seem right!.
BLIZZARD PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING TO FIX THIS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
As I have waited for my lag to secede, I have died, waiting to post this to you. I too downloaded the game and have had nonstop annoying !@# lag problems. I am in the US and have een trying for 2 days now to get my gamee "corrected" my interne is fine, WoW and SC are perfect, Diablo is... well... you know. so you're not the only one, hopefully Blizz can fix this soon. I'm stuck on the lvl 4 of the cahedral for over 24 hrs now due to DC's and lagoramas. Have heart, it's obviously Blizzard's problem. Let's hope they fix it soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think we can all stop blaming our poor rigs, they are fine. It's all on blizz now.... we know this is their fault/problem.
Reply Quote
I've been having terrible lag on and off the past 3 hours or so I've been playing. Usually when a large group or enemies appears , but also when casting spells, selling items, using way points etc. I died a few times because of it and had to quit and restart the game because it basically froze up for about 5 minutes cause of the lag. Definitely NOT acceptable in a single player game!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]