Diablo® III

Able to skip quests on Inferno difficulty.

I'm a level 60 monk, I've cleared Hell and am progressing through Inferno. At the time I'm writing this post I have not yet killed the Skeleton King on Inferno. But for some reason I'm able to skip to some Inferno-difficulty quests that I've not yet reached.

I'll list in order what I need to do to create the bug:

1. Enter a public game, selecting any available quest from Hell difficulty. Since I am level 60, this means the last quest of act 2 through the last quest of act 4. Let's use "The Prime Evil" as an example.
2. Leave the public game.
3. Open the quest select menu for public games.
4. "The Prime Evil" is now a selectable option on Inferno difficulty and I can join that game.

I'm not sure what happened to make this bug appear in the first place - when I logged on earlier this evening the game was working normally.

Edit: can confirm that this bug also enables me to create a single player game that skips quests/acts.
Edited by Astatine#1377 on 5/25/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think I have the same bug. I just beated hell Diablo and joined a friend's game in Act 4. Now I can join Act 4 inferno games.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is now going to patch this too -,-
you guys better get waypoints fast before this gets patched
Edited by UNKNOWN#1508 on 5/31/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Confirm!
I found this bug too but I joined to my friend via "quick join" feature (public game anyway) who plays on nightmare-difficulty in 3 act. And when I open public games again, I was on the same quest as my friend but in inferno where I half-completed 1 act only. Now I've got 1 act and some quests in 3 act on inferno.
Edited by Okarin#2323 on 5/31/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks to you dumbass!!! Blizzard is now going to patch this too -,-
whatever man i got all the waypoints to act 4 so all you guys who didnt get the waypoitns yet
you guys better do it fast before blizzard patches this

Thanks to people like you, internet gaming has a chance to summon 'Annoying Little Child' each time I enter some game's lobby.

Seriously though, this may not be a bug. This may be a design idea that Blizzard had decided on so players were not completely stuck until they rushed their friends up. It might be wise to limit this to the same Act, but I dunno. I only play duo atm.

-Hate
Reply Quote
You are not supposed to announce this on a blizzard forum.

This is a great glitch that allows people to skip things they arent strong enough for yet.

But then again.. I question whether it is even a glitch or its been put there deliberately.

Either way... Dont get it removed please -.- means easy farming for us...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]