Diablo® III

Reimbursement for time lost

100 Night Elf Druid
instead I've taken a day off work that is lost real money due to Blizzard's lack of foresight and planning.

How are we going to be reimbursed for our time Blizzard? Are you going to pay back a days salary?

I'd start with a call to the cops to tell them a employ from Blizzard held a gun to your head to make you take time of work to play there game.

You have to be f***ing joking to ask Blizzard to pay you for you for taking the day off to play a game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
LOL as if there arent already workarounds being done to play it without bnet servers. Wow has private servers and can be played single player with no internet connection. Diablo3 will be as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
hahaha really? fail
Reply Quote
Dude - seek professional help....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm sure they'll mail you your 20 bucks in time.

It should be our fault for signing up for a game ALL of us knew would require an internet connection to play.

Should it require it? Hell no. It's an amazing game TRUMPED by this server bull%@#.

But I'm hoping someday we can play without these stupid delays and shut downs.

Sadly since first impressions are so important in life, D3 has failed in this area.

Great game, poor DRM (as always).

Funny thing is Pirates are now gleefully playing the game on their own private servers while we're here waiting for the official company to post a fix for this. Makes you think if DRM isn't actually accomplishing to push people INTO piracy and not away from it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Not on the box, in the Terms of Service that you AGREE to before you can INSTALL the game... But this thread is passing the time!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What kind of a numbskull would think it would work on day 1?? I am not expecting to be able to actually play for at least 2 days after release. If OP had a brain he would have taken Friday off.
Blizz games never work the first day and sometimes not the second.

Same for new WoW exp packs. Wait a few days (around 2 weeks top) for the rush of new races (or race in this case) then go in a play them.
Reply Quote
i like cotton candy!
Reply Quote

BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE

Hmmm...it doesn't say that anywhere on my box.

It provided the ToS during the installation process. If you are like most people you probably ignored it and scrolled to the bottom just to install the game. You agreed to it when you installed the game.
Edited by MasterNewb#1975 on 5/15/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How are you gonna complain about Blizzard's irresponsibility when you fully took a day off work to play a damn game! You call it bad customer service, I call it KARMA!!
Reply Quote
Not every game is run online. Just moronic ones, everyone gets mad when Ubisoft or any other dev requires online activation DRM, but blizzard requires you to ALWAYS be connected, not just the first time and somehow it's okay.

Sure I'm mad about the game not working, play on EU or ASIA servers till they sort out NA. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, and you mouthbreathers shouldn't bash someone for speaking their mind on a very real issue. He makes valid points and your dismissal of "get over it nub lolololol" is childish and unproductive.
Reply Quote
Not every game is run online. Just moronic ones, everyone gets mad when Ubisoft or any other dev requires online activation DRM, but blizzard requires you to ALWAYS be connected, not just the first time and somehow it's okay.

Sure I'm mad about the game not working, play on EU or ASIA servers till they sort out NA. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, and you mouthbreathers shouldn't bash someone for speaking their mind on a very real issue. He makes valid points and your dismissal of "get over it nub lolololol" is childish and unproductive.

And the incessant whining from the 3 year old babies with dirty dipers is mature and productive? Give me a break.
Reply Quote
And then burn your house down, with the lemons!
Reply Quote
Is... Is this guy for real? Seriously. Get a life. I'm a bit pissed that D3 is online-only, but as previously stated, it says that right on the box (or in the sys reqs on the website, if you didn't get a box, even though you paid the same 60 bucks I did). So you really have no right to complain.

Also: you've clearly not been playing Blizzard games for very long. Again, as was already mentioned, Blizzard has never (and this is a long-standing tradition), EVER had a successful, on-time launch of an online title. Knowing that, I didn't pre-order, and I didn't buy on launch day. I bought it ten minutes ago and am downloading while you're !@#$%ing about not being able to play. So by the time I'm ready to go, the servers will be up and I'll be able to play.

You're hurting because you're stupid, not because Blizzard screwed you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Priorities man. Work comes before a game every time. You wouldn't have been able to obtain the game if it not for work. So there is your biggest problem. Secondly, your time is worthless. Blizzard does not owe you anything because you called out of work to play a game and you're stupid for thinking so. And the whole single player argument... seriously? EVERY game is technically single player with the ability to play with others if you so choose.
How btw do I play this game when I travel? When I'm on a plane or in a hotel with no Internet?

