Diablo® III

"Will my PC run D3?" READ THIS Before Posting

Might be a bit of a pain now, but laptops should probably be covered at some point as well. Though truth be told, all that really needs to be pointed out is if you need a new one or not, since upgrades are out the window. Problem is how many screwy OEM variants there are of each video chipset these days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WavyGravy:

Yes, your graphics card is way too underpowered. It can run D3, and by "run", I mean you can get to a login screen. Don't really expect to play with that graphics card.

I strongly recommend against Alienware X51 unless you MUST have a slim form factor for a gaming PC.

You might want to check out the link I listed at the very top of the page. It leads to my comprehensive guide on picking out the best parts for building your own gaming PC without paying big bucks.

RayvinAzn:

Yeah, I probably will get to it.

Yes, OEM variants suck.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/16/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The GTX 555M is a personal favorite of mine. Some have 144 cores, some only have 96, some have a 128-bit memory interface, some are up to 92-bit, some use GDDR5, some only DDR3, and clock speeds range from the low 500's to the high 700's which makes for some HUGE differences in performance.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (dedicated memory is low, But I have run games requiring the same or more dedicated mem.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
8400M will run D3, but don't expect too much from it.
Reply Quote
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200

From what I read I should be able to play the game, but its so choppy that its basically unplayable. I know its not my internet. My graphics card is outdated, but when I run it on lowest settings it still looks rather good (considering), but I can't figure what makes it runs so bad. If its my processor I've been looking into the AMD Phenom II 965 Black edition.
Edited by Grundy#1790 on 5/16/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The topic explains why. The HD 4200 is the lowest end in the 4000 family, so it is expected to be choppy because it's so weak.

You need a new graphics card, not a new CPU.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870.

I really can't afford anything over $200.00, so I'm wondering what you would recommend?

Its nice to know that its not my cpu.

I appreciate the help.
Edited by Grundy#1790 on 5/16/2012 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This depends on:

1) Is your computer case a fat mid-tower case?

2) What power supply do you h ave?
Reply Quote
The power supply will have to be replaced when I buy a card (250W).

W: 6.5 in
H: 14.5 in
D: 15 in

I hope that helps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15 in might be bit too tight for a HD 6870 / GTX 560 as these cards are usually about 10 inches long.

I would probably just buy a HD 7750 then call it a day. HD 7750 should not require you to replace your power supply.
Reply Quote
Ok, thanks. It looks like I have to research to do.

Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Thanks, Kalganized. I appreciate the answer.
Reply Quote
HP Pavilion Slimline s5213w Desktop
AMD Sempron LE-1250
memory 4gig
video card nVidia GeForce 6150SE

I know its not the greatest of computers and im not a computer genius i got past the processor issue i was wondering what I needed video card wise to get it running. I don't have alot of money I just want to play any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You have a slim case computer.
You don't have a lot of choice available, not to mention really weak old Sempron.

I would strongly recommend just saving up for a new computer.

If you refuse to, best you can do is to buy a low-profile Radeon HD 6570, like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121441
Reply Quote
it is integrated btw sorry
Reply Quote
Sad to here but thank you
Reply Quote
Because of this game im now buying the Aurora desktop. god i need a life.
Reply Quote
Guys I am a little confused, maybe you can help me out. I just bought a new laptop. It has a core i7 2670 processor and an Nvidia GT 630m graphics card. But when I look at my adapter for my display settings it shows intel graphics family. Also, when I started up D3, it prompted me that my graphics card driver might need updating, and it said intel HD 3000. So is my nvidia card actually being used? I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Optimus not working as intended.

Update to the latest nVidia display drivers, and ensure that your notebook is set to maximum performance under Power options (control panel).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]