Diablo® III

Upgrade from Diablo3 to collectors edition

(Locked)

I bought the Diablo 3 and install it. I now have the Diablo 3 CE and somebody at a game store said if I activate the CE key. That will over write the first key.

He said they will send you another key by email. You should be able to sale or install the other copy on another compuer is this true. Or do I have to email or call support for another key?
You can upgrade your standard(digital) copy to a Collectors Edition. However to retrieve the standard key to be able to gift it to someone else, you'll have to contact support. But beware, you will probably get a BS response like this;

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

We would like to thank you for the enthusiasm you have shown towards Blizzard games! Recently, we released Diablo III and due to the success of the launch we have received a high volume of phone calls, petitions, and other responses. We are working diligently to process all requests in a timely fashion; however, we are unable to get to your request at this time.

We recommend visiting our support site at us.battle.net/support as the self-service options are comprehensive and our articles are capable of answering most questions. If you are unable to find an answer, please re-open the petition which will retain your current place in line.

Regards,

Blizzard Customer Support
Edited by Suffix#1177 on 5/19/2012 12:38 PM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
yes, the same is me,
So how can i get another key , anyone can help me ??
85 Troll Hunter
yes, the same is me,
So how can i get another key , anyone can help me ??

You'll have to contact Costumer Service. I suggest waiting until next week as they are being bombarded with various requests. You have 30 days after upgrading to CE to request your reimbursement standard edition key.

Note than Annual Pass participants are not eligible for standard key reimbursements as they receive 4 months of WoW time as compensation.

Thanks alot,
I purchased Diablo 3 Digital download, so that absolutely i'll recieve back anothe key right?
if you /do/ infact end up attaching the CE to the game; will it overwrite the characters you've been plying as? or are they locked to the account; rather than the code itself?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Looking for a BLUE POST on this so we dont all have to ask the same questions when contacting customer service.

Thanks, i too did digital download and would like to upgrade.
bump
bump!
It took about 3 days but they transferred my old digital key over to my friend's account no problem.

I just told them what I wanted to do and gave them his battle.net. They didn't ask any questions, just did it. :)

if you /do/ infact end up attaching the CE to the game; will it overwrite the characters you've been plying as? or are they locked to the account; rather than the code itself?

It 'upgrades' your current account, and you don't lose the characters even if you give away your other code.

It's worth mentioning you don't get another actual code, you can only 'transfer' the digital version to someone else.
Edited by Kaelys#1787 on 5/27/2012 2:31 PM PDT
how do i upgrade ?
is there any way to upgrade still?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]