And this little QQ here... just sad. Many airlines have wifi capabilities. If you're in a hotel with no internet I am sure there is a signal you can pick up from a McDonalds or something. Besides, if you are traveling then why are you concerned about playing a game? You should be taking care of what ever it is you are traveling for.

To wrap this up, your whole post SantiagoDrac is completely ignorant and Blizzard doesnt owe you anything.
Reply Quote
reimbursement for a day of work is far but expecting some sort of compensation is not crazy or stupid. Its just practical business. When you upset a customer because you screwed up it is always good to offer them something small to make them happy.

Also it is far more then just the servers that are an issue for many people. I cant even install the game. Even after going through all the Tech support and even being on the phone with a tech for an hour trying all the work arounds nothing has even aloud me to install the game. I cant play the game whether the servers are function or not. It is not stupid to think that a game being released will work. I expected it to work or at least for me to be able to install it and play later tonight but at this point I am literally SOL I have no idea how long it will take them to fix this extremely messed up installation program they have failed to design properly. I give thanks to the tech guy though its not his fault and he did everything he could to try and fix their mistake it just didn't work.

Though I didn't have to take a day off work today is one of my days off I spent the whole day trying to get ahold of a tech support that couldn't even help me even though I have all of the requirements to play the game.

I am definitively upset and wouldn't mind a token of good faith from blizzard for the mistake they made that may keep me from playing the game for another week or more even after I have spent the 60 dollars for it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/16/2012 01:06 AMPosted by ARone
I am definitively upset and wouldn't mind a token of good faith from blizzard for the mistake they made that may keep me from playing the game for another week or more even after I have spent the 60 dollars for it.

Oh my... a week or more you say? That is dreadful...
You act like you will ONLY be able to play the game for the first few days of its release and never again. No where in the agreements you agreed to stated that Blizzard should compensate anyone because they cant play when they want to. If there was then people would want to be compensated for all the time they cant play during maintenance. Blizzard will repay you by working hard to fix all issues effecting the game. These fixes wont come instantly as the Diablo team must first locate the issues in a controlled environment, replicate them in every way possible, find a solution, code and apply the solution, attempt to replicate the issues with the solutions in place and if fixed then begin to apply it all to a patch/hotfix, all which takes a good amount of time. Yes it can be frustrating when things dont go your way but not everything will go your way.
Edited by Token#1114 on 5/16/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Oh my... a week or more you say? That is dreadful...
You act like you will ONLY be able to play the game for the first few days of its release and never again. No where in the agreements you agreed to stated that Blizzard should compensate anyone because they cant play when they want to. If there was then people would want to be compensated for all the time they cant play during maintenance. Blizzard will repay you by working hard to fix all issues effecting the game. These fixes wont come instantly as the Diablo team must first locate the issues in a controlled environment, replicate them in every way possible, find a solution, code and apply the solution, attempt to replicate the issues with the solutions in place and if fixed then begin to apply it all to a patch/hotfix, all which takes a good amount of time. Yes it can be frustrating when things dont go your way but not everything will go your way.

obviously things wont go my way all the time and I don't always expect to be able to play when I want to. However such a huge mistake should have been fixed or warned about before release. When you spend 60 dollars for a game you expect something... I got nothing. I am not asking blizzard to give me anything other then the game but again it is just smart business to make up for your mistakes.

I understand coding is complicated and takes time. however when you do this for a living and you have released so many games before it is usually smart to learn from your mistakes. Blizzard has failed on more then one occasion to learn from them so again I expected I might not get to play much for the first couple of days. Even expecting that I have no idea how long this fix will take and I cant play the game I paid in full for, for who knows how long. Honestly I bought a product that was misrepresented. It was advertised as a game that was in playable state. I bought a game that was not in a playable state and may take who knows how long to get it into a playable state, in order for me to simply install it.
Edited by ARone#1382 on 5/16/2012 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well, the game is in a playable state. You yourself may not be able to install or anything but others have. The game itself is not completely broken but instead individual components and maybe the consumer's equipment may cause issues. I myself was able to successfully download the digital copy and log in for a short time, although my experience was less than desirable with the choppiness and lag. But I am okay with that because I know that I will eventually be able to play the game flawlessly. May not be today but maybe tomorrow. All in all, eventually you too will be able to play without issues.

Technology can never and will never be perfect. Every piece of technology will break at some point. Just be glad that this particular game comes with a huge team of dedicated fellow gamers like you and I that busts their @$$es to bring us a awesome product. You could be playing a game like Duke Nukem that just completely fails at every turn with no one there to better the gaming experience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]