Diablo® III

Using a one handed sword/blunt weapon.

Maybe I'm confused, but is there a way to use a sword/shield setup with the DH? I've tried, but my default left click skill, that I cannot change to "no skill", is always set for a ranged weapon. I've tried to equip a sword and it tells me that I can't due to the skill.

So, how do I get around this, what if I don't want a Hatred Generating ranged skill as my default left click attack?
Reply Quote
Go to Account options and check the "elective mode" checkbox. Also i think you can lookup in "keybindings" what the regular attack is, i havnt bothered.
Reply Quote
I heard about the elective thing, I'll do that when I get home. Also in the keybindings, the only two settings that you CANNOT change are the left/right mouse buttons.
Reply Quote
You can't make an additional button for melee and the only thing you can't change about left/right click is the fact that it is bound to those keys. Just turn on elective mode and drag your left click ability off the bar and you'll be able to auto attack instead. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:16 AMPosted by LtShaft
You can't make an additional button for melee and the only thing you can't change about left/right click is the fact that it is bound to those keys. Just turn on elective mode and drag your left click ability off the bar and you'll be able to auto attack instead. I wouldn't recommend it though.

So you're saying that it is pointless to use anything but a ranged weapon as a DH? I agree with that, but I was curious if you were able to or not.

I just realized you can dual wield Cross Bows, so I'll be checking that out when I get home. At least with Elective turned on, I can use two skills that regen Hate.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Drstrong

So you're saying that it is pointless to use anything but a ranged weapon as a DH? I agree with that, but I was curious if you were able to or not.

I just realized you can dual wield Cross Bows, so I'll be checking that out when I get home. At least with Elective turned on, I can use two skills that regen Hate.

You can dual wield '1-handed crossbows', but not all crossbows are 1-handed.

Just wanted to make sure you don't get confused.
Reply Quote
I started a thread about Assassin style DH
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051516279#12

Grenades can actually generate hatred without a bow, and lots of skills seem to focus on up-close combat.

Cold weapons' slow effect might also count for Cull the Weak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]