Diablo® III

Starter Edition won't upgrade to Standard

same here my friend buy the game digitaly and got the starter... receive the email to confirm everything was ok ... congrats u buy the game... but no cd key on the mail .. nothing .... and still stuck on the starter game
Reply Quote
I bought this game last year straight from blizzards store online, and is reinstalling it on my new laptop, and blizzard is showing my diablo3 account as a starter edition as if i never bought it! all my characters! all my loot! IS GONE! what the hell is going on?!!!

please help
Reply Quote
bought store copy of diablo 3 yesterday still can not get any farther then the skelatin king also
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you tried to reset your password to see if this issue isn't related to stuck cache? Many times this has helped.
Reply Quote
ditto guys purchased hard media copy from a local store, completed skeleton king, asked to upgrade redeemed the code from the DVD case and still no standard edition.....garbage blizzard
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
08/19/2013 04:46 PMPosted by robsparkiso
ditto guys purchased hard media copy from a local store, completed skeleton king, asked to upgrade redeemed the code from the DVD case and still no standard edition.....garbage blizzard

It doesn't matter how you upgrade from the starter edition - it can take up to three days for the starter restrictions to be lifted from the account even if it says "Standard Diablo III Account". Have patience, it will unlock.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
thats ridicolous. İ bought my game dvd so i shouldn't have to wait for a bank confirmation for 3 days. thats just only waste of time . can u immediately fix it. ı paid 60 bucks for this game
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
08/24/2013 08:22 AMPosted by onurey
thats ridicolous. İ bought my game dvd so i shouldn't have to wait for a bank confirmation for 3 days. thats just only waste of time . can u immediately fix it. ı paid 60 bucks for this game

The boxed copies are normally supposed to remove the restrictions immediately. It's the digital purchases that have the delays. Are you sure your Diablo 3 account page says "Diablo III Standard Edition"? "Standard" and "Starter" look very similar if you aren't paying attention.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
It has already been 72 hours and I bought the CD version not then digital one and still it says upgrade what should I do?
Reply Quote
It was the boxed copy and in battle.net it says standard but when I log in its still has the upgrade banner!
Reply Quote
Hello,

I didn't purchase the digital copy, I bought the Game DVD. I installed it 2 days ago and I'm still stuck in ACT 1 with the Skeleton King... I changed my Battlenet password and entered the authentification key in my account.

My account now shows that I indeed have the standard edition instead of the starter one but the game still won't go through...

Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall?? I'm afraid to love everything but I guess that now since the games are connected with internet I shouldn't... right?

Please help this is very frustrating...

Thanks a lot
Reply Quote
lost****
Reply Quote
same thing happened to me after i defeated the skeleton king so i wen't into battle.net and it said starter so i added my game key on the disc case and then it still didn't work so i logged out of the game and signed back in afterwards and had to quickly kill the skeleton king again and it let me continue the quest and finish the quest and now no longer tells me to upgrade and my profile on battle.net says standard edition now. so no more worries here.
Reply Quote
I started playing the starter version but then realized i had to Upgrade to standard version. I played the starter version not knowing i needed to upgrade to play standard even though thats the pack i got for christmas. i upgraded it but it still wont let me play the rest of the game past the starter act 1. what should i do?
Reply Quote
hmmm maybe it has something to do with the new cd keys? i bought my d3 cd from a friend who's got an extra dvd which was just collecting dust in his desk for almost a year. right after i entered the cd key, i played again and moved on from defeating the skeleton king. that's like 30 minutes from when i upgraded my account. i bought the cd key 2nd sunday of december so that's quite new. at first i thought that there'd be problems since the cd is asia-pac while my starter was on americas. good thing i did not have any issues.

nevertheless, blizzard should already fix this. i am reflecting on pre-purchasing ros because i hate going to the mall to line up. however, if this is a recurring problem, i may have gaming issues later on and i don't have patience for technical stuff.
Edited by alunsina#1419 on 12/31/2013 1:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
its working now i dont know why it started but im not going to fight it. Thank you for your help
Reply Quote
i did buy the dvd for diablo3 still cant go on after the SK King so ok well i thought if you buy the game you can play the story and so but nooo i still cant go on pls some one help ty :)
Reply Quote
I know this constitutes as semi necro posting, but i have the same problem. Bought the game digitally, in account it says it's standard edition, have mail that everything is fine and the purchase has been processed but everything stays the same as mentioned in previous posts. Have tried changing my password and defeating SK again, it didn't help. This is really disheartening, please let me know if there's anything more that i can do to make it work.
Reply Quote
I bought the Standard Edition and it doesn't install the standard. It Installs the Starter edition,
I Already used the standard edition key which cames on the box of D3, and i'm out of ideas.

What do I do to play the game which i bought? '-'
Reply Quote
Same issue here... bought online version and stuck on starter pack. tried changing passwords, re-installing and no joy despite automated responses from blizzard that the account has been upgraded and is good to go. Disappointing. Please sort it out.

ta

r
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]