Diablo® III

Seven-Sided Strike Cooldown Needs To Go

It just simply does. If you compare Meteor to 7ss, Meteor wins every time.

Besides, this is the game guide's own description of the monk's resource:

"To defeat the inhuman evils they pit themselves against, monks draw upon inner reserves of Spirit, a resource that reflects their personal mastery and training.

Spirit replenishes slowly. It is generated in two ways – by specific skills and attacks, and by the completion of combos. Monks who chain their attacks carefully can continue a near-endless barrage of Spirit-fueled strikes.

Spirit is a valuable resource, but massive expenditures of this force allow a monk to call upon potent dodges and defensive moves, as well as monster-slaying finishing strikes.

Thanks to monks’ physical perfection and martial talent, they are free to deliver as many empowered strikes as their Spirit pools will allow – without waiting for ability ‘cooldowns.’"

The gimmicky part about how 7ss does '777' weapon damage is not worth balancing the skill such that we can't use it when available. Balance it to do the correct amount of weapon damage and cost the correct amount of spirit so that we can use it without a CD... going along with this, Sustained Assault is a pretty flavourless rune effect that doesn't 'feel' right, especially considering this description of how the monk is supposed to work from the game guide.
Reply Quote
It makes you invincible during the animation. Yes, lets make it have no cooldown!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
At least a lower cooldown, imo we really do not have any good attack skills worth wasting so much spirit on instead of just spamming defensive skills.
Reply Quote
Even with zero cds, i doubt we will be able to spam it 24/7.
so its actually a good idea.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Agreed, also whats up with attack skills taking so much spirit? i mean wtf?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:09 PMPosted by bluewolf
Spirit replenishes slowly. It is generated in two ways – by specific skills and attacks, and by the completion of combos. Monks who chain their attacks carefully can continue a near-endless barrage of Spirit-fueled strikes.

This is what's interesting to me. If there really was a good spirit bonus for chaining different skills together, that would be really fun. As far as I can tell, there is no such thing at all.
Reply Quote
hmm helmet that gives me +2 spirit regen
weapon with +2 spirit regen
+2 spirit regen passive

fists of thunder (quickening)
wind pet
seven sided all day

oh im low on spirit?
breath of heaven(with +spirit regen)

be invincible forever.
Edited by Slickizzy#1463 on 5/23/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They wont touch it. If you haven't played inferno then you won't know. Currently i have been stacking attack speed to increase damage, as a side effect you also drastically increase the rate at which you increase spirit. If you run the Air ally, have gear with spirit regen, you won't run out, you won't get hit you will solo all the things.

Free GG on a class that isn't a mage and isn't going to be nerfed or buffed? I don't think so.
Reply Quote
oh im low on spirit?
breath of heaven(with +spirit regen)

be invincible forever.

Which one is it? Invincible forever or low on spirit and have to BoH?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/23/2012 09:23 PMPosted by cowdisciple

This is what's interesting to me. If there really was a good spirit bonus for chaining different skills together, that would be really fun. As far as I can tell, there is no such thing at all.

Combination Strike? Like, you're not serious right? If you haven't played with Combination Strike you don;t know what your missing out on. I've been playing around with it, using FoT+Lightning Flash, Crippling Wave+Concussion & Breaking Wave, and WotHF+Windforce Flurry.

The damage is just silly, on the last hit in particular. +34% damage on Windforce's 3rd strike(the only reason I use it, really). Comboing in the proper order is a pain but I'm getting better at it. When it works right, stuff in Hell that was challenging just melts w/o even touching me. If I use Concussion, I'm up to nearly 92% mitigation vs all.... with really cruddy gear. When Windforce goes off on that 3rd strike and I see a chain of 18k hits with a few 30k crits, it makes my heart open up with joy.

No, I still haven't tried it in Inferno yet. I really, honestly think this is the kind of thing that we're supposed to be doing to make it there, though. I just need to upgrade a few pieces of gear in the right way before I try it. Maybe it'll be garbage... but +20% mitigation, +16% dodge, +24% damage + Windforce Flurry doesn't seem that bad... we'll see soon. ;P
Reply Quote
The easy fix to the invincible thing is to just not make the monk invincible during the animation...shouldn't be too hard to do...
Reply Quote
It should at the very least have the same cooldown as Serenity. The increased cost and the fact that you cannot regain the Spirit needed to cast it in the duration of the skill is enough to balance it in my oppinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]