Diablo® III

"Will my PC run D3?" READ THIS Before Posting

Hi,
Finished normal mode without many laggs then finished nightmare with more problems because of extreme laggs at some points of the game, especially when there were many mobbs and special effects comming toguether, when i opened game to public it was even worse. I thaught it is my connection but at night with 70ping i still got those unplayable laggs so i set down my graphic settings at the lowest but it still didnt change the fluenty of the game.(sry for my bad english)
I have a hp laptop bought 7 months ago
dv6-6051eb
Microprocesseur AMD Phenom II P960 Quad-Core de 1,8 GHz
Cache microprocesseur 2 Mo de mémoire cache de niveau 2
Mémoire 8 Go de mémoire DDR3
Mémoire maximum Extensible jusqu'à 8 Go DDR3
Carte graphique AMD Radeon HD 6650M (1 Go DDR3)
I really dont know much about all these, so i need your help, thank you in advance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
EoB:

There will be some difference as 630M is a little ahead of 6650M, and that Intel's i5 CPU is infinitely more powerful than AMD A-Series APU in CPU-performance (especially notable with games like WoW).

However, fact remains that D3 will be playable in both laptops pretty well.

As for the Acer with i5, it would be the most powerful of them all in terms of balance and price. Since it says "New laptops" on top, I'd assume it's new. Its only downside is 17" monitor, which means it has higher resolution than the other two laptops mentioned above, and may penalize the performance a little.

N1Feeling:

Try to update your graphics card drivers from AMD. Also, I would double check if your CPU or GPU is overheating. HP laptops are infamous for that.

To check, download and run HWMonitor

Have D3 run in true windowed mode, and don't minimize it. Report the temperatures after you have run around in D3 for a while.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/22/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
EoB:

There will be some difference as 630M is a little ahead of 6650M, and that Intel's i5 CPU is infinitely more powerful than AMD A-Series APU in CPU-performance (especially notable with games like WoW).

However, fact remains that D3 will be playable in both laptops pretty well.

As for the Acer with i5, it would be the most powerful of them all in terms of balance and price. Since it says "New laptops" on top, I'd assume it's new. Its only downside is 17" monitor, which means it has higher resolution than the other two laptops mentioned above, and may penalize the performance a little.

Thanks again. I went with the more expensive Lenovo after it turned out that the i5 Acer was no longer available online (must have just switched over this afternoon). Hopefully it arrives in good shape and lasts for years to come. Cant wait to get the wife in some games with me. Cheers,

EoB
Reply Quote
Ok i will try that, thank you for taking time to answer my question
Reply Quote
Hey Kalganized,

Firstly I must say this thread is extremely helpful, thanks for that...

I recently ran D3 on my 3-4 year old PC and fried the CPU!!!

I have therefore purchased a new PC with the following specs...

Core i3 2120 (3.3ghz 3mb)
4gb ram
GT 520 1gb graphics card (with the intention to upgrade to the GTX 550 ti in the near future)

What I was wondering is will the gt520 be okay to run D3 at a reasonable setting, bearing in mind that i am currently using a borrowed pc which has an 8400GS 256mb lol, or would you recommend upgrading first and if so is the GTX 550 ti good enough or would you recommend better?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How much is this PC, because GT 520 is terrible.
Reply Quote
My wife's PC runs D3 at 1920x1080, at 60FPS with these settings:

VSync On
Textures - High
Shadows - Off
Physics - High
Clutter Density - Medium
AA on

She's on a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR 1.3 with a Q9550 and 4GB of DDR3-1333 at stock settings with a GTS250 and she doesn't lag up. It doesn't look the best for sure, but plays the game without FPS hits except in really crowded fights, and then she still gets 35+. Using a Vertex2 40GB SSD for OS drive with XP Pro SP3, but D3 is loaded on a RAID1 Array with 7200RPM 2TB HDD's. It is using Eboostr 4 to take advantage of the 768MB of unused RAM as a RAMCACHE, which I know speeds things up a bit also.

