Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Expansion!!!! (SPOILERS)

100 Night Elf Rogue
My speculations:

1) Leah's soul is trapped in the Black Soulstone with the demons.
2) Diablo's form was destroyed, not his soul.
3) Tyrael is now mortal, so Imperius will despise him more.
4) Adria will seek out the Black Soulstone to resurrect ALL the demons.
5) Then there's the demon and angel that created sanctuary. I forgot their names. But what
role will they have if they return?

So many possibilities....so many expansions....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Really Wonna see a necromancer Like in d2 come back in to the game as a Expansion class Or druid :)
Reply Quote
I just want to add that the expansion should go a little off the original prime evils and lesser evils. They should have Lilith destroyed (she was seen in Diablo 2) or Kabraxis slain, anything different from Andreil or Duriel.
Reply Quote
The ending of Act IV was very limiting, coming from Tyreal's perspective. Tyreal, the now Archangel of "Wisdom," made it appear as if evil was vanquished. But, that would be a contradiction to the stroyline. Because Diablo and the other evils are like you said never completley destroyed. I think the creators should have made a better ending. like the hero trapping the prime evil. Thus, allowing for Adria or whomever to come and release...or something of that nature. I just think the ending was way too limiting, and at the same time unlimiting.

All said, I believe Imperious shows evil characteristics. After watching the Wrath video on youtube. I think Imperious will finally show his true nature. Unlike the rest of the archangels he does stand out the most. He also goes agaisnt the angris cousel. When archangel hope said his action was sacrilidge.

all that said, i am anticipating a civil war between the angels or between nephalem and high heavens.
WE STILL DONT KNOW THE EFFECT OF THE WORLD STONES DESTRUCTION. i am guessing its that nephalem are now unrestricted in power. Hince, why a nephalem was able to kill the prime evil.....????? so many unasnwered questions. A book is needed and more cinematics please in the expansion.
Reply Quote
My speculations:

1) Leah's soul is trapped in the Black Soulstone with the demons.
2) Diablo's form was destroyed, not his soul.
3) Tyrael is now mortal, so Imperius will despise him more.
4) Adria will seek out the Black Soulstone to resurrect ALL the demons.
5) Then there's the demon and angel that created sanctuary. I forgot their names. But what
role will they have if they return?

So many possibilities....so many expansions....

i didnt think of 3 good thought
Reply Quote
Classes: Druid - you need another returning character for some nostalgia plus it works out as we don't have a true shape shifter right now.

Rouge or Amazon - We need another ranged class. Demon Hunter is the only one right now.

Items: Obviously add a slue of new items. Add something like runes again. Those were fun and added another currency to the game. More sets.
Reply Quote
If you're going to comment on this thread please at least have listened to all the story and lore present in D3 before commenting. So many things people are talking about are incorrect or answers they'd like to see have already been given.

***POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS***

For one thing, the nephalem are the offspring of angels and demons, thereby having the ability to be both good and evil. The worldstone was used to limit the power of the nephalem, essentially creating humans as we know them. With the worldstone destroyed, that limitation was removed and the player character is an example of the nephalem returning to the world.

The souls of the prime evils aren't unkillable either...or at least they weren't before D3. By smashing their soulstones in the hell forge you eternally banished them to the abyss but this was retconned (rather clumsily I might add) in order to bring Diablo back for D3.

Now if the black soulstone follows the old soulstone rules, the souls of the 7 evils should have gone back in it. If that's the case and they base an expansion on Adria or someone else getting their hands on it after it fell from heaven, then that would be one of the worst plot developments I have ever seen come out of a blizzard game. Every single angel should have been trying to grab that soulstone or at the very least not have tossed diablo off the balcony. It makes no sense why they let it plummet and if blizzard bases on expansion on that then that's just poor storytelling.

