Diablo® III

Super low health wizard build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ilRQXO!Ydf!ZbbZaY

Been using this throughout hell and now into inferno; basically with those abilities (first one is preference based, use whatever main attacking ability you want) you can use blizzard to kite and venom hydra for constant damage.

The rest of them are pretty dependent on NO vitality gear, and instead health regeneration gear. Why? Because with the 35% damage cap, and over 1k health regeneration you'll heal faster than most enemies can do damage to you (which is capped at around 1.5k) Your only real threat is being surrounded or fast attacking enemies, and with illusionist, when fighting most enemies in hell/inferno you'll always be able to teleport the second you get hit if needed.

Diamond skin, when combined with the Force Armor and low health basically becomes 6 seconds of complete invulnerability since the chances of you taking that 20k damage are extremely low.

So for gear, basically make sure there's no vitality on it and that there is health regeneration, otherwise you can just go intellect/other damage bonuses, or even dexterity for a high dodge chance making you even harder to kill.

And for a fun note: I had an elite mob enrage on me in inferno difficulty (I hopped right into it without getting any good gear) and it still wasn't capable of killing me when I was just attacking it head on.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I've read a little about these builds and had even considered something like this the first time I saw force armor, but I had some questions about dmg mechanics that I was hoping someone might know.

First, does the force armor kick in pre or post mitigation. IE a hit rolls for 30k, you have 5k hp, so it gets reduced to 1.75k.

But if you have diamond armor, does it reduce the damage before or after the absorb? And shields, do they block before or after the damage reduction?
Reply Quote
I'm using this as well, running around in Hell Act 2 with under 4k HP and tons of hp regen/damage. Just don't stand in AOE and normal mobs will die before your diamond skin wears off and can get surrounded, and champion/elite mobs don't have the damage to kill you. I wasn't sure about it when I dropped 150k in the AH for the gear, but I die 90% less than before I did this build. A lot less kiting too.

I'd recommend familiar ancient guardian though for even more insurance.
Edited by VJesse#1627 on 5/21/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've read a little about these builds and had even considered something like this the first time I saw force armor, but I had some questions about dmg mechanics that I was hoping someone might know.

First, does the force armor kick in pre or post mitigation. IE a hit rolls for 30k, you have 5k hp, so it gets reduced to 1.75k.

But if you have diamond armor, does it reduce the damage before or after the absorb? And shields, do they block before or after the damage reduction?

Force armor comes first in the case of Diamond Skin, which makes it significantly stronger, I believe shield blocking also comes after Force Armor (I've been using a shield and occasionally see 100% blocks)

I'm using this as well, running around in Hell Act 2 with under 4k HP and tons of hp regen/damage. Just don't stand in AOE and normal mobs will die before your diamond skin wears off and can get surrounded, and champion/elite mobs don't have the damage to kill you. I wasn't sure about it when I dropped 150k in the AH for the gear, but I die 90% less than before I did this build. A lot less kiting too.

I'd recommend familiar ancient guardian though for even more insurance.

Yeah I only really die to latency spikes now; and as far as customization goes, the only 3 abilities really vital to the build are illusionist, galvanizing ward, force armor, teleport, and diamond skin; as far as your other 3 slots and passive are concerned they can be whatever you are comfortable with.
Edited by Beelzebub#1127 on 5/21/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]