Diablo® III

The Templar's Lesson (Act IV)

Anyone know how to get this conversation? I have every other one, but can't for the life of me get this one…
Reply Quote
Exactly the same problem, I feel like ive checked after every little quest change and update, but it never became avaidable.

EDIT: I just found it. Im quite sure it didnt pop up for me the first time. I started in act 3 on the last quest, where you need to kill azmodan. Did all that, watch the Adria cut scene and went in the portal. Right after entering it and appearing in heaven it popped up for me. Before speaking to Tyrael.
Edited by Qneql#2551 on 5/22/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That's weird, I've tried the same thing and it just doesn't go through for me.

According to everything I see, it's supposed to pop up at the start of Act IV but it just won't do it in my game. Which is sad, cause it's the last Convo i need.
Reply Quote
That's weird, I've tried the same thing and it just doesn't go through for me.

According to everything I see, it's supposed to pop up at the start of Act IV but it just won't do it in my game. Which is sad, cause it's the last Convo i need.

Yeah it does pop up on act IV right after entering the portal in Act III. Im nearly 100% sure that it didnt pop up for my barb and it didnt pop up for my WD the first time either. Had the same with a couple of the Shen dialogues like "The Hunt Continues". Possibly bugged?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
i think you need to have all the other dialog up to that point cuz it didnt pop up for me till i got all the other stuff done...idk for sure tho..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/23/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Hoodeddeath
i think you need to have all the other dialog up to that point cuz it didnt pop up for me till i got all the other stuff done...idk for sure tho..

Same thing happened for me, so it seems that it wont show up until all other dialog options have been completed
Reply Quote
It just happened only shows when Tyrael stands next to Templar
Reply Quote
It involves Tyrael, so, you can't have it without him nearby.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok so i have worked it out, spent me like just over an hour of reading up. It's not bugged at all just gotta fiddle around a bit.

You need to go into Act 3 near Tyrael and use the Dialog: The Templar's Research
This starts a chain conversation with Tyrael the Templar and yourself.
(Personally I just went to 4. Tremors In The Stone and killed the demons and used the dialog next to Tyrael)

Once they have completed their little chitter chatter, leave game and change to Act 4 - 1. Fall Of The High Heavens. (Just an FYI I've had my Templar as my follower through this whole section)
You will zone in at the heavens and you should be able to complete this achievement.

^^ I also did it on normal mode but i doubt that has much relevance.
Just posted this in EU hopefully it could solve other peoples issues.^
Reply Quote
Just finished this after trying to follow the above instructions without success. I had to use a new character for "The Templar's Research" to show up as it did not come up as an option on my main character.

1) Go to Act 3: Tremors in the Stone
2) Make sure that the Templar is your follower.
3) Make sure that you talk to the Templar until you have "The Templar's Research" as a dialog option.
4) Go inside the armory, kill the shadow vermin.
5) Make sure you have listened to all of Tyrael's dialog options.
6) Stand next to Tyrael and select "The Templar's Research" just in case.
7) The conversation that you need to trigger between Tyrael and the Templar is "The Truth"
8) Once you have finished "The Truth" you go to Act 4: Fall of the High Heavens and "The Templar's Lesson" will be available.
Reply Quote
nice man thay opened all the final convos. much appreciated

edit however it didnt get my the templar on but it did get me ench and scoundrel final hmmmm
Edited by Vvasp#1321 on 6/14/2012 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Man it took me a minute to get it.. But yeah just go through and kill Azmodeen or what ever his name is at the end of act 3.. Then continue the cut scenes and dialoges and then at the start of act 4 talk to old boy (Templar) and bam magic happens. But as a little advise.. have the templar as your follower tends to make it easier..
Reply Quote
This is such a necro, but I don't even care at this point. None of these suggestions work at all. For whatever reason, when I go back to the quest "Tremor's in the Stone", or any quest before that, the option to talk about The Templar's Research disappears from the selections. I've even gone to act IV with the Templar and stood him right next to Tyrael and talked to Kormac about the templars research and my barbarian suggests talking to Tyrael, but then, nothing. No option to talk to Tyrael.

This. Is. So. Frustrating.
Reply Quote
Try having a different follower at the time; the conversation should pop up for the Templar when he's NOT your active follower. :x
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Sounded reasonable, but didn't work.
The Templar Conversation - "Templar's Research" doesn't show up on the Templar in Act3.
It does in Act4, but then no interaction occurs, and the "Templar's Lesson" conversation never shows up.

Tried killing Azmo first, no luck. Tried Act4 start to finish 4 times checking for the conversation every few steps, no luck.
Reply Quote
OK, finally got it to work. There were a couple of missing conversations in Act3 (though all for the achievement were checked).

I entered Act3 at the last quest (Kill Azmodan), went near Tyrael, and had a few more conversations with the Templar, then Killed Azmo and went to Act4.
Went over by Tyrael and the "Templar Lesson" was available on my follower/Templar.
Edited by Swifty#1940 on 12/7/2013 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually, I just started talking to him in act IV, and then I went to act III to talk to the Mystic, and then I could get the "Templer Lesson". Don't really know how that worked, but it did! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]