Diablo® III

Reimbursement for time lost

So, how do we get reimbursed for the time lost due to buying a single player game that we can't play? This isn't an MMO, I should have been able to play the game OFFLINE today, instead I've taken a day off work that is lost real money due to Blizzard's lack of foresight and planning.

Single player games should not "break" because servers are offline.

How btw do I play this game when I travel? When I'm on a plane or in a hotel with no Internet?

As consumers we shouldn't have to put up with this and these online requirements designed to promote additional online purchases and tracking of player activities. It's a single player game, not an mmo, and the events of today should never have happened. And I'm sure it's not over.

How are we going to be reimbursed for our time Blizzard? Are you going to pay back a days salary?
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warrior
And why exactly should blizzard reimburse you because you were dumb enough to call off of work to play a game? That's your problem
Reply Quote
As consumers we shouldn't have to put up with this and these online requirements designed to promote additional online purchases and tracking of player activities.

You're absolutely right! You don't have to! We won't stand for this! You need to contact your local constabulatory and file a complaint, telling them how Blizzard broke into your house, took 60$ from your wallet, and left a copy of Diablo III behind.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
i agree with mal... why would u take off work knowing that a brand new game that has come out where billions of people r going to play at once and expect the servers not to crash or have issues dude... the game is run online... every game is run online now where have u been?... not blizzards or anyone elses fault but your own for losing money based on ur stupidity... gg on u brah.
Reply Quote
What makes you think Blizzard owes you because of a decision you made? I bought the game too, but chose to go to work as usual...you chose to take a day off to play a game that millions of people have been waiting for for nearly 12 years and didnt happen to think that the servers might be a bit crowded...

hmmm........
Reply Quote
81 Goblin Rogue
Great idea buy a game that was announced online only then complain about it not having single player.
Edited by Uneedatank#1457 on 5/15/2012 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Sorry dude but this IS an mmo. 9 million people attempting to connect qualifies as "massive". You knew (or should have if you read up on the game at all) that it was a necessity to connect to their servers to play by yourself. If you didn't want to have to put up with that you shouldn't have gotten it.
But yeah, it's !@#$ty that you're unable to play a game you spent your hard earned money to play. I'm in that same boat with ya dude.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Hahahaha. Pathetic. Stop your whining and man up.
Reply Quote
Blizzard forced you to take a day off?
Reply Quote
SantiagoDrac is a tool :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard deserves a lot of crap for this rollout. At least negative feedback to a negative experience makes sense. Bringing up reimbursement for a game that's not even bound by subscription is frickin' stupid.

Taking off work is one's own priority and circumstantial. Blizzard doesn't owe you crap for your personal lost time. The fact that someone with that mentality was able to install a program on a PC makes me think computers got too easy to use.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Get a job that pays annual leave - battle net login prevents piracy, less qq and more find other hobbies
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:46 PMPosted by SantiagoDrac
hotel with no Internet

Pretty sure you're making that up.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
not every game (even some like diablo) are played online...with that being said, you took off work to play a game, that game also happens to be a blizzard game, which lets be honest, blizz hasnt ever had a problem free launch, ever. also it was clearly stated before its release that d3 would require internet connection, and you still bought it...so do something else for awhile. as frustrating as it is to not be able to play, you should have expected this. /end run-on sentence
Reply Quote
Complaining is one thing, I can certainly understand some people are upset.

But to say "instead I've taken a day off work that is lost real money due to Blizzard's lack of foresight and planning." is some of the most !@#-backwards logic I've read, lol.

If the power had gone out in your area, are you going to call the power company up and complain that they owe you something too?
Reply Quote
thats why i took the entire week off paid vacation. lol besides i have a lot of other things to do than to enter my password in over and over again... why is taking a day off a waste of ur money ? dont you do other things than just play games all day?
Reply Quote
Paid time off my man. It tends to make a big difference but I'm sure Blizzard will send you a sorry card for inconveniencing your super important life that they care about. If there's anyway to make your bad decision feel any better in your head, let me know.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/15/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Tydranar
Get a job that pays annual leave - battle net login prevents piracy, less qq and more find other hobbies

this game is already on torrent sites
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Well sorry you feel that way...but if you read the TOS note the part where you agreed.

BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE

Sad but true, you agreed to it and really you can't argue they owe you anything but a refund if you demand one and say you don't agree to the Terms of Service/Use anymore.

So screaming they should repay you for lost work time and the like is sorta silly when you don't take note of bits like that in the terms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]