Diablo® III

"Will my PC run D3?" READ THIS Before Posting

With your system, it's really better to get a new system.

Please go to my guide again, but check out the TLDR example builds section, which gives you what parts you should get depending on your budget.

Yeah, I considered that, but I didn't want to spend more than 50-80 bucks on an upgrade to just make my experience better, not actually fully experience the game in maximum graphics and physics, but be able to run it in low settings without getting the real choppy experience. I will buy a new system, but now it's not really an option.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
Hi i was wanting to know it my Alienware Aurora M9700
will be able to play Diablo 3? im really dont know much about computers really so i was hope some one can help me out. here are the specs for the labtop ----new CPU , AMD Turion 64 mobile 2.40 GHZ.-----2 GB ram--------100 GB hard drive----- Nvidea Geforce Go 7900 GS graphics (2)-----1400X 900 resolution-----Windows XP Media center edition I really hopeing that it will work for D3 cuz i really dont want to have to bu a nother compute... but anyways I hope anyone can help me out and thanks for your time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Grokku:

I assume your computer is a fat mid-tower.

Then I recommend Radeon HD 7750 as the best choice (you can use this card on a new computer too), or if $110 is absolutely out of your range, Radeon HD 6670 (GDDR5).

Neither cards require you to have a good power supply.

Sorrox:

Yes, it can run D3, but you may have to disable SLi.
Reply Quote
Hey, someone I know is getting a laptop soon but wants to know if this will run diablo 3 at least "OK"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Pavilion+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Steel+Gray/4700037.p?id=1218509236294&skuId=4700037
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It'll run D3 well enough, but be wary of heat issues eventually as HP laptops are infamous for those.

Also, this one will beat that HP laptop while being a lot cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328
Reply Quote
Quick question, that one shows a 1.5ghz processor? isn't that...terrible? (the person getting it won't be overclocking or anything, not techy enough)
Edited by Baddon#1834 on 5/25/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1.5 is normal clock, turbo is 2.4 GHz

You will also note both laptops have the same CPU
Reply Quote
1.5 is normal clock, turbo is 2.4 GHz

You will also note both laptops have the same CPU

Oh okay, turbo is auto-overclock right, kicks in when needed? sorry if this is a stupid as dirt question. And yes I realized after I asked that it's the same cpu /ashamed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, kicks in when needed.
Reply Quote
How would this run D3
Acer Aspire AS5750G-9821 LX.RWT02.023 Notebook PC - Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

and would 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M be better than the GT 630M?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
GT 540M = GT 630M in terms of performance. That laptop will run D3 decently, although you better not be paying more than $900 for it.
Reply Quote
Its only 600 but it is a referb
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, if you are fine with a refurb, then it's a good choice.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
Kalganized: Thanks alot for leting me know now im going to go buy the game now xD just wanted to make sher it will befor I would I buy it.
Edited by Sorrox#1874 on 5/25/2012 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Turion 64 should work theoretically, but it may not. Wanted to mention it, as the CPU is very close to minimum requirement.
Reply Quote
Is it possible to run this game on the intel hd 3000 integrated chip? A friend of mine wants to know, and I thought it would be a good question to ask you guys since I'm not too knowledgeable about this sort of stuff.
Reply Quote
How would this run D3
Acer Aspire AS5750G-9821 LX.RWT02.023 Notebook PC - Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

and would 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M be better than the GT 630M?

I have this exact same laptop and it runs D3 great. I got it new from Comp USA for $770. I get 60 fps will all settings on high, but turn off shadows. For some reason rendering the shadows really cause the fps to take a dip. But even with everything on high you can run it at a reasonable fps. I prefer it to look really smooth though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, Intel HD 3000 will run the game, but don't expect much.
Reply Quote
Haha alright gotcha, I'll let him know. Thanks Kal for your info in this thread.
Reply Quote
Actually, the Intel HD 3000 that I have on switchable graphics runs the game perfectly fine. I have everything High w/ shadows off, AA off, and Low FX on, and get 70 frames with dips to 20 when there is huge fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]