Diablo® III

[Nightmare, Sh-nightmare]: My Perfect WD

EDIT: Since making it to Inferno...this build suffers greatly if not geared properly.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aidURT!Yce!bZbaaZ

Every fight, and I mean, every fight goes over in less than 5 sec with the full combo.

1) Run at the charging enemies with SW.
2) Pop SH and Hex as you run through enemies, toward a safer area.
3) Spam acid cloud 2-3 times.
4) Dart your way back to spammable acid again.

Benefits:
- High survivability (w/ good armor, posion debuff & high INT = resistances; never die)
- Good against packs, even better against single targets.
- Healing! (Hedge magic also heals the Gargantuan = great for boss fights)
- No real high CD's except for Gargantuan
- Fetishes do 20% dmg each, and I generally have 3-4 of them

Alternates:
A) Replace Soul Harvest with Grasping Dead (+slow%) for longer CC, but less overall dmg
B) Replace Restless giant with humongoid/stinker for more consistent AOE dmg
C) Change Soul Harvest rune effect to Soul to Waste for boss fights
D) Replace fetish passive with Pierce the Veil or Spirit Vessel situationally

Bonus:
- If you have cold dmg on your weapon, acid cloud gains crazy utility
- Weapons that proc on-hit effects. +% to fear/immobilize/stun is EXTREMLEY powerful.

As the mobs start dropping, pop spirit walk to run back through and collect some health that will also increase your INT due to gruesome feast. Repeat combo with bonus dmg. Profit.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 5/22/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Self-servicing bump!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not a bad build or rotation at all, works pretty nicely...thanks for sharing
Reply Quote
I like this build. similar initiation as my strategy.

My only question is why hex? Do you need the extra heals/CC if you are SWing to a safer location?

Also, other than boss fights, why pick restless of big stinker?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acdSUT!cWV!aaZZaY

This is my Solo build. The idea is to Spirit Walk/Soul Harvest to make sure you get 5 stacks, then pop off locusts. After that get some separation and bomb everything down with Bats. Add in the AOE damage pet tank and it is GG.

As far as passives, 5 SH stack locust with pierce the veil does massive damage and reduces enemy damage by 20% due to bad medicine. Spirit Vessel just because.

For a boss fight i would swap in health drain Haunt for locusts to keep my hp up and have some constant damage going while i dodge void zones Ect. Would also swap big stinker out for Restless

Let me know what you think. I have not seen Dire bats in too many build but it is super high DPS especially in long hallways/chokes
Reply Quote
why bad medicine when there is jungle fortitude?
Reply Quote
My only question is why hex? Do you need the extra heals/CC if you are SWing to a safer location?

Also, other than boss fights, why pick restless of big stinker?

(your build link)

1) IMHO, Hex is the best skill in the game. I've seen this baby pull off two hexes and 4 heals in a single usage. That HUGE. Consider it an infinite potion button that also completley eliminates enemies from combat. Amazing trade-off.

2) Restless is, as far as I have seen, the only way to get Gary to deal serious dmg. He can almost solo an elite mob in NM. Also, I am not lvl 48 either :)

3) Decent build, but you're forgetting that this is Diablo, not WoW. You're only going to be spamming 1-2 spells for the most part and the rest are situational. Having Darts, Bats and Loctus seems like overkill to the point where you could easily get rid of one and not notice any differance in overall DPS. Personally, I think dire bats are too unreliable, as I've seen them hit narrow walls too often, much like frogs (another spell I love but can't get to work outside of a support capacity).

My only question to you is, do you ever find yourself low on mana?
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 11:11 AMPosted by phreax
why bad medicine when there is jungle fortitude?

Because my party members don't benefit from JF. They do from BM, though.

Also, between darts & acid, everything is pretty much covered in poison the entire fight.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 5/17/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good Points, and exactly on Bad Med. over Jungle fort

I honestly have not tried Hex that much and may end up swapping out swarm or bats for it when i start getting killed more. I will definitely swap it in for boss fights for the heal.

