Diablo® III

Stuck on NM Act 3

I can't get passed the teleporting things with the swords and the tongue demons. Every single time I find a pack of those I die instantly. I'm just helpless against them. I can't run and I can't stand there and fight. God forbid there's a champion pack of them.

I'm using http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iYXOjS!aUX!ZZZaaZ as my build. I have 14,612 life, 1968 armor (45% damage reduction) and 1939 damage.

What am I doing wrong to fail at NM...
Reply Quote
I personally would drop energy armor and use hydra instead. That way you can just kite while your hydras kill everything.
Edited by Behot#1865 on 5/21/2012 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 10:24 PMPosted by BillOReilly
I personally would drop energy armor and use hydra instead. That way you can just kite while your hydras kill everything.

I can't kite though. The Hulking Phasebeasts and Soul Rippers teleport to me and just destroy me instantly. I've tried Hydra and I just die faster.
Reply Quote
There are some packs that are just harder on us than others.

That said, most all of us who have to kite use a hydra of some kind. I prefer the venom hydra myself.

I'm in Act II hell and I only have Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell is as my Savior spell using the rest for offensive. I'm an Arcane Missile and Orb user.

The only thing I can add that might help is to upgrade your weapons and get your dps up some since it looks like you have enough health.
Reply Quote
Why do so many people use disintegrate? Use arcane orb, spam your ap while running away and refreshing venom hydra. Turn and tank whenever diamond skin is up, wear them down and kill them that way.
Reply Quote
use mirror image to escape, easy.
Reply Quote
hydra, frost nova, attack with your spell fo choice and then diamond skin away
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Cassiopeia
use mirror image to escape, easy.

Most mobs seem to ignore the Images...

I'll try Hydra again but I feel like it doesn't help with the teleporting/leaping people. It definitely helps on bosses though.

05/21/2012 11:13 PMPosted by RED
Why do so many people use disintegrate? Use arcane orb, spam your ap while running away and refreshing venom hydra. Turn and tank whenever diamond skin is up, wear them down and kill them that way.

Disintegrate does an absurd amount of damage that's why. I would try Arcane Orb but I only have two handed weapons atm and it's just too slow with two handed weapons...
Reply Quote
pls try 5 images, mobs r silly.....u can kite with ur hydra and arcane orb. first use diamond skin, and use mirror image when skin wears off, u will find ur diamond skin is ready again when images disappear.
Edited by Cassiopeia#1469 on 5/22/2012 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]