Diablo® III

iMac desktop 9400 - Bootcamp Help

So I have an iMac with the nevidia 9400. Obviously we are all aware that it is IMPOSSIBLE to play D3 on this system until updates.

So I've been looking into BootCamp and have a couple questions for anyone willing to help out a computer nooby.

My friend has a Windows 7 disc, but it is Alienware he thinks because his desktop is Alienware. Will this work the same for me? Or not?

The iMac is my roommate's and I don't want to harm it, would any of this harm his computer?

BootCamp says I need my Snow leopard installation disc, which we no longer own. Do I need my OS's disc? I don't understand why I would need it considering it's already on my computer?

How long and complicated is the BootCamp process if I find out I meet the requirements to do it?

Thanks for anyone willing to help. I really really want to play this game, but I don't want to wait 2 months for an update like Blizzard is thinking it will take.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I've tested all possible low-resolution solutions, shadows off, repaired discs on my computer, freed up space, etc. So before anyone suggests any of that, I've done it. BootCamp is my last hope.
Edited by Stormborn#1933 on 5/20/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly man I wouldn't mess with bootcamp on your roommates computer if you don't know what your doing really. You can do ALOT of damage if your roommate doesn't have backups. Read through this: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

That is a wonderful guide, but like I said if you don't feel comfortable then you might want to think twice.
Reply Quote
You have a good point. I guess it's not worth it at all. I just want to be able to play this game, oh well I guess. Thanks for the input/advice though.
Reply Quote
Yes, you need the installer disk that came with the Mac. It contains a window partition with the drivers that windows needs to support the various bits of hardware in the Mac. Windows will install on the Mac without it, but it will be useless, won't even get on the Internet without the Ethernet or wireless drivers for the Mac installed, which are on that disk.
Edited by Ernie#6887 on 5/20/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So without the disc, SOL?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]