Diablo® III

This game isn't fun anymore.. too hard

85 Night Elf Warrior
Most people got problem in this game because they dont gear or go back to old ACT to gear. By the start of ACT 4 in normal, i had 630 dps and 2400hp.

Nightmare feel easy so far
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Well I guess I'm getting unlucky on the drops. I've only seen 2-3 Int rares in normal, none in NM yet.

But as I've said I bought a lot of gear on the AH (spent about 50k) and it feels like a completely different game. I'm just bummed that I need to rely on the Ah to play effectively and not die all the time.

As for skills I really don't see anything but Poison Dart working for Elite mobs and Bosses. I also feel like Haunt is required on bosses to keep damage going while you're on the move.
Edited by scubasteve#1148 on 5/18/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Most people got problem in this game because they dont gear or go back to old ACT to gear. By the start of ACT 4 in normal, i had 630 dps and 2400hp.

Nightmare feel easy so far

The only problem I see with rerunning is won't you be getting lower-lvl drops? Sure I could run Act I in nightmare all day to gear up better, but I'll be seeing lvl 30ish drops while I'm sitting at lvl 40.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
go my sword in crafting.

58.8 dps (with flawless ruby 10-20dmg)
+64 int
+64 vit

This was such a huuuge upgrade. It really change the game to get good gear. Its like if you are trying to attempt a raid in wow with green gear, you will fail
Reply Quote
Doing all INT gear is fine in normal, but your are going to need to look much more into INT/VIT gear to do anything in Nightmare or higher. You simply need the health. The only time you can get away with that "glass cannon" build with casters is if you run a group that can tank mobs for you.
Reply Quote
str 182
dex 200
int 649
vit 430
armor 914
dps854.02

I am owning Nightmare act 2 use the only build wd has. Splinters,Direbats,Garg,Spirit Walk,plus other fillers
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Well I take back everything I said. I'm absolutely loving the game now that I'm annihilating everything again :)

I just got Phantasm for Spirit Barrage too which is awesome.

Right now I'm using Grasp of the Dead (increased slow to 80%), dropping down a couple Phantasm, and then Haunting up a few mobs. Everything explodes instantly in a huge pit of souls.

Haunt with Resentful Spirit is actually decent single-target attack too. Haven't tried it on any bosses yet, but I'm guessing if you just keep casting it over and over it should stand up to any other single-target attack.
Reply Quote
your damage is pathetically low. why is it so low?

people - we are not d2 necromancers. we are as gear dependent as every other class in a diablo game historically is now. YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR GEAR

the first thing you should do when you start nightmare is go into the auction house, get some rare gear. sort it by buyout price and only buy the cheap stuff.

prioritize: rings/mh/oh - +dmg>int>vit
every other piece - int>vit

your gear must be up to date. your armor from gear and all other stats transfer to your pets. your gear is unacceptable for nightmare and i have a feeling it's all still high teens.

when i started nightmare i had over 900 dmg. with that much dmg stating you only need dogs and garg as distraction and then grasp, acid cloud and firebomb. on bosses you swap acid cloud out for haunt, firebomb out for spiders or poison dart and grasp for spirit walk.

IF YOUR GEAR IS UP TO DATE you will only have to resummon dogs ONCE on azmodan. you may not lose a single pet on belial. the butcher was stupid easy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9_gtaaluU

in act 4 i have 3800 +dmg without soul harvest and almost 10k health. my gear is all within 6 levels of me at the lowest and all rare except my amulet. i've been somewhat fortunate in that i found two level 41 legendaries that are suitable for witchdoctor

it's like some of you never played any other class in diablo 2 but a necro. those classes were heavily gear dependent. nightmare in d3 = hell in d2. you didnt do hell in d2 on any class but a necro without gear. it's the same deal here. no exceptions.
Reply Quote
With good gear almost any build works.
Reply Quote
Get gear and use better strategy... Currently in NM mode and not having a problem whatsoever, I died once because I afked in a bad place at work lol! Other than that, things are going just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
All i have to say is, LOL.

Games that are hard = fun.

Im level 33 Doing Nightmare with no problem, its your stats/build and you.

I agree, that's the one thing I like most about Diablo. By "too hard" I meant I couldn't walk a couple feet without being 1 shot and it took 10 minutes to kill a pack of normal mobs.

Now that I have better gear the game is on the level of difficulty it should be and it's fun again.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
05/18/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Mammon
I am owning Nightmare act 2 use the only build wd has. Splinters,Direbats,Garg,Spirit Walk,plus other fillers

why do you say the only build WD has? Im almost done in nightmare and i dont have splinter or direbats.

