^
Reply Quote
Shadowform Priest.
Reply Quote
Demon hunter/Sorc

After playing in inferno....
All I've learned:
Basically don't go monk/barb

And I'm not crazy about WD (they do alright...)
Reply Quote
if u have enough skill, its the demon hunter by far. but im going to go ahead and assume u dont, or else u wouldnt be on this forum asking us i nthe first place.

wizard also can do very well if u use a certain build but again, if u knew that, u wouldnt be here either.

if u have the patience, the witch doctor is the easiest. u can DoT the enemies and simple run away till they die.
Reply Quote
any class is viable, people just don't realize that you need to kite as melee in higher difficulties.

That being said, I'd imagine that ProbablyHigh is right, demon hunter/sorc have the best kiting skills.
Reply Quote
are they bad cuz they are melee? are you sure they just dont need some survivability in order to solo

PS: i have no clue, level 40 barbarian
Reply Quote
barb with good gear, dh otherwise
Reply Quote
Witch Doctor.
Reply Quote
are they bad cuz they are melee? are you sure they just dont need some survivability in order to solo

PS: i have no clue, level 40 barbarian

we face eat molten/Desecrator/Fire Chains/Invulnerable Minions/Plagued on our face i got 1k resist all and i get smashed as barbarian :(

Plus the insane melee hits :I
Reply Quote
If you have godly DPS gear - DH

Otherwise, and this is just my personal opinion:

Monk > WZ > DH > WD > Barb

Monk has a huge survival advantage.
Wizard has great glass cannon potential, and some survival.
Demon Hunters ARE glass cannons, but lack good defense.
Witch Doctors are dead in the water, they're only better than a Barb because they have range.
Barb is just horrid. You need godly gear to do what a Monk or Wizard can do in cheap junk gear.
Reply Quote
Forummer.
Reply Quote
BARB, because it's the most fun, range is for pussies, who are scared to confront their enemies. I play the game like i'm in real life, i confront ppl, i don't take !@#$ from noone, not trying to act like a badass, i'm just saying how i roll.

Barb <3 in your face
Reply Quote
Different classes require different play styles. If you're only willing to play a class one way from Normal to Inferno, you may find yourself in trouble.

As I always say; people should play what appeals to them, not what might seem more easy-going. Have fun!
Reply Quote
To be honest, the easiest first class you can pick up would be the Demon Hunter as they require no gear to get passed certain areas of Inferno.

On a side note, there really isn't a "best" solo class for softcore. They are all good if you play them right. Only Demon Hunter has a slight advantage due to high early damage with just holding your breath, spamming smoke screen and hoping you get through certain packs.

Softcore:

DH/WZ/WD/Monk/Barb

But keep in mind, these are VERY close in terms of easiness and breaking through the acts.

Hardcore?

Witch Doctor and Monk seem to be the best solo classes with Wizard coming in third. Demon Hunters are basically useless in hardcore.

Monk/WD/Barb/WZ/DH

Barb and WZ are honestly tied for third. Neither holding a true advantage over the other.
Edited by Squibz#1827 on 6/13/2012 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1st Monk : the best survivor

2nd Witch Doctor : Zombie wall a corridor or a door, watch things die....repeat
If they come close : Horrify, If you are endangered : Spirit Walk your way out.

3rd Demon Hunter : If you kill them first you wont be hit

4th Wizard : sub par demon hunter

5th Barbarian : needs top end equipment
Reply Quote
wronggggggggggggggg.

DH first - damage > survivability

Wizard - damage + more survivability

WD - crap ranged class. only works because ranged

Barb - best class in 30M gear. worst class otherwise.

Monk - can be good in 30M gear, okay in 5M gear
Reply Quote
wronggggggggggggggg.

DH first - damage > survivability

Wizard - damage + more survivability

WD - crap ranged class. only works because ranged

Barb - best class in 30M gear. worst class otherwise.

Monk - can be good in 30M gear, okay in 5M gear

you obviously dont know to play a WD.
Even with more 'defense' buffs the Wizard is less able to survive Inferno difficulty in comparison to WD for 4 reasons :

Grasp of the Dead : 80% slow rune

Zombie Wall : you can even stop butchers head rush! if enemies cant reach you, you win.

Fire Bats : with the 220% damage rune, its like Arcane Orb with Obliteration + Celestial Orb runes all into 1 skill (huge damage and pierces enemies)

Spirit Walk : Same thing as Smoke Screen (Bail out of anything), longer duration, longer cooldown
Reply Quote
I'm the best class
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]