Diablo® III

Upgrading my graphics card ,help appreciated

Hello , i currently have an ATI Radeon HD 4200 card , which runs the game but it isnt really playable at all with it. My question to you guys is i have a Dell XPS 7100 and it has a 460 watt power supply , should i get a 6000 series card and will it work well? If so which one do you think is best? Or should i get a 7750 which is the highest i can go without increasing my power supply?

Would like to hear what some people think about this and if im wrong in any of that ^ , please correct me , thanks
Reply Quote
EDIT: bump
Edited by Endless#1375 on 5/16/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
bump of shame
Reply Quote
Hello , i currently have an ATI Radeon HD 4200 card , which runs the game but it isnt really playable at all with it. My question to you guys is i have a Dell XPS 7100 and it has a 460 watt power supply , should i get a 6000 series card and will it work well? If so which one do you think is best? Or should i get a 7750 which is the highest i can go without increasing my power supply?

Would like to hear what some people think about this and if im wrong in any of that ^ , please correct me , thanks

6670 DDR3 is the cheapest best upgrade you can get. Can be had for 40-50 bucks from newegg/tiger direct, or around 70 from fryes/microcenter (if you have one local).

Past that, power supply can become a issue, not all power supplies are the same. Dell's power supplies aren't great. Tom's hardware (website) has benchmarks on the cards. 6670 is faster then a gts 450 and can run the game very well on a budget. Turn shadows down a bit and should be close to max settings at 1680x res.
Reply Quote
Thank you very much

so this would work fine at near-max settings? XFX Radeon HD 6670
Reply Quote
Thank you very much

so this would work fine at near-max settings? XFX Radeon HD 6670

Yup. Make sure it is the DD3 ram model. Should work like a charm. Newegg had a special the other day for 46 bucks (with shipping/rebate) on a gigabtye model. Not sure if it is still going.
Reply Quote
Okay , will it not work if its ddr5 or something else? Im sorry im not very computer savvy D:
Edited by Endless#1375 on 5/16/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]