Diablo® III

"Will my PC run D3?" READ THIS Before Posting

I already have a gaming desktop of my own which has no problem what so ever with D3 with my GTX 470. However I need to upgrade my current laptop so I am looking into one that can also play most my games on average graphics, they dont have to be amazing because I have my desktop for that I was just wondering how the specs from this laptop are for D3 hoping for some mid level graphics.

Processor 2.30GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.30GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM
Memory 8GB
Memory Type DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As long as monitor is at 1366x768, the laptop will play D3 well enough, but you shouldn't be paying more than $800 for that.
Reply Quote
Kalganized: I would just be playing on the laptop screen, if I have access to a monitor I will use my desktop. In regards to the price it is listed at 1099.99 however it is going on sale for about 150$ off and I get a 10% discount on top of it, here is the link to the rest of its specs http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?webid=749396&CatIds=66%2C67%2C3213&AffixedCode=WW&=&=&=

thanks again for the help
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately, Staples.ca won't let you see the details unless you provide Canadian ZIP code.

So you are getting the laptop for about $850ish in the end?
Reply Quote
If the money is right for you, I would get it. I bought an acer with that same graphics card and I can play D3 with everything on high, around 35 or 40 fps. Turn off shadows, and you will easily get 60 fps or more. My comp only has the Core i7-2670qm though, I'm not sure if your better processor will help with performance. Also my comp only has 4 gigs of ram. That computer should be a beast.

Oh and I paid 780$ for mine before tax.

Also, the specs on that site are off a little, its actually a 2 gig dedicated card, not 1 gig. Notebookcheck has it described as a "fast middle class graphics card". They have it listed in class 2 from 1 to 7. (one being the best possible, seven being the worst)
Edited by TheFinisher#1757 on 5/28/2012 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I did download CPU-Z, the readouts without running Diablo 3: Stepping is B; Revision is GO. I am guessing the two details don't change when the game runs. What does this tell you?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Robbie529:

Okay. Despite it being a G0 revision and you're seeing 71C, it means CPU is overheating pretty bad. GPU temperature is OK however.

I assume you got 72C under the "Core2Quad Q6600" reading in HWMonitor?

I would try the following:

Open up the side of the computer, blow out all the dust out there (don't use vacuum), and use a wet (but not dripping wet, obviously) cloth or something to get rid of the gunk/dust stuck on the GPU and CPU heatsink fans.

I would also ensure that your CPU's heatsink is held tight, and that once you clean out the dust/gunk inside the computer, do not cover the computer yet. Turn it on. Does the fan spin on it?

Also:

What power supply is it? Company name / Model?
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/28/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 08:48 AMPosted by DanLAX11
-AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

DanLAX11:It'll run D3, but you will have to minimize features which relies a lot on the CPU, as your CPU is ancient.

Okay but what do you mean by minimize features? Will it run smoothly on say medium?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Some of the graphics options rely on CPU (physics) and these will need to be toned down.
Reply Quote
I would like to clarify my understanding of why my game speed drops during large fights, even with the lowest graphics settings. If my understanding is correct, I would also like to see a point added to the OP about recommended storage drive speed. If I am mistaken about anything, please let me know.

So basically, instead of preloading data from your storage drive for a given area when you enter it as was done in Diablo II, Diablo III reads data for an area on an as-needed (on-the-fly) basis. The trade-off is shorter initial and overall loading time for a given area and longer (but hopefully not noticeable) loading time precisely when it is needed (for example, the sound a certain monster makes will be loaded when you get to it rather than when you enter the area it is in. This makes your storage drive speed a potential bottleneck when many things need to be loaded at once (mainly large fights). This is not likely a problem for people running Diablo III (specifically the .MPQ data files) on a SSD or on its own dedicated chunk of storage space. However, if you are running Diablo III on the same HDD as your operating system/other programs and you are experiencing game speed drops with a system that meets/exceeds the recommended system specs, your HDD is likely the bottleneck. Again please correct me if I am mistaken about this programming technique or anything else.

I am experiencing drops in game speed with minimum graphics settings primarily during large fights using the following system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX460
2 GB RAM
7200 RPM 500 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD (this is my only storage drive)

I try to close all background programs when playing. If enough people point at my processor as being slightly under the recommended Core 2 Duo speed, I will OC and try again, but I have not yet because I do not believe that that is the problem. I do not have enough RAM to make a virtual RAMdisk drive for dedicated MPQ storage while still having enough to run the game.

Yesterday, my game speed slowed down to a stop in a cave in act 2 nightmare and did not resume until my 39 hardcore monk was dead. Diablo 3 is nigh unplayable for me using minimum graphics settings on a system with the recommended specs that uses a single 7200 RPM HDD. My solution will be to buy a SSD and run Diablo III from it. If what I have said is correct, a note about storage speed/load should be added to the list of recommended system specifications.

(This post was originally intended as a reply for the following thread, listing minimum/recommended system specifications, which reached its post limit, so instead I posted it here. I am hoping a Blizzard team member will see this.)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4365746905#new-post
Reply Quote
PS: Tawnee Stone, I love your videos. <3
Reply Quote
windows edition: windows vista
processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10GHz
memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit operating system
Wont download, need help!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You didn't tell us your graphics card. That said, your system is severely outdated.
Reply Quote
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Needs a new graphics card at minimum to have D3 running on your PC

Your CPU is borderline close to minimum requirement
Reply Quote
what kind of graphics card would you suggest? and how much would one cost?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Depends on what computer case (mid-tower or slimcase?) and what power supply you have.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Le bump
Reply Quote
Hello Kalganized,
I have been looking at computers lately and am highly considering this one and would like your opinion.

HP Pavilion HPE
H8-1212CB Bilingual Desktop, i7-2600, 23-in. LED-LCD
10 GB, 1 TB
1 GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520
Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium
Item # 681212

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10364526&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|84|22495&N=4011460&Mo=23&No=12&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=22495&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

Basically it has 10gigs of RAM, a 2nd Gen i7, 1tb HD. The biggest thing its lacking is it has a GT520 card which I have read not the best reviews on and like you said no to expect much from diablo. When I opened diablo it said to check there forum because it had detected my GPU was outdated. however it still opened aftewards.

And is this computer very upgradeable or not really because it is a boxed HP type item?

Thanks for all your help!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Bilingual desktop. o_O Not sure why they had to mention it, but...

It's highly inefficient usage of money. i7 and 10GB of RAM has ZERO bearings whatsoever in 99% of gaming you will do.

You would be far better off either buying from a CyberPowerPC / iBuyPower, or better yet, build your own.

If you were to upgrade that computer (graphics card), you would immediately also have to buy a new power supply.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]