Diablo® III

Check My Survival HC Build Please

Hey guys! Wow.. this game is AMAZING. Having a blast. A friend and I are playing through the game hardcore, this is our first play through and it's been really crazy and had a few close calls.

Right now currently, I am 27, and only have about 107 damage, mostly because I am stacking alot of armor and VIT to stay alive so I can take hits. This is mostly due to the fact we don't know what to expect, and always assume there is a 1 shot monster boss around the next corner so we never spec or gear for dps over staying alive.

Still trying to find a good balance between this.

I forgot to mention my friend is playing a shield barb, currently I am running this spec:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UlXRPd!ab!a.aa.a
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use Electrocute, with the glyph to add extra targets because as its free to cast and good for aoe groups.

I use Wave of Force, with the rune that stuns, to help me get out of a bad situation, or prevent incoming damage.

I use Diamond Skin, runed to make it take 2x the damage for those OMG moments and negate damage for bosses, and serious threatening mobs.

I use Hydra cause it doesn't take much AP, stays up a while, and the extra damage as arcane helps alot.

I use Mirror Image for the short cooldown, and having enemies confused, attacking them instead of me.

I just got Blizzard this level, not sure if going to keep. Need to try it out.

Passive Abilities:
Currently using Blur: Reduce melee damage by 20%
2nd Passive = Evocation: Reduces all cooldowns by 15%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any suggestions of anything? I am open to everything and really want to prevent myself from dying. Basically I just need the most survivability, and still be able to AOE mobs down.
Reply Quote
I would take teleport over mirror image, dieing seems to be very quick just like in D2 Hardcore, I would rather get the hell out than summon 2 decoys and run, especially if you got jailed or walled in or trapped by big brutes or those exploding guys that do massive damage got you

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UlXRQd!ad!a.aaaa

just my preference
Reply Quote
I would take teleport over mirror image, dieing seems to be very quick just like in D2 Hardcore, I would rather get the hell out than summon 2 decoys and run, especially if you got jailed or walled in or trapped by big brutes or those exploding guys that do massive damage got you

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UlXRQd!ad!a.aaaa

just my preference

I will try that out, it looks like I may have overlooked teleport. You can teleport out of jailed? Hrm. +1 I will take this over mirror image for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]