Diablo® III

Continuous Lagging Issues with Diablo 3.

Same here, I live in Chicago, I have a good internet connection, i5, ATI HD 4670, and I changed all the settings to low, and I still get this horrible lag/slowdown. I have a few other games on my laptop that have never had this issue. It's horrible when you are fighting more elite mobs and get wiped because time has stopped for your character and you're still taking damage.

<PLEASE BLIZZARD HELP US ENJOY THE GAME BY FIXING THIS ISSUE>
Reply Quote
Not only did I get shafted on price by PRE PURCHASING digital for $79 from BLIZZARD themselves, only to see jbhifi had it for $59 with media. Now the single player campaign is unplayable with lag due to your servers... Which we pay for. I played Warcraft 1 and have stuck with blizzard ever since. This will cost you customers blizzard, how can I play all other multiplayer games with no lag via wireless 2 rooms away on an Xbox but I can't play a single player game hard wired to a 8mbps connection??
Reply Quote
diablo 3 is k but i have fast internet speed and it lags like crazy they already screwed up when not making it offline. the first thing was they should of made more progress an effectiveness offline so people can expierence the game better. Not everyone always wants to play with people the biggest mistake they did was make it online only.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
blah blah blah " i have great net but !@#$ %^-*s ups # 90, 000 " put up realistic details...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/18/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Sylar
diablo 3 is k but i have fast internet speed and it lags like crazy they already screwed up when not making it offline. the first thing was they should of made more progress an effectiveness offline so people can expierence the game better. Not everyone always wants to play with people the biggest mistake they did was make it online only.

So you have played no recent pc game, i mean it all started when steam was realeased. do you play steam games>? all there single players are online....
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Alien ware with fast internet and im lagging like crazy. Ran every anti virus, clean up program, and upgraded all drivers. No dice. Not sure what the problem is
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Hamzek
So you have played no recent pc game, i mean it all started when steam was realeased. do you play steam games>? all there single players are online....

lol.... ROFL!!!! Do you have any idea how Steam single-player games work vs D3? Steam games validate online, then unless you play multiplayer, you don't have to play via their servers. Single-player Steam games run locally, while with D3 the single-player game is still hosted by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
i have a fairly decent ping...about 300ish but it can take 5 seconds to 5 minutes for an action to complete...whats going on with this. i played fine last night...is it the servers or something?
Reply Quote
56 Human Death Knight
Get your !@#$ together Blizzard. After a failed "Launch"... Now so many ppl lagging to the extent the game is barely playable... Game crashes all the time... No input from Blizz in forum topics about issues.... I'm giving it another week. If it's not sorted by then, I'm getting a refund.
Reply Quote
I have not been able to play for 24 hours now. It is has just been continuous lag. I need something to get me through the summer until I can play Borderlands 2. So far this game isn't doing it.
Reply Quote
Lag aside, the amount of referencing to wired and wireless connections to a router. Wireless connections to your routers are faster then any internet connection you can get (residentially) if you have a good connection (Half to Full Bar) to the router. Its like saying that the grand canyon (wireless connection to router) is bottlenecking a car (your internet connection).

So just complain some more because its their servers.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Hunter
same here I understand the miulti part of the game but I just want finish the game single play first WHY should latency come into a single play of the game WTF
Reply Quote
I just started and i'm having lag issues of 150-600.

I raise my hands to use my ice beam or whatever, my guy raises his hands, then a second later it starts flowing, sometimes after my hands have dropped already. I hit a barrel and it blows up after I step away.

I'm playing by myself, not with anybody else. My PC and PS3 have a really fast internet hooked upto them... what the hell is causing this lag?

It sure as hell isn't my system or my internet.

Blizzard made a huge error by forcing everyone to be online at all times. I bet they boosted their traffic and server requirements by 30 or 40%... I mean unless you feel like an online game, you wouldn't be using battlenet otherwise. If that's their decision, fine, but I just bought two copies (one for me one for a family member) so we could play at the same time online or off... Blizzard needs to solve this issue, whatever it takes, they need to make it work.

And I'm hardly in Australia, I'm in Canada, I shouldn't have any lag.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Playing in Melbourne Aus. D3 in basically unplayable massive lag spikes. WoW runs fine etc.Im really pissed off with this atm.
Reply Quote
Melbourne here too. Latency anywhere between 400 to 1500.
Just after (sort of) fixing the 'GFX driver stopped responding' issue that loads of people are having the game is unplayable again due to lag.
Just want to play some D3.
Reply Quote
Same here. Tried port forwarding and the recommended steps but I still get anywhere from 500-1500ms. I also get disconnected pretty much, followed by awesome lag when I log back in.

Any ideas? I tried powercycling the modem and the router to no effect.

I live in the Philippines. Granted, it's a little far from the Americas, but we generally have the same latency as Australian folks (this being on WOW).
Reply Quote
MS of 400 - to 4000 is just ridicules, the game cost 89$ and now most people cant even play
it without hecktic lag spikes , Whats going on blizzard i thought you guys ran the show. very disappointed !!!!!!
Reply Quote
I know a bit about networking issues (it is my job).

The typical latency to a USA server is around 150ms from NZ. It doesn't matter what plan you are on as that is mostly relating to the bandwidth of your connection. If you have ADSL then you should have a similar latency (ping / lag) to the Blizzard servers so long as your connection has enough bandwidth to cover the game requirements along with any other traffic on your LAN.

Latency is increased due to your connection being routed through a network device (such as a router), distance and most notably due to bottlenecks. In this case, if your connection is reliable on other service such as youtube etc then the bottle neck exists at Blizzards servers being overloaded. This will be especially noticeable during peak periods eg, after work in the USA.

The solution is to wait for Blizzard to dig into their pockets and provide a better service at their end.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Yama
I don't think offering solutions like 'offline' mode, or 'chuck a server in' is particularly helpful to Blizz either.
Realistically, those are the two options available. Either let single player persons not have to connect and deal with the lag to begin with, or add enough servers to make the game playable.

I see tons of people getting unplayable lag just sitting at home by themselves with fantastic internet connections. The problem is entirely on Blizzard's end, and they knew it was going to happen ahead of time.

I am sure they haven't responded yet because they are still figuring out exactly how much of what needs to be done, but its just annoying when I'm trying to play the game. It was running alright for a while yesterday during the day (since I suppose most people were at school/work), then I try to boot it up Saturday and I'm dead before I can even see what monsters are hitting me.

It is very expensive and time consuming to add servers, it is also very expensive to make the game single player. The decision is which is going to suck less for them to implement
Edited by aegisjester#1309 on 5/19/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]