When I get home tonight I'll load up D3 on my 2006 Core2 Duo Dell E1705 Laptop with a 7900Go and see what I can get for FPS and playability at max res.

(For the record, my system is a P8Z77 WS w/ 3770 OC'd with a pair of MSI 580 GTX Lightning XE's also OC'd).

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2373253
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/3450325
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4089491
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4089482
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/3450427
Edited by GorosGoW#1874 on 5/23/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not cost a lot, approx £500, hence me looking to upgrade to a better graphics card.

I know the 520 isn't great but, and i say this only as an amateur, i'm guessing it's better than an 8400GS?

I can get my hands on a GTX 550ti for quite cheap, this is why I was thinking of upgrading to one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
520 is not much better than a 8400 GS
You need to get a pre-built instead of building your own? :o

And how cheap can you get GTX 550 Ti? It's only worth it if you find it cheaper than a Radeon HD 6770.
Reply Quote
This is a pre-built system, it comes with a dedicated gt520.

I can get the gtx 550 slightly cheaper than the 6770, would you say the 6770 is the better option?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you can get the GTX 550 Ti cheaper than the 6770, then 550 Ti is a better option.

That being, because 550 Ti = 6770 in performance mark. So if you pay more compared to the other, it's not worth it.

I'm not sure how £500 equates to US $.

Also, to run GTX 550 Ti / HD 6770, you need a halfway decent power supply, which most of these pre builts do not come with one. To that end, you will probably save more money building your own rather than to buy a pre-built then spend $$$$$$ on the new power supply and a graphics card.

Check this guide out, especially the TLDR example guide at the end:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/23/2012 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
£500 is approximately $800.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated to a pc building noob like myself.

I'll check out what i can do and let you know how it goes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Do you guys think D3 will run alright on my PC?

Pentium e2160@2.7ghz
2gb Ram
9600GSO

I run WoW High settings AF Off Shadows Low and get 30-50fps depending on situation. Gonna pick it up in a few hours.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That will run D3.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Death Knight
Great info but im afraid the technical stuff tells me nothing. Will my pc run it heres my info:
Dell inspiron 1501
AMD athlon(tm) 64 X2
Dual-core processor Tk-55
1.80GHz 1.87GB of RAM

ATI radeon Xpress 1150

Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This will not run it due to a really ancient graphics card
Reply Quote
I use this site to determine whether diablo 3 will run on my pc,
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
Reply Quote
Salutations.
Hope I can get some guidance around here. Already a brilliant topic. Thanks a lot for that.
So, to the problem.
I have a really old computer I'm running Diablo 3 on. It's a Pentium 4 3.0gHz on a Asus P5KPL-AM, 3gb ram ddr2 with a nVidia 8400gs.
I know, lame, shouldn't even be playing.
I'm looking for some CPU temporary upgrade. Will get something cheappy around here (Brazil, where everything is really expensive) and then just buy a whole new computer by december.
I searched the G630 you recommended on the WoW Forum and I can't use it on this MoBo.
I was thinking if I would be able to run Diablo 3, with those specs, in an Pentium E5700 3.0ghz 2mb (around $85USD).
Or, even cheaper, on a Pentium E5400 2.7ghz 2mb (around $50USD), wich is bellow minimum specs. I ask this because, on the current specs, I was able to clear, chopply but playable, normal.
If both sound impossible to run with, are there any cheap recommendations in this MoBo? What about a cheap GPU?
Also, can anyone tell me why would my framerate increase when I increased the textures from Low to High? I mean, it wasn't laggy unless there was a huge pack of monsters after I increased it.
Thanks in advance.
Edited by Grokku#1331 on 5/24/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Grokku:

With your system, it's really better to get a new system.

Please go to my guide again, but check out the TLDR example builds section, which gives you what parts you should get depending on your budget.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]