Diablo® III

Need New Gaming Desktop

Hi, I need a new gaming desktop (hence the title). The desktop needs to be premade, and able to run most games coming coming out for a few years to come, and play most current games on High settings. I am willing to spend more than $1,000, but I would like to stay below about $1,700. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Paladin
See this guide:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139

Then go customize a pre-built PC with a similar spec that fits your budget AND your needs. Even if you won't build it, the guide (especially TLDR example builds further down) will help you maximize the performance, and minimize the waste.
Reply Quote
Thank's for the link, but
The desktop needs to be premade

So, any recommendations?
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Paladin
Did you not see the second part? I said you can take the hardware specs recommended, then build a pre-built PC through places like iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/23/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been pretty happy with ava direct, although there's a lot of similar companies who are excellent as well if you don't want a one size fits all machine, but also don't want to build it yourself.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Kalganized
Did you not see the second part? I said you can take the hardware specs recommended, then build a pre-built PC through places like iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC.

I've seen too many problems with IBuyPower and CyberPowerPC to really recommend them any longer. They're cheap for a reason, and if someone is buying a prebuilt machine even an easily fixed problem like a disconnected PEG connector might be beyond their ability to troubleshoot.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 06:42 PMPosted by RayvinAzn
if someone is buying a prebuilt machine even an easily fixed problem like a disconnected PEG connector might be beyond their ability to troubleshoot.

Not everyone who buys prebuilt does so because they can't build one. Some do so because they can't be bothered to do so anymore. Certainly your evaluation will be correct to a percentage of pre-built buyers, but I'd argue if buying from the specialized shops, it's probably a much smaller percentage than it would be if they were buying from (say) dell or something.
Reply Quote

Not everyone who buys prebuilt does so because they can't build one. Some do so because they can't be bothered to do so anymore. Certainly your evaluation will be correct to a percentage of pre-built buyers, but I'd argue if buying from the specialized shops, it's probably a much smaller percentage than it would be if they were buying from (say) dell or something.

The people that aren't bothered to do so anymore will generally know better than to go with a cut-rate builder like CyberPowerPC or IBuyPower. Most of their customers are likely people who have never built a machine before and are looking for an affordable, usually flashy gaming rig.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]