Diablo® III

I was hacked... what now?

I just logged in today after work to find that I have no items on my main character and no gold at all.

What do I do now?
Reply Quote
When I call customer service and go through all the directories I eventually get "currently our phone queue is full and we cannot take your call" followed by disconnect.

Love it. What a waste of time this game is.
Reply Quote
not only you, dude my items lost too after 1 update when I just wake up.
Reply Quote
I was also a victim of this failure of a security system. :(
Reply Quote
Reset your password and re-roll. Works every time.
Reply Quote
Did you ever buy gold?

I'm just curious.
Reply Quote
Customer service will only give you 2 lifetime resets on the account, because according to blizzard, Diablo 3 is not an Online Game. Blah!
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 04:02 PMPosted by CaptRobman
Customer service will only give you 2 lifetime resets on the account, because according to blizzard, Diablo 3 is not an Online Game. Blah!
The game being online has nothing to do with people getting their accounts hacked.

So much ignorance, so much complaining. It's delicious seeing the vocal gamer mentality these days. Unable to take responsibility for themselves, and always looking to blame anyone but themselves.

But alas, people will be people no matter how hard we try to make them evolve through the power of science. A brain is something that is still so new, so fragile and so underused.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Reformat your computer and reinstall all your programs from scratch. Including an anti-virus program.
Reply Quote
Go over these articles:

http://us.battle.net/en/security/help
http://us.battle.net/en/security/checklist

Make sure to change all of your passwords, both your Battle.net and associated email account's passwords. Perhaps even change the email account associated with your Battle.net account.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Alas,

So much ignorance, so much complaining. It's delicious seeing the vocal gamer mentality these days. Unable to take responsibility for themselves, and always looking to blame anyone but themselves.

But alas, people will be people no matter how hard we try to make them evolve through the power of science. A brain is something that is still so new, so fragile and so underused.

You're right. I should constantly format my computer and diligently scan for spyware every hour so I can play a video game. Makes perfect sense.

More likely though, I will just quit playing the game. A gear-grind game where you can lose all your gear and any time is not a great time.
Reply Quote

People like you... I hope you get hacked.

I was also hacked, and I can tell you it has nothing to do with lack of responsibility or a brain for that matter.

Blizzard can deny that it's nothing on their end all they want but that's not possible. The only way I could have been hacked is due to security issues with blizzard or battlenet.
Reply Quote
Alas,

You're right. I should constantly format my computer and diligently scan for spyware every hour so I can play a video game. Makes perfect sense.

More likely though, I will just quit playing the game. A gear-grind game where you can lose all your gear and any time is not a great time.
I scan my computer once a month, and can't remember the last time I reformatted. Last time I got hacked was about two years ago in WoW. Then I bought an Authenticator and have had no trouble since.

My computer is completely secure. My account was compromised. No other accounts I have were recently compromised. Blizzard made this game online only. If people had an option to play offline, they would not have been hacked. Use that brain of yours.

Online only has nothing to do with people being hacked. Should follow your own advice.
Edited by StraeHael#1992 on 5/24/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you ever buy gold?

I'm just curious.
Reply Quote
I just logged in today after work to find that I have no items on my main character and no gold at all.

What do I do now?

There is a webform you can fill out.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account

Don't contact CS via phone, they can't help you. It can take a few days for a response from Blizzard, but they will try to help you.
Reply Quote
There are a vast number of ways you could be compromised, a simple scan isn't going to magically find them all.

A broader knowledge of Account Security, seek you should.
Reply Quote

People like you... I hope you get hacked.

I was also hacked, and I can tell you it has nothing to do with lack of responsibility or a brain for that matter.

Blizzard can deny that it's nothing on their end all they want but that's not possible. The only way I could have been hacked is due to security issues with blizzard or battlenet.
Have only been hacked on any account, and that was two years ago. Since then I have been more cautious with my computer and guess what? Never hacked again, perhaps I'm just lucky. Or perhaps I just know how to be responsible for my account security like everyone else is supposed to be.

You're an ignorant scumbag for assuming all these people got phished or keylogged.
Just look at the amount of hacks mere days after release and you think all these people were keylogged? Go f yourself.
Yes I know that everyone is either being brute forced, phished or key-logged. Want to know how? This "incident" isn't anything new. It happens at the start of every expansion for WoW, and it happened for the release of Rift, Conan, etc.

Want to guess why this happens? Because people don't know how to take care of their account, but assume they are 100% safe and that they are doing everything right. Then they get hacked and it has to be someone elses fault (Even though there is no 100% way to make sure you never get hacked).
Edited by StraeHael#1992 on 5/24/2012 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]