Diablo® III

Why is there no Diablo movie???

85 Human Priest
Dear Blizzard,

After reaching Act 2 and watching your in-game cinematics, I would pay dearly for an IMAX ticket to a Diablo saga done in your cinematic-game style on the big screen. Your computer graphics rendering are just an inch short of perfection. And the direction (so far in what I've seen) is really good! Worthy of several directors efforts in Hollywood ...

Is there any consideration being made at all for a full-length film? And not a live-actor film. One done in your particular style. That would rock hardcore!

Kudos to your rendering and art direction team for making a really great story. So far. :) Loving the game.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
just how there is is no warcraft movie yet after it was announced like 4 years ago
Reply Quote
i agree with this! make movies! i love it! :D
Reply Quote
Wut.

You seriously think this is a good story? I mean, it has cool aspects, but overall it is the most mind-numbing bit of silliness I've ever encountered.

All the villains do their thing in the background, randomly popping up to remind you of their antics while you were out doing something else, esstentially a 'nanny-nanny-boo-boo' situation. And then to have a new, weak baddie villain kill the most iconic character in the franchise while you just stand there (omnipresent, not actually in the room if you notice in the cutscene).

It really is bad writing.
Reply Quote
Wow movie will come first and then idk if they ever will make movies.
Reply Quote
The cinematics in Diablo 3 are probably the best thing in this game. I'd really love to watch a movie about the game, but I don't think it will ever be done since Blizzard is a game productor and not a realisator :p
Reply Quote
i think diablo would be an amazing movie i absolutely love the heaven and hell story...only problem i find is diablo 1 came out in like 96 or 97 i think most people would be kinda lost if they are just coming into the game or i know a lot of people only played 2 and honestly most people i know just skip right through the whole story which i could never do, warcraft not so much i could see that maybe being a tv series would be cool..i would see that more for kids tho.
Reply Quote
I would wager that the cinematics were mo-capped. Games like Diablo, in my opinion shouldn't be live action. Mo-capping, similar to Beowulf, would work much better.

Diablo universe lore is the best amongst any video game I've ever played or read on. I think a great film could be done on Diablo 1.
Reply Quote
If it was done with a good director and big budget LOTR style it could be awesome. Heck, a SC2 movie could be good too.
Reply Quote
sc2 movie comes first.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Talinor
I would pay dearly for an IMAX ticket to a Diablo saga done in your cinematic-game style on the big screen.

You clearly weren't taught the value of a dollar.
Reply Quote
I actually rather like the storytelling from Blizzard already. If they make a movie, then they can put more effort into the plot since they don't have to worry about gameplay. Hopefully, if they do come through with the WoW film, they'll prove to you naysayers that they can do it right.
Reply Quote
Although I too feel Blizzard's latest cinematic rendering is close to perfection, and a D3 movie would truly be a feast, can you imagine the workloads behind 120mins of awesome CG? Judging by experience it will take them bliz guys 2-5 years from announcement to finally polished and hit the theatre, with a slight chance of movie production being indifintely postponed.
And it will probably be a trilogy, with the last two movies requiring you to show you first movie stub in order to enter the theatre.

It is still a great idea! Not neccesarily have to be identical to any D3 act story. It could be a magnified side quest, like a trail to Xiansai or Ivgorod, anyplace not exploited enough. Or the entire quest for that Dirgest Gem! (on an unrelated note, "god" in Chinese is phonetically spelled as "Shen" ;)
Or even a race with Adria to acquire a Xel'Naga artifact. XD I can imagine the female wizard character says "This is Li-Ming, find Adria." In the first move trailer.

If the a D3 movie does come out, the action scenes will be one of the spotlights. Different classes using all their astonishing skills cooperatively. But I wonder which class will be cutoff, SINCE THERE CAN ONLY BE FOUR!
Seriously blizzard? Are you implying that hallways in D3 are half as wide as in D2?
Reply Quote
Even Wrath was amazing. It doesn't have to be ultra-realistic to convey messages and that one proved it.

Hire animators. The direction is important and you already have that. Whoever is the creative mind behind the Diablo cinematics is a damn genius.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]