Personnaly i got no problem with this one so far.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hiRkTU!beV!aabaZZ

Im using the firebomb with flash fire to break every urns and pot (getting alot of treasure from that) and its a good tool to fire when you are running since it bounce back up to the target, damage wise its not the best but it came more handy then splinter for me. The thing is, even if the enemies is not on screen, you throw it on the edge and it bounce to it on the other screen. So sometime some enemies trigger later and can get a couple of shot of or some enemies(bosses) mechanic can be safely avoided that way. I tried splinter for a while, it is "stronger" but i dont know.. until i really need for straight damage i really prefer my firebomb.

I ran acid rain a while with the blob but it seemed weaker except the blob follow the enemies and can stack... which in the end is stronger but you have to burn more mana. Its a great aoe, i spam it twice and usually all the monsters that are "weaker" are disolved, leaving only 1 or 2 mobs to deal with. I should perhaps try back direbat but so far acid rain is really good for me.

Hex angry chicken is just fun to watch and use, i could probably get something better there but its still decent. I transform in a chicken and when i press 1-2-3 or 4 i blow up doing 215% damage which is 1500 right now on a crit for me AND it knock back. So when i get surrounded i can double tap, giving me more space to move out, like a cooldown. So the damage is not bad and it served me well. Perhaps in later difficulty ill take the full chicken CC.

Wall of zombie is a really good CC, i use it so often. To block the path of mobs, to stop the beast that charge, block hallway etc. Its a wall ... that do damage.. and you can cross it. So if the mobs run around? Go through and hell run around again. Sometime just putting the wall down in front of me make the enemies turn back to my Gargantuan. I love it.

Gargantuan was my first "big" spell so i kinda like it. Its mostly a tank and a skill that i dont really need to watch. Its there, its keeping them away from me and it look good. One skill to not worry about it kinda good too.

Spirit walk is damn good, it give me mana, it break CC , i can walk through enemies and move faster. Pretty self explanatory in the end. Really help out with the frozen, jailer etc. and with the passive, its like each 13 sec.

Spiritual attunement is good. Perhaps i could take better but having more mana mean more Acid Rain for me, like it

Fetish Sycophant only worth it if you have physical realm spell. Since my two most used skill are phys. realm, i spawn them alot, its free damage. Sometime i can get up to 5 of them and they stay for 60 sec.

Spirit Vessel is for soul walk and oh !@#$. Its really useful to not die from mobs that suddenly spawn on you and then explode.

Thats it for my stuff. I dont think anything is mandatory so far AS MY PERSONNAL OPINION. But i can understand the appeal of certain skills. It all depend with who you play, how good you play , how good you feel about those skills etc. There is alot to consider.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Dixa
IF YOUR GEAR IS UP TO DATE you will only have to resummon dogs ONCE on azmodan. you may not lose a single pet on belial.

That's called overgearing.

Being up to date is just keeping up with things your level without having to struggle too much.
Reply Quote
It seems like everyone has about int ~ damage. I'm level 26, just started act III, 387 int but damage is only 200. What am I doing wrong?

I mean not really complaining, so far game has been easy street with witch doctor, died once on Belail and only b/c I decided not to dodge around. But obviously I must be doing something wrong since my damage is 1/2 int.
Reply Quote
Weapon damage matters more because that's what the INT is multiplying.

The only exception is if you have so much weapon damage but so little int you won't be multiplying it enough. GL with that though.
Reply Quote
Diablo is a hard game. It only gets easy once people have been max level for some time and drop SoJs all day to strangers.
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Bridius
Vit: 176

Problem detected.

Have equal amounts of vit and int.
Reply Quote
Not just where you are at bro, i have JUST started and i am at The Butcher and he is WAY too fast the fire is way too op and the fire goes everywhere, there is no react tiime and it is compleatly unfair, so yes i agree. When the Aucion House update comes out they should look into either: buffing EVERY class, nerfing EVERY boss or making an easy mode. Just my opinion
Reply Quote
One word: VITALITY

You don't really need it in normal, and as such so many people I've talked to have pretty much completely ignored it in favor of their main damage stat. Then they find they get to nightmare and die instantly.

Also, I don't know what your weapon is, but you might try a high damage two hander. Sure, that one hander has the same dps, but you only get so many casts of your big hitters to a mana bar anyway. It is better to have the few dire bats you can squeeze out of a mana bar hit for high damage than to empty your mana bar in 2 seconds due to that dagger attack speed and have everything still alive.

I use a 1h weapon/mojo combo when i find a super good 1h, but I always find myself wanting to go back to that big ol' hammer or something. I'm 56, and the two handers still win hands down in my book.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]