Now I don't know about anyone else but I do NOT want to see Leah come back. One important thing that separates the diablo from WoW is that death actually means something. Sure you have skeletons rising up but the skeleton king coming back isn't the same as leoric himself coming back. When the first diablo was killed, albrecht died. When the 2nd was killed, the dark wanderer died. Please keep Leah dead to preserve the last bit of dark storytelling in the diablo series. The more people you bring back the more meaningless you make death.

If there are 2 expansions, I'd bet that one involves adria and the remaining forces of hell as the enemy, and the other involves fighting angels; namely imperious and malthiel. As much as I don't want Leah to come back, knowing blizzard story writers I suspect the end of adria's expansion will be you killing adria and somehow trading her soul for Leah's, thus bringing her back.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
If you're going to comment on this thread please at least have listened to all the story and lore present in D3 before commenting. So many things people are talking about are incorrect or answers they'd like to see have already been given.

***POTENTIAL PLOT SPOILERS***

For one thing, the nephalem are the offspring of angels and demons, thereby having the ability to be both good and evil. The worldstone was used to limit the power of the nephalem, essentially creating humans as we know them. With the worldstone destroyed, that limitation was removed and the player character is an example of the nephalem returning to the world.

The souls of the prime evils aren't unkillable either...or at least they weren't before D3. By smashing their soulstones in the hell forge you eternally banished them to the abyss but this was retconned (rather clumsily I might add) in order to bring Diablo back for D3.

Now if the black soulstone follows the old soulstone rules, the souls of the 7 evils should have gone back in it. If that's the case and they base an expansion on Adria or someone else getting their hands on it after it fell from heaven, then that would be one of the worst plot developments I have ever seen come out of a blizzard game. Every single angel should have been trying to grab that soulstone or at the very least not have tossed diablo off the balcony. It makes no sense why they let it plummet and if blizzard bases on expansion on that then that's just poor storytelling.

Now I don't know about anyone else but I do NOT want to see Leah come back. One important thing that separates the diablo from WoW is that death actually means something. Sure you have skeletons rising up but the skeleton king coming back isn't the same as leoric himself coming back. When the first diablo was killed, albrecht died. When the 2nd was killed, the dark wanderer died. Please keep Leah dead to preserve the last bit of dark storytelling in the diablo series. The more people you bring back the more meaningless you make death.

If there are 2 expansions, I'd bet that one involves adria and the remaining forces of hell as the enemy, and the other involves fighting angels; namely imperious and malthiel. As much as I don't want Leah to come back, knowing blizzard story writers I suspect the end of adria's expansion will be you killing adria and somehow trading her soul for Leah's, thus bringing her back.

I don't think Leah's character is over. However, her soul is still out there, as the DH character as well as the development team implies. It would be fail to bring her back as a mortal, but in some spiritual form, or perhaps as a demon(she is Diablo's offspring), it would be acceptable. Maybe a "good" demon!?(I could only accept that if it were done with much creativity.) As far as the angels grabbing the soulstone goes, it didn't remanifest itself until after Diablo disintegrated as he was falling and the angels were still unable to do anything.
Reply Quote
Tyrael is a bad guy in cahoots with Diablo.
Reply Quote
when Diablo dies and burns up.. his "soul" stone drops back to earth.. wtf happens to it? now that is the question.
Reply Quote
A real pet class, such as a beastmaster, it would be strength based (since there is only 1 strength based class currently). Pets would actually be viable throughout inferno mode.
Reply Quote
69 Undead Priest
If they make an expansion i would love new classes. Regardless of what they might be, its just the new gameplay that is so fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I figure we're gonna have to beat down some angels eventually, they did almost vote to wipe out humanity once before, what is stopping them from trying now that they see our potential power rivals their own?

Angels and Devils, the only real distinction between the two is what side of the line you stand on.
Reply Quote
Wait.

People actually played this game for the Story?

Well, whatever floats your boat I guess...
Reply Quote
108 Troll Hunter
I would like to see closure from the follower stories, ie Templers corrupt order, Scoundrels brother, and w/e the enchantress had going on. never paid attention to her.
Reply Quote
Before they make an expansion they have to make it past beta stage and make it actually... work...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]