Diablo® III

List of crappy skills/runes?

So what would you guys considers extremely bad runes/skills that you would never touch with a 10 foot pole? (do not consider currently overpowered ones such as smoke screen/fog, ele arrow/tentacle, prep/battlescars)
Edited by Snuggleform#1967 on 5/21/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anything that doesn't have Elemental Arrow w/ Nether Tentacles, Smoke Screen w/ Lingering Fog, or Preparation w/ Battle Scars in its name :P
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:22 PMPosted by LtShaft
Anything that doesn't have Elemental Arrow w/ Nether Tentacles, Smoke Screen w/ Lingering Fog, or Preparation w/ Battle Scars in its name :P

To make it more interesting, let's pretend all of those aforementioned runes didn't exist, now what?
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 07:27 PMPosted by RaiDTwiS
Pretty much everything sucks. There are clear winner runes in every skill, and the rest are all terrible. And that's only amongst the skills that are worth taking; most are worthless.

To make things interesting, assume the current winners didn't exist. Which would be the next generation of winners and losers?
Reply Quote
Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Any rune for multishot except fire at will (halves the hatred cost) is completely worthless IMO.

fire at will basically doubles the damage you can do with multishot since you can fire it twice for the same cost. None of the other runes even come close to doubling the damage of the skill.

I suppose suppression fire might be worth it in some situations, but generally with preparation you don't need that much extra discipline regen.

Also the sentry seems like an absolutely worthless ability given the amount of pathetic damage it puts out for 10 discipline.
Edited by illundreal#1735 on 5/21/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any rune for multishot except fire at will (halves the hatred cost) is completely worthless IMO.

fire at will basically doubles the damage you can do with multishot since you can fire it twice for the same cost. None of the other runes even come close to doubling the damage of the skill.

QFT.

Also the sentry seems like an absolutely worthless ability given the amount of pathetic damage it puts out for 10 discipline.

Personally I like Sentry + Vigilant Watcher. In fights where I'm busy running around trying to dodge stuff, it helps to keep DPS ongoing. Damage-wise, I think it's okay, considering it shoots quite fast, looks like more than one shot per second.
Reply Quote
How about like...companion boar, or acrobatic vault, carved stake caltrops, etc?
Reply Quote
I personally don't like grenades at all, the bouncy-ness of them just makes it feel too random.
Reply Quote
Rapid fire, rapid fire runes

Personally: Grenade cuz of the time to hit
Reply Quote
Are future rebalance patches expected in the future for this game? While I don't think DH is underpowered, there's so many worthless skills and runes in the DH repertoire. It's already become pretty clear that DH builds eventually filter down to the same set of Discipline skills with only slight variations in Hate skills.
Reply Quote
Fan of Knives doesn't even feel useable unless you put the Hail of Knives rune on it, and even then Multishot is a much better AoE.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Thrage
Fan of Knives doesn't even feel useable unless you put the Hail of Knives rune on it, and even then Multishot is a much better AoE.

FoK Hail of Knives is prolly one of my favorite runes

It tears through mobs when you get surrounded by a bunch of weak ones and is great in combination with ss as you reposition yourself or just for some insane damage. I don't even use multishot in any of my builds anymore because elemental arrow seems to be more effective for me. I use ball lightning currently but i don't have the nether rune yet (just hit hell act 1)

As for runes i wouldnt use... Prolly stuff like chakram boomerang/shadow power shadow glide

Overall though, I am very impressed with the number of ways you can go about to play this game. Bliz did a great job with the game IMO
Reply Quote
Shuriken cloud? Choking gas? Spider companion? Grim reaper? Shrapnel? Sticky trap? Loaded for lulz? Anathema?
Reply Quote
Anathema is a horrible rune in both appearance and utility. It's just a crappy demon with an Easter basket full of prissy mini bombs who can't bother to follow you around and drop them. They come out at a trickle that even an old man with a bloated prostate could beat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]