Diablo® III

Music keeps restarting...

Hey guys, I'm having this really annoying problem where the in-game music keeps restarting randomly. The game stutters every time this happens but the weird part is some times I will be playing for a while with no problems and at other times it seems as if every 5-10 seconds the music of the current area (either in-game or in the menus) restarts and is also accompanied by hiccups/game stuttering. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
shameless self-bump
Reply Quote
bump help please
Reply Quote
Also cinematics are cut-short... any ideas?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I am having the same issue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I'm having the same problem as of yesterday. I hadn't played the games since the last patch until yesterday and that's when I started having problems.

Using a Mac. I also updated to Mountain Lion, but doubt that has anything to do with it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Seeing as how this hasn't been addressed thus far I'm guessing it won't be. If either of you found a solution then please let me know, it's really irritating.

Quest dialogue is even getting cut off when the followers talk, and not from clicking out of it. It's like all sounds get reset. Possible sound card issue? Might as well just turn everything down and listen to diablo II music.
Edited by KeeperOfKale#1551 on 7/29/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Having the same problem. I'm also on a mac running 10.8.2
Reply Quote
Me too. 10.8.2. Music restarts about once every 1 second. In the menus as well. Launching into the game works, but it stutters every time the music restarts (about once a second or faster). Unplayable this way, what's going on? It was working when I last played (August?) but then I played again today for the first time, DL'd ~145 MB update, and now it's broken.
Edited by Gabedamien#1896 on 11/11/2012 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 07:30 PMPosted by haigo
Hey guys, I'm having this really annoying problem where the in-game music keeps restarting randomly. The game stutters every time this happens but the weird part is some times I will be playing for a while with no problems and at other times it seems as if every 5-10 seconds the music of the current area (either in-game or in the menus) restarts and is also accompanied by hiccups/game stuttering. Any ideas?

Exactly the same thing over here...

Sound restarts accompanied by a super stutter... Really negatively impacts the experience.

Problem started with 1.08.

I also can play for 15-20 minutes alone and not have it happen, but as soon as I play with a group of 3 it happens almost instantly.

I have a feeling it has to do with a specific sound playing, or when too many sounds trigger at once, overflowing the buffer.

Not really sure, but it is a new bug -- not a hardware issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]