Diablo® III

Is Diablo 3 an MMO or a video game?

I have never played Diablo but I was told it was an MMO but I'm level 17 now and I 've still never seen another person. I have finished the Skeleton King and now I'm working on Part II but how do I see other peeps?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It is not an MMO.
Reply Quote
Are you joining public games or opening games you start to be public?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Least when I get disconnected from WoW I don't lose a half hours worth of work.
Edited by Xenite#1762 on 5/16/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
An MMO is not something other than a Video Game.

The Diablo games are Action RPGs in which the multiplayer element has taken over.

Diablo 3 is an Online Action RPG.
Edited by Setzer#1775 on 5/16/2012 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MMOs aren't video games?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
05/16/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Diabolic
I have never played Diablo but I was told it was an MMO but I'm level 17 now and I 've still never seen another person. I have finished the Skeleton King and now I'm working on Part II but how do I see other peeps?

It isn't an MMO. It's a single player action RPG with coop mode.

In order for you to play with other people, you'll need to either create a game yourself or join one that is already created. You and up to three others can play in the same coop game.
Reply Quote
First of all, MMOs are video games, too.

That aside, it's not an MMO by any means, it just has multiplayer in which people can jump into your game while you're playing.
Reply Quote

Your friend has trolled you
Reply Quote
Diablo is a ACTION RPG

NEWBIES -_-
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Daciana
In order for you to play with other people, you'll need to either create a game yourself or join one that is already created. You and up to three others can play in the same coop game.

^^^^
that. or go to options if you're in the single player and click open to public
Reply Quote
50 Draenei Shaman
05/16/2012 08:12 PMPosted by RJMcReady
MMOs aren't video games?

Not to some people. Have you seen how snobby some people are in WoW? They've got their great guilds and the best stuff, then they kick other people out of a raid and/or don't let them raid at all because "well you're just not good enough or you don't have gear that I feel you should have as I look down my nose at you and get to judge whether you will ever see the best gear in the game you little worm. At least I have mine".

Thank god we can get the best stuff in Diablo all through soloing.
Reply Quote
50 Draenei Shaman
Oh, to answer the original post; no, it's not an MMO game. 4 players is the max.
Reply Quote
An MMO is a game :x but diablo is not an mmo...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

this is a Online RPG / dungeon style game

the old Diablo 2 12 years ago was offline but this is online only

and its Fantastic
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Brains? What are those.

What does MMO stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online.

Takes out the massively.

I accept paypal.
Reply Quote
MMOs arent games.. they're minorly interactive movies with bad CGI..

thank god diablo has never been one of them.. although D3 might as well be with all the WoW-like corruption they threw in
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
so there is a story mode and an mmo mode?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]