Diablo® III

Your jerk friends who skip through dialogue

85 Orc Hunter
I imagine that if you are here visiting the story forum, it's because you actually care about story. So you probably know what I mean when I say how annoying it is that your friends can skip through all the dialogue because they don't care about story, they just want to smash people's faces in.

Believe me, I love being able to play this game with my friends, and gameplay-wise, of course I would rather choose playing with friends than by myself. But at the same time, we waited, what, a decade? for this game to come out? Aren't you at all curious about the continuation of the storyline? I was playing with my friends last night and we ended up in all these random rooms and my friends would say "wow where are we? what's going on? lololol" and I really wanted to say "MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T SKIP THROUGH THE DIALOGUE AND WATCHED THE STORY THEN YOU'D KNOW!" we got to the big cutscene at the end of Act I, and it was a very dramatic and cool moment, though I wasn't really up on everything that was happening because, like I said, my jerk friends don't care about the story!

Anyway, just had to vent, lol. Anyone else have the same problem?
Reply Quote
I don't know why they rush to zoom through the game, skip dialogue and spend their time farming pixelated gear. But its their $60 bucks. Me, I prefer playing it and have FUN and go with the flow on my time ^_^.

Enjoy the game :)
Reply Quote
Agreed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I had this happen to me last night from act 2 to the start of act 4. It pissed me off so much and really i had no clue what was going on. Most diablo wikis haven't updated their plot sections of d3 as well :(
Reply Quote
If they perceive the story as bad, then no doubt they would skip through dialogues and cutscenes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
05/17/2012 12:25 PMPosted by FootDive
If they perceive the story as bad, then no doubt they would skip through dialogues and cutscenes.

Those of us who don't perceive the story as bad would rather not be at the mercy of those who do.
Reply Quote
To percieve the story as bad, you have to see it first. If you skip throught it, you won't know. Then again, if you play with friends that don't let you skip throught cutscenes and don't care about your opinion on story, get some new friends :D

I for one played the whole game alone, then joined with friends in nightmare mode.
Reply Quote
Blame WoW for this one, when people play wow they always never read the quest text and just do what they need to do by looking at the objectives.

I agree with many people that it makes the story suck when friends skip and it even got to the point where I disabled auto join when playing and re-did the old quests in an effort to learn the story.
Edited by Brigantius#2177 on 5/17/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I made a similar post this morning in general but it got quickly buried in... whatever goes on in general.

What I don't get is why the game was even designed in the first place to allow other people to skip *your* dialogues. I've never seen anything like that. Even in WoW your party members certainly can't force you to click accept before you're done reading the quest text. At the very least they should allow us to ask the characters to repeat their dialogues, like in Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
This is even worse in Hardcore. I am assuming everyone playing HC has finished the game already on SC first, since not a single person on public games ever listened to the dialogues so far (I was told to go play SC if I want to hear the story).

Since I switched to hardcore as soon as it became available, this is a nightmare for me. Now I am going solo.

Sad...
Reply Quote
my friends and i all solo'd normal individually, and just skip story on nightmare and above, we only wanna hear it once.
edit: clarity
Edited by DarkTemplarX#1775 on 5/17/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is why I ran normal solo.
Reply Quote
should be a vote system. So damn annoying
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]