Diablo® III

The clipper

Okay so I got this dagger called "The clipper" its only magical however it has unique style writing at the bottom saying "careful not to drop it... you might lose a toe" I've found it in the AH as well and it always has pretty constant stats (Always +20-35ish intelligence). Kind of weird no? It mimics legendary rules with text and guaranteed stats.

Edit: I've recently found a threat that says its a borderlands reference
Reply Quote
I've found one too...not sure of it's purpose.
Reply Quote
Same. I'd like to find out though lol
Reply Quote
I found one as well. I assumed that it was a Legendary that was incorrectly listed as a magic item.
Reply Quote
The Clipper is a reference to the same weapon found in the game Borderlands. It even has the same discription. Look at the weapon kinda like a easter egg.. Not sure if it should be Legendary tho, since Blizzard kinda 'stole' the concept from another game...
Reply Quote
The Clipper in Borderlands drops from Nine-Toes a bandit miniboss at the first of that game. It is a (Usually worthless) pistol with a blade attached to the front that adds to melee dmg in that game. So, bladed pistol from Nine-Toes is where ya get the little description/caption on it.

--Dixon--
Reply Quote
Yup, I just saw The Clipper drop from "Nine-Toads" in The Desolate Snads in Act 2. Definitely seems like it's a reference to the same item and boss in Borderlands.
Reply Quote
It's trade in price is way higher than other items, even rare. Has anybody sold one at the auction house? is it more expensive? I couldn't find anyone selling them.
Reply Quote
wondering if it will be a craft item for some hidden lvl item.. other regular magic items with flavor text on it include those 5 weapons for the black rock ledger thing.. got the oar the other day sad i sold it, but wondering if there's a recipie out there for the 5 pages and 5 weapons for something cool.
Reply Quote
6 pages...
Reply Quote
i got mine with 35 dexterity?
Reply Quote
is it worth anything?
Reply Quote
ill buy it from someone add me
Reply Quote
I love the reference back to Borderlands, especially because Borderlands added in a shield named " Cracked Sash"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]