Diablo® III

Vision Quest, is it a must for Inferno?

There is a great dagger for sale now in the AH for a few hundred thousand golds, it has mana regen, max mana and nice damage, and I am thinking of buying it.

However, I have to say, I hate Vision Quest. I constantly have to keep an eye on my bar, looking at which skill has no cd anymore, it's simply not fun. Also, having to resummon my pets and use the skill such as Spirit Walk all the time for the sake of Vision Quest is a big disadvantage, given the fact that I can not use these skills when I would really need them.

So the question is for those who are already farming Inferno, Is it enough if I build up a lot of max mana and mana reg from my gear only, choosing off-hand, weapon and woodoo mask items that give max mana and mana regen? In addition, I would have blood ritual with Spiritual Attunement.

Or as the fights are very long in Inferno, do I need to stick to Vision Quest for the sake of better damage?
Reply Quote
I do not use VQ at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUdXR!WVZ!aaZZba

This is the build I have been using for Inferno and I don't gear for max mana or mana regen.

My primary damage comes from PD: Splinters, and I've had no issues so far.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
That's the problem. Unless you take Vision Quest, you are stuck with blowing darts all day long. I hate the fact that Mana regen doesn't grow with your level but Mana cost does.
Reply Quote
Well, I will intend to use a bit more mana consuming skills, Zombie Bears and Locust Swarm.
Reply Quote
I do not use VQ at all.

This is the build I have been using for Inferno and I don't gear for max mana or mana regen.

do you go for more increase attack speed gear then?
Reply Quote
No you need your defence cooldowns off cooldown at the right times to actually be able to survive in inferno. You may be able to rice act 1 inferno with a VQ bear spam build, but have fun in act2+.
Edited by Arty#1434 on 5/23/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
VQ is great for Inferno Act 1 and awful for Inferno Act 2.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
well I'm in hell act 2 and I don't see how you could dominate AoE without Vision Quest. I like the idea of those Well of Soul builds, but tbh they're !@#$ compared to the real WD AoE
Reply Quote
I do not use VQ at all.

attack speed + veil + darts / bombs is a very legit high end build. tho, you need +mana reg on at least one item to be able to sustain it. I've topped 2,32 APS and starting to run oom. got a 1,4 APS weapon and I'm down to 2,1. Blood Ritual does also help (since you're a one shot anyway, jungle doesn't seem to be too useful).
Reply Quote

attack speed + veil + darts / bombs is a very legit high end build. tho, you need +mana reg on at least one item to be able to sustain it. I've topped 2,32 APS and starting to run oom. got a 1,4 APS weapon and I'm down to 2,1. Blood Ritual does also help (since you're a one shot anyway, jungle doesn't seem to be too useful).

thanks!
Reply Quote
Btw, Hamster, my name also means hamster in Hungarian :P
Reply Quote
Stopped using VQ act 4 of Hell...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZkURj!XWV!caZZZY

CC-machine build for optimum Inferno kiting. My Wiz friend and I usually have all 5 stacks of Neph buff in 30 mins.
Reply Quote

This. Speed + Veil + Dart/Bombs has been amazing for me. Allows you to save the rest of your 4 slots for defensive CDs and your passives for survivability / damage instead of mana regeneration.
Reply Quote
If you don't want to run away shooting darts forever VQ is a requirement.

I don't know why people get so angry when you use VQ in a build when majority of the population is running around spamming darts for hours.

Darts makes me want to go to sleep when I use them.
Reply Quote
If you don't want to run away shooting darts forever VQ is a requirement.

I don't know why people get so angry when you use VQ in a build when majority of the population is running around spamming darts for hours.

Darts makes me want to go to sleep when I use them.

Any different then spamming bears/bats for hours?

Problem with VQ builds in inferno is that you have no real defensive ability.

I find it takes me (in all honesty) a matter of seconds longer to clear packs of mobs then it did when I tried VQ bats/bears. The benefit to a non-VQ build is I have a far lower chance of getting facestomped by teleporters/vortexers because my defensives are available when I need them.

In fact, running solo, you can clear packs of mobs faster with Haunt + LS and PtV then with Bats/Bears due to not having to rely on positioning/aiming. And you still don't need VQ to do it.
Edited by Gathnarius#1153 on 5/23/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]