Diablo® III

Unexpected Decryption error?

85 Undead Warlock
I am unable to install a game. A vague message pops up after I accept the terms and agreements that says "An unexpected decryption error has occurred". There is no code or error number associated to the message.
Reply Quote
Same here, trying to install from the disc edition not digital download. Progress bar doesnt even reach 1%,

AN UNEXPECTED DECRYPTION ERROR OCCURRED
please contact customer support
Reply Quote
Same problem! An unexpected decryption error occured. Please contact Customer Support
Reply Quote
I had that too, Going to try downloading it rather than from a file.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://epipak.org/common-diablo-3-installation-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

This page helped me quite a bit with the few issues I had.

Quote from that site about this issue:

Error 108 Similar to “An unexpected decryption error occurred”, the error 108 can be caused by corrupted, damaged or incomplete installation files. This can often times be caused by closing the downloader early. Though the downloader may show 100%, please allow some time for it to fully complete.

You may be able to fix this by running the downloader and pointing it to the same saved location so that it may scan and download any missing files.

If the problem persists, let us know.
Reply Quote
Seems as if something went wrong with my download so i've had to start again from scratch :/
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
you have to start all over again try this,
go to your folder where battle.net and delete it, if you cant find it then
Ctrl + alt + delt = then start task manager right click on agent.exe and then open file location
end process and also delete file battle.net it's usually a hidden file with in C:
right click on the Diablo-III-Setup-enUS from your download file properties then compatibility then select run this program windows xp ( service pack 3)
if dont work try the same method but run as admin with the windows x[ service 3
if the first try didnt work make sure you delete battle.net ( the entire folder ) leave nothing behind start new
hope this help
god bless the warrior class.
Reply Quote
Try the post I just made on how I solved this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149537381

Let me know if it works.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
i think my way is easier
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]