Diablo® III

Witchdoctor overpowerd dps(READ)

100 Human Paladin
hey guys i have a 34WD and my god its unreal how fast i plow through !@#$ even monks and wiz had said wow to me, heres what i do.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hSYdiT!bXe!ZZaaaZ

i have little over 400 dmg and my only problem while i was getting through act1 nightmare was champions that leech, other than that no amount of mobs was remotely difficult died in seconds and mana regens super fast i suggest teaming with a monk or something that can so alot of single target sustained dps to make boss fights faster. i have not seen another class demolish mobs faster than me yet, but then again i have played with prolly less than 50 people.

feedback on your experience is welcome.
Edited by CMART#1759 on 5/16/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you enjoy the first 20 or so levels where you needed someone to kill anything? Most likely the damage will balance out as you get to the higher content.
Reply Quote
I just use Pierce the Viel with basic nukes. The +20% dmg boost brings basic spells in line with heavy mana cost nukes in terms of damage but are still cheap enough to basically have unlimited mana. Splinter Darts for single target, Fire Bomb Roll the Bones for AoE.

Other 4 skills are utlity / defense skills. Soul Harvest is also amazing which like doubles your total int for a huge damage boost.
Reply Quote
i got no idea what your talking about i didnt even use mercenary
till i face act 2 boss because i didnt even need it with the mad dps the wd is doing
Reply Quote
OP, I totally agree with you.

I'm using almost the exact same build with my lvl 28 WD. I've been destroying everything I come across. Huge packs of monsters will be gone in seconds.

Firebomb is just so good when you can just sit back behind your summons. Locust Swarm spreads over all the enemies with just a single cast, so you aren't spending much mana. But mainly, I think Soul Harvest is overpowered. If I get 4-5 stacks on it, the fight is over. Even champions/rares get demolished. Maybe in later difficulties it's harder to get close to monsters to get full stacks, but I honestly think it will be nerfed in the first balance patch.
Edited by FunkeTown#1288 on 5/16/2012 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You have a rotation or are you just spamming whatever whenever?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I actually killed faster than everyone but my monk on my wd pre 20 and now at 24 i'm mowing stuff down like its my hobby. i use mostly splinters and the bats that flies 40 yards and hits everything in its path and i've gotten kill streaks over 40 and kills with just that spell over 25 with one cast. i also use the plague of toads for the giant toad and the spider queen zombie dogs and garg. garg is soooo much better than dogs even with 4 of them but they are a ticking damage that holds the mobs down while the garg toad and spider kills them
Reply Quote
What is your rotation? I'm trying to find a good build here, because toads seem unreliable but I don't see anything that rivals it's damage. What exactly is your strat when using this? I was running explosive toads, grasp, spirit walk, soul harvest, and garg. Great damage but I have to be too close which makes me vulnerable, messing with this I really don't see the point of the zombie dogs (they die too fast) or so many different mana abilities. There also appears to be almost no single target damage for bosses, only splash damage.

Let me know, thanks!
Reply Quote
I thought the same at around the 30s, I'm in the 40s now and it definitely doesn't feel OP at all trying all builds. I was forced to drop my DPS for more vitality because everything was overwhelming.
Reply Quote
Basically I just don't see the point in Acid Cloud or Dogs here. The dogs are just chew toys, and at what point would I cast acid cloud? I'm barely seeing a situation to cast locust swarm, other than right after soul harvest because that's the only point I'm close enough.
Reply Quote
When would you cast acid cloud? what? its a range aoe attack, you cast it when you see a group of mobs. end of story, same with locust swarm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
acid cloud is my main attack i just spam it
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Selzor
Did you enjoy the first 20 or so levels where you needed someone to kill anything? Most likely the damage will balance out as you get to the higher content.

Mine doesn't. Solo powerhouse from level 1. I don't even know how it made it out of beta in its current state. I can't believe how much stronger this class is than my wizard or monk.
Edited by Caelrie#1873 on 5/16/2012 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
AoE - Acid Cloud
Single target - Poison darts
Boss targets - Haunt
Reply Quote
firebomb is terrible, plague (rain) of frogs is infinitely better. Also, acid cloud eats way too much mana. You will be much better off with a utility skill such as hex or spirit walk. I would also switch out that fetish passive for jungle fortitude.

This is what I use: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WSYdRT!cXZ!bZaYaZ
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/I0QPv.png

What I'm using on nightmare and unless it's gold enemies with the anti range fireball ability it's pretty simple to stay at range.
Edited by Fearpoint#1182 on 5/16/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]