Diablo® III

Recommendations to affordable items for monk

My monk character has been dying badly in Hell difficulty. I am stuck at Act 2 and I don't think I could get through it any time from now. I am currently on level 56. I played several public games and most of the time all my allies and myself died together when fighting mini-bosses.

What are the affordable items a monk at level 56 should use? I am saying affordable because I can hardly even earn 100k gold in a day. It took me an entire day, almost like 20hours of play, to get earn 200k gold and bought a Logan's Claw from the Auction House. I thought it was a legendary item and should do pretty well on my character. However, it only improved by a little; I am still dying all the time.

My monk has around 22,000 life and 3500 DPS now. I am using a Logan's Claw and a Demon's Claw. My other items are pretty ordinary but they add a lot to my life, which otherwise wouldn't have reached 22,000.

So, again, what are some recommendations to affordable items for a monk at level 56, struggling badly in Hell difficulty?
Reply Quote
It sounds like you're focusing too much on DPS instead of survivability. At Hell/Inferno levels, you will find the Monk's weaknesses emerging: no spirit regen and healing that doesn't scale. You need to take this into account and transition toward more effort to stay alive and getting every drop of spirit regen you can from your gear and rotation. Unfortunately, this probably means a shield in your offhand and more use of defensive passives.

Welcome to the Monk.
Reply Quote
What build are you using?

I think it may be a build issue and not a gear issue, your gear seems fine, another question would be what do your resistances look like. I am level 55 and have almost hte same DPS and HP as you and I haven't really had an issue in act II hell.

I will admit though for gold I have been doing azmodan nightmare runs, and got 90k gold last night in the span of an hour and a half.
Reply Quote
Look for Life Leech or Life on Hit for weapons, they will keep you alive.

When looking for armor, I usually have my filters set to Dex, Vit, and Cold resist (what I happened to use for OWE) and grab stuff that's less than 60k. I've grabbed a few level 54 pieces for as low as 20k.

I was struggling in A2 hell until I bought some Life of Hit gear. If you're around I can show you have I have for gear in-game.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 07:19 AMPosted by InBobWeTrust
I was struggling in A2 hell until I bought some Life of Hit gear. If you're around I can show you have I have for gear in-game.

I agree with this statement, I threw a perfect square amthyst in my weapon for health, and my passive is the one that gains health per spirit used, with breath of heaven/serenity/mantra of healing
Reply Quote
http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=thu1kyh8y8osf4eyh6za.jpg

My current stats. I find Transcendence pointless. As you can see I have 38k hp. At best, sweeping wind which costs 75 spirit will net me about 4.5k hp. Pretty much all the heals/potions now are for less than 20% of my hp, so I had to search for other methods of keeping myself alive.

I use MoH for the resist bonus mostly, serenity for the immunity, and BoH for the damage bonus.

Being able to heal 500+ hp/s just by attacking I find is much more useful and the other skills are for when I'm too low to stand in melee at the moment.
Edited by InBobWeTrust#1763 on 5/24/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 07:19 AMPosted by InBobWeTrust
Look for Life Leech or Life on Hit for weapons, they will keep you alive.

My Logan's Claw has life leech for every hit. It adds about 180 life for every hit made. However, the leech seems miserable because the hits from the monsters in hell do far more damage than the leech can help me to recover. :(

How much leech should be reasonable? And from what items or weapons can I accumulate the kind of 500+ life leech that you have? It sounds really cool to me to have 500+ life leech.
Edited by enforcer#2461 on 5/24/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
enforcer this is when you also need to start learning how to kite and pick your battles carefully. No more run up to mobs and sit and tank... you have to learn to hit-'n-run and utilize skills to their fullest when they're available. This will help tremendously.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:09 AMPosted by MattieBoy131
you have to learn to hit-'n-run and utilize skills to their fullest when they're available. This will help tremendously.

Yes. Some champ packs I can just stand there and take their abuse. Others like Arcane Enchanted Desecrator Molten I have to run around a lot avoid the death lasers and such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]