Diablo® III

Starter Edition won't upgrade to Standard

Downloaded the client on the night of the 14th and used a guest pass to register.
Apparently there is only 1 client to install the game (no distinction between starter/standard)

On the 15th, logged in to battle.net and entered the standard account. I can clearly see the the copy of Diablo 3 as "Standard Edition".

Launched the game, logged in and can still see the "Upgrade banner" on the top right. Went all the way to the black king, and as soon as I did the last blow, I got a big dialog prompting me to upgrade.

Did download the client again, installed second time, no dice.
Completely removed the game, installed from the hard copy DVD that I bought, still getting the same "upgrade now" banner.

Haven't been able to find a similar post, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something. Did send an email via the "Customer Services" option within the game and awaiting for a reply.
Reply Quote
i am getting the same problem but i brought it digitally and i got a starter edition and then upgraded to standard when to play the game and it told me to upgrade again. BLIZZARD YOU NEED TO FIX THIS
Reply Quote
im getting the same problem, cant seem to find an answer.
Reply Quote
Same to me. I have brought the Game DVD pack and my case is same with Cue. . Need a solution on this issue~~
Reply Quote
yeah im having the ssame issue...what the poop please help asap...i spent 60 bucks
Reply Quote
Same trouble here. I got the 'Thanks for purchasing.' email, and my status has gone from Queued to Completed. I think there is a game code that's not being sent that we need.
Reply Quote
yap, have the same problem. I would have been better off buying the DVD copy..
Reply Quote
Same problem for me, my account says I have the standard addition but in game I have the upgrade banner. I've completed as much as the starter addition will let me and now I cant play the rest of the game.

Very disappointing, please fix
Reply Quote
Still not upgraded, still stuck on starter, still can't play the game I have paid for. I have raised a support ticket with Blizzard days ago that is unanswered. Pretty disgraceful really...
Reply Quote
I just upgraded mine a tonight. Order history shows that I purchased the digital standard edition, but under summary it still shows starter edition, and of course the game still doesn't go past the Skeleton King. Anybody figure this out yet?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Has anyone tried calling Billing on this ?

EDIT : This may be effecting things :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5812281178#19
Edited by bluspacecow#1174 on 6/17/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same problem Over here , I brough the game yesterday , And Today I went all the way to the skeleton king , Killed it , and it tells me to upgrade to standar edition , when in the page says I have the standar edition
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Check this crap out: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889089807
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you recently purchased D3 within the last 72 hours, then this does happen. After the payment has been fully processed, then restriction swill be lifted and you can play as normal.
Reply Quote
How long does it take for a payment to be fully processed from the time that you purchase the game online from Blizzard?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
06/20/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Machkhan
If you recently purchased D3 within the last 72 hours, then this does happen. After the payment has been fully processed, then restriction swill be lifted and you can play as normal.

You guys need to find a better way of handling this. Having a limitation on for this long means that the average player will reach their level cap (13) within an hour, maybe two tops, and have nothing to do for the rest of the wait time. That's simply unacceptable.

I'm not even going to sugar coat this - Blizzard needs to stop punishing legitimate players and start working on real security on their end. It's about time Blizzard started shaping up, because a lot of customers are running into ridiculous crap like this, then seeing your game's current state of affairs and shipping out.

The very first thing I'd have done if I saw this was being done to me, was to contact my CC company and have them issue a stop payment for not receiving the product I paid for, and then I'd never come back to the company that did this disservice to me again. Ever.

Find another way to deal with your botters and stop screwing us over.
Reply Quote
I downloaded a digital copy, paid the money, having the same "need to upgrade" issue. It's disappointing to have to wait a few days to really play this game. I mean, if it is for security reasons, or verification of some sort I would possibly be more understanding. However, I was never informed about this wait period before purchasing this game, and I did read the many pages of terms I'm required to accept. There seems to be little being said about it on blizzards end. The "support forum agent said :

06/21/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
If you recently purchased D3 within the last 72 hours, then this does happen.

It would have been an easier pill to take if he had started the post with "Sorry for the inconvenience..." Isn't anybody at blizzard acknowledging the "please upgrade your fully upgraded version of this game, so you can get past level 13/skeleton king" problem? If Diablo 3 does well enough for blizzard to put out an expansion, I would completely forgive this inconvenience if I were to receive a FREE registration key for it. Just an idea of a possible solution/ solutions. Anyhow, I'm on hour 24 since my purchase, so cheers to the next possibly 48 more hours of the shortest and easiest game I've ever paid $60 for.
Reply Quote
Same here, I'm stuck on Skeleton king.... Just bought the digital copy so it's still too long for me to wait ha
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/21/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Tiapriestess

You guys need to find a better way of handling this. Having a limitation on for this long means that the average player will reach their level cap (13) within an hour, maybe two tops, and have nothing to do for the rest of the wait time. That's simply unacceptable.

I'm not even going to sugar coat this - Blizzard needs to stop punishing legitimate players and start working on real security on their end. It's about time Blizzard started shaping up, because a lot of customers are running into ridiculous crap like this, then seeing your game's current state of affairs and shipping out.

The very first thing I'd have done if I saw this was being done to me, was to contact my CC company and have them issue a stop payment for not receiving the product I paid for, and then I'd never come back to the company that did this disservice to me again. Ever.

Find another way to deal with your botters and stop screwing us over.

This happens in World of Warcraft. If you do a digital purchase, you still have trial restrictions for the first 72 hours. The bank hasn't fully verified the funds yet, as this shows up as authorization pending. The payment can be declined anytime during this process. 72 hours is typically the longest the bank will take to verify the funds. Sometimes the funds are verified faster, which means you won't have to wait 72 hours.
Reply Quote
is there any way to check if im standard in game yet? i have the same problem and i end up killing the skeleton king every couple hours to check which is a good chunk of my day at this point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]