Diablo® III

Best Follower for a solo WD?

Hi everyone. Hopefully there's not already a thread on this, apologies if there is!

Basically - I'm Level 33 and in early Act 1 Nightmare, had played co-op through normal, but have been left behind by my party so I'm solo now. My build has Gargantuan do the majority of the tanking for me, but I have a few questions about followers:

(1) Firstly, is it very advantageous for me to have one?

(2) Which follower is best for a WD? I'm guessing I want one who can tank and I can stand behind where possible

(3) Are they very expensive to buy/maintain/resurrect?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Edited by camdnz#6956 on 5/17/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have found it extremely handy to have a Templar. Since Witch Doctors are so fragile, the ability to heal and tank effectively is very useful.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:20 PMPosted by icemanfan
I have found it extremely handy to have a Templar. Since Witch Doctors are so fragile, the ability to heal and tank effectively is very useful.

Agree with this.

I took all of his healing abilities and just gear him with random good drops that I find. Keep in mind the temp likes strength gear so try to give him weapons with lots of strength and vitality. i'm also not that concerned with him dishing out lots of damage, so keeping better weapons for yourself and giving him ones that focus more on defensive play (hit vit, fast attack speed, +life on hit etc.) is important.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 02:20 PMPosted by icemanfan

^This
Reply Quote
Templar is perfect for your WD!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]