Diablo® III

Demon Hunter glow in eyes

90 Night Elf Rogue
Are there any lore based reason because the eyes of the Demon Hunter have that eerie glow that is not present in any other class? Aesthetically I like the idea, but I was wondering if there is something else that could explain this trait.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 12:07 AMPosted by PrimeJustice
why does ur portrait has the glow eyes?

Cause he's an elf.
Reply Quote
its because the demon hunters tamper with dark magic
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Zix

I would agree with this; we know from their design that they use the demons own power but remain uncorrupted by it.
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Zygaro

I would agree with this; we know from their design that they use the demons own power but remain uncorrupted by it.

Humans ARE corrupted by demons. Humans were created by an angel and demon. They have both demonic and angelic power within them.
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 07:26 PMPosted by AscendedOne

Humans ARE corrupted by demons. Humans were created by an angel and demon. They have both demonic and angelic power within them.

Being the descendant of someone corrupt doesn't make you corrupt. You're mixing things here -- while it's true that nephalem have the potential of extreme evil or good, corruption is a different subject here, since we must talk in terms of individuals to adress it. So no, humans (nepahlem) are not essentialy corrupted but can BE corrupted. Demon Hunters have learned how to use demonic power without getting corrupted by it themselves.
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Zygaro
Being the descendant of someone corrupt doesn't make you corrupt. You're mixing things here -- while it's true that nephalem have the potential of extreme evil or good, corruption is a different subject here, since we must talk in terms of individuals to adress it. So no, humans (nepahlem) are not essentialy corrupted but can BE corrupted. Demon Hunters have learned how to use demonic power without getting corrupted by it themselves.

It would depend on how you refer to being corrupt. All humans have both angelic and demonic blood within them. This is corruption at it's roots, but it is not the fullest potential of their corruption. I don't believe it is even possible for any human to be born without corruption. It is not as significant as the cultists or anything along those lines, but it is none the less there. Demon Hunters are corrupted by hatred and a desire for vengance, they have not however completely given in to their demonic roots.
Edited by Ascendedone#1637 on 7/5/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They're fueled with hatred.
Reply Quote
Didn't they have something about this in the DH short story? I'm not sure if it should be taken as canon or even if I remember it correctly, but It has something about their link to the demons (They can peek into the mind of demons in the same way as demons peek into the minds of human).

Don't quote me on this but maybe someone who read it recently can confirm :p
Reply Quote
As the developer's put it; they wanted the character to be dark. Their demon hunters have glowing eyes, because when you see them -- they wanted you to feel like the demon hunters might be dabbling in some arcane/dark magics as well as their ranged devices, traps, and explosives. I'm paraphrasing of course, but the short version -- they wanted the demon hunters to be a bit supernatural, hinting at a magical presence in their methods.
Reply Quote
They are dark and stuff until you take that hood off. Any other helmet POOF no glowing eyes anymore.
Reply Quote
View profile
because of hatred.
Reply Quote
simply cuz it looks cool
Reply Quote
Rule of cool baby
Reply Quote
I'd say they take some turns that angels would not. They mimic their prey (to a degree) in order to understand them more and hunt them down easier. Glow in the eyes and several abilities would substantiate that. (Shadow Power, Nether Tentacles rune, some of the companions, etc.)
Reply Quote
I'm guessing its due to the fact that humans in the diablo world are nephalem (offspring of angels and demons), unlike other classes mastering different magics and techniques, demon hunters train and are trying to tap into the powers of their lineage. Since they do not possesses pure angelic or demonic powers, they wield a more twisted form of abilities encompassing both extremes. For example shadow power grants hunters wings similar to that of angels but it is fueled by demonic energies while companion allows hunters to summon animals that are twisted by dark powers.

I don't think there's much angelic about it. Yeah, Shadow Power gives them "angelic" wings, but that's the only thing that has any tie to angels. Plus, how are ferrets twisted by dark powers? Sure, they can attack, but they can do that anyway. And 10% goldfind bonus could be explained by a curious nature of ferrets. Going to get gold for you? They're trained. The only dark thing in the equasion is the Demon Hunter.

It's possible it's something from a demon though. Just read the DH short story yesterday, and it's when she looks into the demon that she gets glowy eyes. It's theoretically possible not all DHs get the burning eyes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]