Diablo® III

For Hell and Beyond, AoE spells?

What do you guys find working best for Hell and Inferno, Ball Lightning or Multishot? Or is there something else you're using?

I ask because I just hit Hell today and I had been using Ball Lightning and it was great. So far in Hell though, I dunno. It doesn't feel nearly as good as it did.
Edited by Enyalus#1142 on 5/20/2012 4:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ball Lightning is bad, use Nether Tentacles, does a lot more dmg. Ball Lightning is bugged and doesn't do the 155% it says it does, more like 80%. Multishot is decent but Nether Tentacles only cost 10energy, you can more or less spam it for like 30secs sustained with the Bat Companion. That's what I've cleared Act I inferno with at least, in Hell I was still using Broadside Multishot.
Reply Quote
This is how I roll my DH

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#agVdkQ!abf!aYYbca

For singel mobs I just Hungering arrow them down and when there is a pack I drop my Sentry with 15% dmg reduction, pop my lifesteal with 65% dmg reduction and just multishot their face. If there are a lot of mobs I just pop my preperation which almost always allow me to perma lifesteal until the mobs are dead.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
05/20/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Pyros
Ball Lightning is bad, use Nether Tentacles, does a lot more dmg. Ball Lightning is bugged and doesn't do the 155% it says it does, more like 80%. Multishot is decent but Nether Tentacles only cost 10energy, you can more or less spam it for like 30secs sustained with the Bat Companion. That's what I've cleared Act I inferno with at least, in Hell I was still using Broadside Multishot.

Ball Lightning does it's damage over two ticks.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Pyros

Yep. I don't have Nether Tentacles unlocked yet, but it does seem much better. :)
Reply Quote
I was using ball lightning for the longest time, and then I hit hell.

Ball Lightning is just WAY too weak compared to Multishot, and it's slower at clearing things due to needing more shots, and having a lot slower travel time.
Reply Quote
I roll mine as such:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYdTl!YTe!YbbZZb

For solo play I generally create a trail of pain traps behind, then keep them in a "Fear limbo" until they die. Stampede does a good job of keeping enemies at bay.

Fear is very useful for multiplayer, keeps damage off the tanks. I often like to run up to the front lines and lay 5 or 6 pain spikes, about 300% weapon DPS is pretty effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]