Diablo® III

Blizzard Admits the AH affects Drop Rates

(Locked)

Agreed, this is a SCAM.

It doesn't matter how good we are or how much we play.
05/29/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Quarthon
And I've found 3 legendaries in less play time. Please tell me how we're all being cheated. Random loot is random.

I found 4 legendary is the last 3 nights. Two in Whimsyshire, and the first one dropped in the first group of mobs i killed there within a minute of loading in.

All my gear i found myself. Will not and never did use the Auction house in D2 or D3.

I should add to that post that the legendary are pretty much craaap. The best items so far by percentage are really nice Blues.
To be honest it's quite smart, since controlling inflation/deflation from the gold supply is far more complicated, controlled scarcity fo items brings back some balance to the economy.
Maybe i have just been unlucky but out of maybe 500+ rares maybe one or two of them have been useful to me and almost none of them are worth anything on the auction house either.

Whether by design i cant say but i cannot progress in inferno without grinding for gold to buy items off the auction house (which are priced in the millions which will take me weeks to acquire just one of). That doesn't sound like much fun.
So basically if AH prices start dropping so will the the amount of drops.
At least people will still buy them for ridiculous rices, no matter how terrible they are.
19 Draenei Paladin

Obviously everyone wants the best gear possible as quickly as possible, and us attempting to mediate that through design that takes all factors into account is not always going to be a popular notion.

It's sad to me to see that this is the attitude of Blizzard regarding drops.

NO! I don't want the best gear possible as quickly as possible. I want to play through the game at my pace, and find cool stuff at my own pace. Maybe trade with my friends or venture into a trading game if I find something really good that I can't use.

What I don't want is to go through the game knowing that whatever drop I get has nearly 100% chance of being useless to me because I can get something better in the auction house and it's only going to cost me a few thousand gold.

Drop rates and the auction house have ruined a very big part of Diablo for me, which is finding cool stuff from the demons that I'm slaying.
im here to troll since i dont agree with you. that seems to be trolling to you. you have way too much emotionally invested in a video game and the level of nerd rage you contain is monumental. you are not forced to use the ah. i dont and i wont. yet somehow i can still play the game. care to explain that?

my brother found a legendary in the first act on launch night, i found one a few days later. maybe the server knows youre an entitled whiner and is also trolling you?
Edited by Kahless01#1433 on 5/29/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Poor Blizzard, has to answer to silly threads like this.
64 Blood Elf Hunter
dude,

The game isn't about gear other than that you need gear to serve the purpose of progression

Gear isn't an end to itstelf.

The game is about killing monsters enough to get through an almost impossible difficulty (not impossible for everyone, particularly those adept enough at the market part of the game to gear up)

I won't argue with anyone that says the AH isn't a major part of the game.... it is. You can circumvent it if you want to take much longer and get incredibly lucky on drops. You can conceivably trade player to player among friends who are either playing different classes or have just as good items for the slot who might want something you alos have an alternative for....but really the AH has been a major method of progression and those canny enough and who enjoy it have a big advantage.

Its not the only advantage.. You also have to have moderately decent mouse skills and abilty to recognize patterns and animations and move accordingly. Most do telegraph early so they don't require the fastest of fastest twitch muscles but do require almost contant reaction and mouse movement at a pace based on 1/2 seconds, not mili-seconds
90 Worgen Priest
The fact that Bashiok had to come here and explain this is effing sad.

Irl, people don't have to go to the grocery store to buy food. They can grow their own vegetables and raise their own chickens and pigs. Will they get to eat steak or exotic fruits that they don't raise or grow themselves? No. Self-sustenance isn't for everyone.

Except that this is a video game. i.e. It's called Farmville, not GroceryStoreVille.
Edited by enO#1807 on 5/29/2012 1:46 PM PDT
View profile
05/29/2012 01:42 PMPosted by sme
Poor Blizzard, has to answer to silly threads like this.

They do have to respond but should have posted the info in a new message than respond to an obvious troll attempt.
Maybe i have just been unlucky but out of maybe 500+ rares maybe one or two of them have been useful to me and almost none of them are worth anything on the auction house either.

Whether by design i cant say but i cannot progress in inferno without grinding for gold to buy items off the auction house (which are priced in the millions which will take me weeks to acquire just one of). That doesn't sound like much fun.

I know I'm in this exact same boat and imagine many others are as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]