Diablo® III

[Nightmare, Sh-nightmare]: My Perfect WD

What build would any of you recommend for Nightmare Diablo? Can't seem to solo him..
Level 49.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 10:17 AMPosted by FoG
especially the one provided by the person who started this thread is suuuper mana hungry

You're right.

I've since made SW proc the mana regen. But I'm still able to get off 3-4 acids before running out of mana, and that means 3-4 lil blobs of doom to do my bidding.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hePdUT!Wbf!ZaaZZZ

Is the build I've been going with. It's proving to be hilariously overpowered. Garg smashes everything in the universe while I play super !@#$%^- trickster.

I run in, SH, then spirit walk out. Afterwards I haunt everything then begin lobbing fire bombs. Everything dies in seconds. In addition, when things hit the fan, I summon my fetish army in the middle of a pack. Anything that doesn't die from the initial ambush is cleaned out really fast.

If I'm in a group, I replace spirit walk with spirit barrage and firebomb with mana spiders. Lob 5-6 spiders, then spam barrage w/ the well of souls rune and repeat that. You do a large amount of DPS and have pretty solid survivability. You have far more options w/ groups but for solo builds, I find what I linked to be amazing.

As an update on this difficulty. Just completed nightmare mode and started hell mode using this boss. On big bosses, I switched harvest for big bad voodoo w/ the damage rune. Wrecked faceeee. Currently level 50. My fire bombs hit for 2k and crit for 3k, my fetish army crits for 8000-9000. lololol

Also, I've updated my spirit walk to have the explosive rune on it.

I use close to the same build with the same results.

On an unrelated note, I remember you from WoW Rain I was in Endeavour for awhile running rbgs with them.
Reply Quote
Here's the build I've been using in nm, open to suggestion:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gidUYT!WUb!YaZaba

The key is keeping all four hot keys on cooldown at all times, for vision quest. 2 are long cool down pets, so you don't have to worry about "wasting" them, and the other 2 are spirit walk and soul harvest, skills that are always worth spamming. Then you sit back and use your nearly infinite pool of mana to spirit barrage single targets, and acid rain groups. Once I can, I'll make spriit walk regen health too. Right now I take a fair amount of damage, but deal huge amounts.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Kovas
especially the one provided by the person who started this thread is suuuper mana hungry

You're right.

I've since made SW proc the mana regen. But I'm still able to get off 3-4 acids before running out of mana, and that means 3-4 lil blobs of doom to do my bidding.

aaah yeah thats awesome, the acid spell was one of my favorites for awhile because of those blob thingys. nothing more satisfying then watching them explode and just melt away some group of mobs :D haha
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Starting hell has provided me with a rude awakening. I had to swap out garg for grasp of the dead w/ the unbreakable dead glyph.

Garg dies in seconds and I have to kite so.. so much.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Rain
Garg dies in seconds and I have to kite so.. so much.

Yea. At some point, you realize you need to gear the f**k up, then progress later.
Reply Quote
Kovas,
I was a diehard Necro fan in D2, so since launch I've been indulging into the Witch Doctor. Kind of the same, but a little different. I've been toying around with a few builds. Been using the Zoo build, but my survivability is next to nothing. Belial on normal gave me a hard time.....Fast forward a day, I found your build and this post. Awesome, love it, and have been using it.

Just one question though...what gear/stats do you stack and concentrate on? I only had a +magic find set, which needs to be shelved.

Thank you in advance and outstanding with the build setup

D2-Necro here as well! So let me start with my zookeeper build you may enjoy:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hbWRkT!ade!YZZYb
^ thats 13 minions AT LEAST at a time!

Now onto your question regarding gear: Yes, I too was favoring MF throughout normal and only managed to find a single legendary (a belt that was not all that spectacular). So before my buddy and I finished Act III and were picking up all these blues w/ amazing stats, we both just said "f**k it."

I now maximize +Vit and +Int. Roughly 3.5k health and over 600 Int. With the higher numbers of armor, my high HP, and Int-natural resistances, my guy can take a few hits.

The best thing I have to say about this game, is even in nightmare, you'll start to see those Vortex, Magma, Extra Health elites, and to be honest, my build doesn't mow them over. Not really sure which one can yet (AND YES! I've done the dire bats, geez!). Thank god for kiting, right?

