Diablo® III

When is DW Hizzies better than 1 + Quiver?

I understand everything I think I need to understand in terms of Dual Wielding means "averaged" damage between the two weapon (i.e. lowered from your best one) with a +15% IAS.

But something (that I'm sure you've all realized that I finally did just now) is the stats on a Hizzy can make up for the "loss of damage." Namely, the dexterity stat. I'm level 28 with 1 Hizzy that has +91 dexterity on it. If i found another with a similar amount of dex, wouldn't that basically completely offset the fact that I'd be doing less damage on one of my attacks and averaged damage for stuff like Twin Chakrams?

Also, for all you people who have hit end game, do quivers catch up to 1h xbows in terms of the amount of dexterity you can get on them?
Reply Quote
Mouse over every ranged item. If it gives you a Damage boost, equip it. Very simple, as all ranged weapon combos are viable.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Yourinnate
Also, for all you people who have hit end game, do quivers catch up to 1h xbows in terms of the amount of dexterity you can get on them?

I haven't hit endgame yet but even at level 46 I've got a quiver with 74 dex and a socket (socketed with a perfect emerald of course) which is much higher dex than I've ever seen on a 1h xbow (could just be getting unlucky). It's definitely possible because of how random your loot is that you find the perfect combination of stats in 2 1hs that make dual-wielding better or you could get a really elite quiver that makes it better to use just 1 of them. It all depends on what items drop.
Reply Quote
I am only 28 and have a 27 rare bow and a 20 legindary quiver. Like LtShaft said seems to be luck b/c my armor drops suck.

I am still green to D3 but I just open my detail window and look at the break down what ever combo is higher I use. Whether it be a 2h and quiver or 2 xbows
Reply Quote
I have been curious to this issue myself. I haven't found any good 2H bows or xbows. I seem to only pick up rare hizzies. I notice the main difference is that i can socket both main and off hand with rubies and get pure damage output rather than having dex on my offhand like i would with a quiver.

Anyone have some insight?
Reply Quote
I have been curious to this issue myself. I haven't found any good 2H bows or xbows. I seem to only pick up rare hizzies. I notice the main difference is that i can socket both main and off hand with rubies and get pure damage output rather than having dex on my offhand like i would with a quiver.

Anyone have some insight?

The only thing I don't like about that is the fact that adding pure damage rubies to both weapons only affects one of them. Damage on weapons only affects the weapon its on (aka 8-20 holy damage enchantment only adds damage to that weapon not the other one as well). Having dex, on a quiver or one of the xbows, affects both of your weapons equally. +Damage on your rings and amulet is much more valuable than having it on a weapon. If it still leads you to have more overall damage then, by all means, go for it though. It's just not as effective as one would think when comparing it to rings, etc.
Reply Quote
I can't be the only one using a hizzy with a sweet quiver because I haven't found a xbow/bow good enough yet...
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 02:30 PMPosted by cybertag
I can't be the only one using a hizzy with a sweet quiver because I haven't found a xbow/bow good enough yet...

I am at level 46 don't worry bud. I had a great bow as well but the base attack speed of hizzys makes them so good. Having a 5-10 ammy with 50 dex and two 6-12 rings with dex sockets helps though. All that extra +damage is really augmented by using a fast weapon. Hizzys may have a low base damage but their attack speed more than makes up for it. At one point I had a hizzy with 75dps and an xbow with 90 but I had a higher damage overall using the hizzy for the simple fact that having a 1.1 attack speed SUCKS.
Reply Quote
the answer is never
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
hizzy means house. Why not just say hxb?
Reply Quote
Basically never. The offhand crossbow would need to have very similiar dps as your mainhand and have a ton of dex. I think if your going 1h xbow, pair it up with a shield, otherwise grab a 2h bow/crossbow + quiver.
Reply Quote
That math works out to something like: If the DPS of your off-hand xbow is 92% as good as or better than the DPS of your main-hand xbow, then dual-wielding is as good as or better than using your main-hand xbow + 10% attack speed quiver.

However, this is complicated somewhat by the rest of the affixes carried by your off-hand versus what's carried by the quiver.
Reply Quote
I used dual hand crossbows for all of Normal and Nightmare. Then I switched to 2h xbow + quiver, and now I do more than three times my previous dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]