Diablo® III

9600M GT frame-rate with external display

I just started playing but with my external display hooked up, and what I am noticing is for the first time I am getting bouncing frame-rates on the 9600M GT. I had noticed some posts about it being difficult and I remember this being the case for Starcraft 2 as well (bouncing frame-rate). However I have not experienced this while my external display is hooked up over a Mini DisplayPort -> VGA adapter. Unfortunately I do not have another display adapter I could use to try this with to see if it common with other adapters.

I am running dual display on my Macbook Pro, specs below:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0647
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3437
gMux Version: 1.7.3
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Normally the display connector is hooked up to a 1920x1080 display.
Reply Quote
I have an the same Mac but a Mini-Display port to HDMI. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
Reply Quote
You will have to hook it up to another display and have a look, if you need my D3Prefs.txt: http://cl.samdmarshall.com/GwIF

I normally average 25-30 frames, sans the external display it is bouncing between 8 and 50 (the cap I set).
Reply Quote
Just tried it with mine and I got a lot more gameplay out of it than usual. Made it from end of Act 2 to Act 3. Game froze and crashed at beginning of act 3 when you get into your first real firefight. Got about 9-16 FPS during gameplay over 150 during cutscenes and in town (Act 2) got a steady 20 FPS. Overall help duration but not overall performance.
Reply Quote
OK, back with my external monitor setup, and I can confirm that I no longer see bouncing framerate, it is a consistent 30 now, sometimes even 40. I see it bouncing between 8 and 50 if I unplug the second display. This is reproducible in both fullscreen and windowed mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]