Kovas one question with this zoo build. For Passives you have Zombie Handler and Circle of Life, but you don't have zombie dogs in the skills tree? Mistake or is there some mechanic I'm missing. Also, what rune do you use with the Garg?
Edited by Dasde#1631 on 5/18/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kovas one question with this zoo build. For Passives you have Zombie Handler and Circle of Life, but you don't have zombie dogs in the skills tree? Mistake or is there some mechanic I'm missing. Also, what rune do you use with the Garg?

CoL passive gives you zombie dogs when you are near the action.
Zombie Handler allows for your WD-maximum to be raised to 4 dogs at a time! No spell casting or CD required!

Also, for Garg, I find myself switching between big stinker and Restless. Stinker's dmg adds up (currently in Hell and with my current build, can really swing the tide of battle with proer placement. That being said, Restless, with Grave injustice passive, means I'm pretty much able to spam Garg (not even joking, SPAM a 200% dmg minion).
Reply Quote
good, I am in NM ACT 1
will try this out tonight
Reply Quote
good, I am in NM ACT 1will try this out tonight

You won't regret it!
Reply Quote
Well I used a hybrid of Korvas and Rain's build to fnish normal and it worked really well. I basically used Rain's build but with Acid cloud instead of Fetich Army and did like Korvas said. Run into mobs, SH, Acid cloud and proceed to mop up with Fire bomb. :)

Korvas and Rain, you guys still running the same builds in hell? What about weapon choice 1H/Sh? mojo? 2H?

Also I'm really surprised that neither of you are using Spirit Vessel. Why is that? Arguably the 2 most important spells to a WD are SH and SW. SV reduces the cooldowns on those spells as well as allowing you to cheat death every 90 seconds. That seems too good not to include no?
Reply Quote

If I'm in a group, I replace spirit walk with spirit barrage and firebomb with mana spiders. Lob 5-6 spiders, then spam barrage w/ the well of souls rune and repeat that. You do a large amount of DPS and have pretty solid survivability. You have far more options w/ groups but for solo builds, I find what I linked to be amazing.

Curious, why do you switch to spirit barrage and mana spiders when you group?
Reply Quote
TY so much for sharing this build!! Loving it!!
Reply Quote
Also loving this build, Kovas. It was similar to what I was running organically, but yours is much tighter, so I updated. I agree with running mana on SW. The slow is nice, but not nice enough.

I tried the above build from Rain as well, but I'm not liking the slow kill speeds (in Nightmare, at least) compared to the mass acid cloud AOE destruction.

How does your build fare in Hell, Kovas? I hear above that Garg isn't viable there, but with the mana required for all the acid clouds, I'm not sure if I can spare any for unbreakable grasp of the dead.
Reply Quote
Using the same build as OP with few changes...

Was using SH with mana prior to 40... Prior was leveling with bad medicine and dogs but hit a wall... dropped dogs and did some experimenting this is what I ended up with. After duriel... err Act 2 boss I picked up Spirit Vessel and haven't looked back.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aiURjT!ZUV!aaaaZZ

I don't know why your not using VQ... I don't use it as a primary goal to proc endless mana... but it kicks in just as you need it almost every fight in time to refill. This would let you swap to splinters for better dps and even acid rain spam when your control spells are on cool down.

Btw what level are you and what act?
Edited by Sp4cetime#1303 on 5/22/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Bryson
Korvas and Rain, you guys still running the same builds in hell? What about weapon choice 1H/Sh? mojo? 2H?

Nope. I'm in inferno now. You have to farm the gear to be viable.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aikURj!cXU!aZZZZY

You need to have HP-regen for the long kites.
Pets are completely out until I get epic gear.
Blue/Yellow Mobs with 4-6 affixes can ruin instances.
We have our DH skip some areas.
Blobs actually can clog narrow hallways.
Wall of zombies is only real way to stop/slow mobs.
GotD is useless.
Reply Quote
How does your build fare in Hell, Kovas? I hear above that Garg isn't viable there, but with the mana required for all the acid clouds, I'm not sure if I can spare any for unbreakable grasp of the dead.

Hell didn't fair too well for the build, of course.

Inferno, even more so.

Try this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aikURj!cXU!aZZZZY
Or support: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#biQURj!cVU!YaYZZY
Reply Quote
Been rocking with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUdiT!beV!aaZZaZ pretty much all the way through
Reply Quote
Does cold damage on your weapon snare mobs that are under the effect of Pestilent Locusts too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]