Diablo® III

Unable to Post?

(Locked)

Blizzard Employee
Once properly logged into the forums (with your Battle.net email address and password/authenticator), at the top right corner you should see a character listed -- this could be for World of Warcraft or StarCraft II. Just above that character's name should be your BattleTag nickname.*

Next to your character's name you should see a down-arrow. Click on that to display a variety of characters from any of the games you have associated with your Battle.net account.

For example:

Crithto
1 Perky Pug
Every Realm

Crithtolol#101
North America

Crithtowut
85 Pug Shaman
Thorium Brotherhood

At the bottom of the list you should see an option to Manage Characters, click on that to expand the list of your in-game characters and accounts. At the very top (for most folks) you should see your BattleTag name without the associated hash and unique identifier numbers. That's the appropriate Diablo III character to select which can be verified after selection by the Diablo avatar next to your name. Click on that lone name that has no level or tag (#) number associated with it and you should be good to go!

We're keeping an eye on things but hope this will resolve any posting errors the majority of folks have contacted us about.

*If you have yet to create a BattleTag, visit Battle.net account management to set up your nickname today. Choose wisely, as it will (eventually) be your nickname that identifies you across all Blizzard games.

EDIT: Follow the blue Blizz button for more ... or go here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150758673?page=5#93
Edited by Crithto on 6/1/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Is it a bug that our Diablo 3 avatars are listed as "Diablo 3 Beta" still?
My SEA SC2 character does not show up in the list, I had to create this one on the NA Server in order to post.
100 Troll Shaman
05/20/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Miraa
Is it a bug that our Diablo 3 avatars are listed as "Diablo 3 Beta" still?

Yes, but it should not affect anybody's ability to post on the forums. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.)
Edited by Sojourna#1586 on 5/20/2012 3:40 PM PDT
Thank you! I was Not happy that I could not post. :)
Thank you ... I'm able to post now.
I had to search for my name in the box provided to even get it to register, all I was seeing before doing that was all my wow alts.
1 Human Warrior
Its not working for me yet.. guess i'll try tomorrow.. I see my WoW chraracers.. don't know what htis one is unless i made it somewhere and don't remember it.
Yay! Thanks! It works in Europe forum too! ;)
Can't wait to see my actual D3 characters on the forums!
This Helped me greatly no longer dogged by that wow account that still hasn't been recovered I can again be apart of the forum.
Thank you so much for this advice.

I was unable to post and as a result submitted a ticket to battle.net support.

The response I received was not in the least bit helpful, and I submitted an addition to my ticket stating as much.

It was only by chance however that I came across your post while browsing the forums.

Thankfully I did.

Cheers.
Problem resolved ! ;D
Edited by MasterChief#1980 on 5/21/2012 6:36 AM PDT
05/20/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Aria
I had to search for my name in the box provided to even get it to register, all I was seeing before doing that was all my wow alts.

This is the fix for those who only see their WoW characters, especially if your WoW account is inactive. Hopefully Blizz fixes it soon.
05/20/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Crithto
At the bottom of the list you should see an option to Manage Characters

I do not have that option.
85 Dwarf Hunter
05/21/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Trip

This is the fix for those who only see their WoW characters, especially if your WoW account is inactive. Hopefully Blizz fixes it soon.

Ah, that's how to get my Battletag to show up! I'lll keep posting on WoW alts for now though-- not much point in having avatars when they're all the same.
i like that i was told in a ticket to contact WoW support about not being able to post on these forums. I then use these instructions but indeed they are not correct instructions. This interface is horrible i practically stumbled upon the solution.
I also see my Diablo avatar listed as "Beta" still.

I think Manage Characters appears if you have multiple WoW characters.

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete a character from showing up on the drop down so that you can only see it from "Manage Characters?"
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]