Diablo® III

Passive skill not working bug

It appears there is an inherent bug in the passive skill selection system.

It appears that sometimes when changing passive skills, the skill doesn't take effect. I've been able to reproduce this in town and out of town, even when the cooldown for changing the skill has finished. It only appears to happen when you change more than one passive skill at a time.

Here is a generic example of how to reproduce the bug:

1) Open skill panel
2) Select a passive skill to change (for my tests I changed the 2nd slot)
3) Change that slot to the desired skill
4) WITHOUT going back to the skill selection page, click another passive skill slot at the top of the page (for my tests I changed the 1st slot next)
5) Select a skill for that slot
6) Notice that (for this example) the 2nd slotted skill works, but the 1st slotted passive skill never takes effect.

I was running around for quite some time before I noticed that some of my passive skills weren't working, so I imagine a lot of people are having this problem and might not even know it.

WORKAROUND: The current workaround appears to be to only change one passive skill at a time (and go back to the skills page before selecting another). All passive skills seem to work then.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this. I noticed my Unforgiving skill wasn't working, and it started after switching 2 at a time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]