Diablo® III

"Will my PC run D3?" READ THIS Before Posting

85 Undead Death Knight
It specifically says it requires a newer operating system to run. AKA, Your laptop sucks, and we refuse to be associated with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Edit
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/18/2012 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
I think my stats say I have xp service pack 1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
By the way, your Vista is outdated.

Download and install the latest service pack for your OS:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Vista is on SP 2 + all other updates. Speccy reports you have SP 1

This should fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Trying it now.
Reply Quote
71 Human Mage
This thread is great, thanks to all you knowledgeable folks for posting. Since my knowlege of computers basically extends to being able to point and click: Any thoughts on if these specs will run D3? I am not a pro gamer (obviously) I just want to know if my poor old PC has a shot at limping through this.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor CPU 2.1 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE

I ran the "can you run it" program and it says that everything but the video card will work, but when it breaks down the system requirements below (pixel/vertex shader and dedicated video RAM) they are all marked as good to go. Thoughts?

Thanks again
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
9300 GE can run D3 but it'll be at lowest settings and not that well.
Reply Quote
Is my graphics card too weak? nVidia geforce 335 GT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, 335 GT is too weak. It'll run, but don't expect much.
Reply Quote
Hi guys, Ive read the thread so far and it looks like i wont be able to play D3 on my pc...(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01701243&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3942022) im going to get a new graphics card, the GT 440 probably, (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121426) for my pc, because i also cant play SWTOR on this computer. I also went to canyourunit.com and it said i couldnt play on SWTOR because my cpu and graphics sucked. then i tried diablo 3 and it said for minimum, my cpu and graphics card couldnt play either, but on d3 recomended, it said my cpu worked fine.....im confused....so all i want to know is if GT 440 works on my pc for SWTOR and D3, and if my CPU can work or not.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would recommend buying a Radeon HD 7750 instead. GT 440 won't be that big of an upgrade.
Reply Quote
Thanks, on new egg, it costs 10 bucks more, but what the heck, it comes with Dirt Showdown. Thanks, I'm going to be shooting some monstas soon :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And yes, your CPU is bit underpowered for today's CPU-bound games. :X
Reply Quote
So do I need a new CPU? Or can I last a few more years with this to play?
Reply Quote
And If I have to, what CPU should I get?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bit underpowered, but if you feel the games are running fine, then you don't have to get a new one.

You have to replace your CPU + motherboard + RAM if you were to get a new CPU.
Reply Quote
Ok, thanks, I'll try, and if it still doesn't work, I'll just build a new computer. But thanks, I hope this works :D
Reply Quote
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152192

Bought this last year and I cant try out diablo for few weeks but I was wondering is this laptop good enough to run diablo with medium/max settings?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I expect high settings and run pretty well.
Reply Quote
Would an ATI Radeon HD 4350 run this game on 1024 res? I know, weak card, not expecting miracles here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]