I don't use locust like you may think. I generally toss it down 1-2 times and it just sticks around bc of the bounces. On top of poisoning everything (it spreads so fast), it sends me mana so I can continue to spam firebats.

So essentially my strategy is...do I have mana = yes, then firebat

if no, poison dart while i regen mana

I may try swapping out poison cloud in some form for my firebat spell, but that is my general logic
Reply Quote
I don't use locust like you may think. I generally toss it down 1-2 times and it just sticks around bc of the bounces. On top of poisoning everything (it spreads so fast), it sends me mana so I can continue to spam firebats.

So essentially my strategy is...do I have mana = yes, then firebat

See after thinking about this, I feel like you might be better off with haunt+loctus (both with +mana), then spamming your bats (forever?).

That way, you're also getting [arcane + poison + fire] dmg at the same time. I'll bet this helps a lot with bosses. Must test for diablo-science!
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 5/17/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hePdUT!Wbf!ZaaZZZ

Is the build I've been going with. It's proving to be hilariously overpowered. Garg smashes everything in the universe while I play super !@#$%^- trickster.

I run in, SH, then spirit walk out. Afterwards I haunt everything then begin lobbing fire bombs. Everything dies in seconds. In addition, when things hit the fan, I summon my fetish army in the middle of a pack. Anything that doesn't die from the initial ambush is cleaned out really fast.

If I'm in a group, I replace spirit walk with spirit barrage and firebomb with mana spiders. Lob 5-6 spiders, then spam barrage w/ the well of souls rune and repeat that. You do a large amount of DPS and have pretty solid survivability. You have far more options w/ groups but for solo builds, I find what I linked to be amazing.
Reply Quote
Edit: I can see what you are doing with the above build, the only questions i would have is if you have any issues with large large groups of mobs, AOE seems a little short

What would you drop? Poison Dart maybe? so maybe this is doing it right....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ecdUST!WcV!cabaZZ

I like pierce the veil if you are relying on dots, but you could go something else if you have mana issues
Edited by Hando#1914 on 5/17/2012 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Fire Bomb is my AOE. It hits basically everything around it, plus it bounces 3 times and hits 3 times. It's a massive AOE cleave.

In addition, spamming haunt on eveything provides you with mass health regen + mass dps.
Reply Quote
What would you drop? Poison Dart maybe? so maybe this is doing it right....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ecdUST!WcV!cabaZZ

I like pierce the veil if you are relying on dots, but you could go something else if you have mana issues

NICE!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ecdUST!WcV!cYYcZc

I made some tweaks, but I think you'll like this too. Might be an amazing anti-boss build.

- Changed the firebats to one that doesnt require targeting
- Without Hex, have Gary do serious dmg + AOE 3 sec Stun
- Made it so SW heals all the time and not just when you're close to fatal
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 5/17/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hePdUT!Wbf!ZaaZZZ

Is the build I've been going with. It's proving to be hilariously overpowered. Garg smashes everything in the universe while I play super !@#$%^- trickster.

Very tight build. I like your mana-MGMT.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 5/17/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://img.techpowerup.org/111229/mother-god-meme.jpg

Now i want to get home and try it lol...I cant get all of those runes yet but I like it.
Edited by Hando#1914 on 5/17/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Rain
In addition, spamming haunt on eveything provides you with mass health regen + mass dps.

That's why I rock haunt + locuts sometimes in boss fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Usually haunt is more than enough. Locusts don't do enough damage for my liking.
Reply Quote
Locust is just nice for the fact that it spreads itself and applys the poison you need for bad med.

I usually get rid of it for things like boss fights
Reply Quote
Sorry, you may be a NORMAL all star, but all of this quickly ends by a2 NM.
Reply Quote
Elitist jerk by day 3...kudos

Why don't you enlighten us with your build instead of hating on people that haven't been able to devote quite as much time to the game as you have
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]